"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Why did I throw this away?

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 28 2010 04:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, I had every single Thundercats action figure (including the rare and limited edition ones), and every playset/vehicle in the line too. That included the massive Cat's Lair that was nearly impossible to get, and Mumm Ra's Tomb too.

They ended up getting given away by my parents, to a family with some little kids. I feel kind of sad about that, but I played with them so much they really weren't in any sort of money making condition. Since its not like I lost out on a mint of money or anything, I'm glad they went to little ones who probably appreciated them, rather than just gathering dust in a box somewhere. Those toys brought be so, SO many hours of joy as a kid. Man oh man.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 29 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

The only ThunderCats toy I ever had was Gruun (name?) the Destroyer. He was this walrus-motifed warrior with a morningstar. I remember he was the archenemy of Jaga. A friend of mine had all the cool figures I wanted like Lion-O. I think one of the toy lines I wanted stuff from but never got the chance to would be Marshal Bravestarr.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jun 01 2010 08:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When I was 10 or so, my mom had a shoebox overflowing with Micro Machines cars. I'd give anything to find it again.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 03 2010 02:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Found some old McDonalds toys in the attic. Might be a mini review in a couple days.
Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Jun 03 2010 07:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I kept all of my old Ninja Turtles and He-Man figures (still at my parents house) as well as all of my NES and SNES boxes/manuals. Hell, I still have my tube of POGs. I never throw anything away, especially things that meant a lot to me as a kid.

But one thing I did sell off that I completely regret doing now is my NES itself that I got when I was 7. It still worked perfectly, was in good shape and for some reason one day, I just decided to put it up on Ebay. I have no idea what I was thinking and now I hate myself for it, especially since I didn't get much for it.
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Jun 03 2010 04:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not really a toy, but Tron: The Animated Storybook. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 03 2010 06:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
The only ThunderCats toy I ever had was Gruun (name?) the Destroyer. He was this walrus-motifed warrior with a morningstar. I remember he was the archenemy of Jaga. A friend of mine had all the cool figures I wanted like Lion-O. I think one of the toy lines I wanted stuff from but never got the chance to would be Marshal Bravestarr.

Yeah, there was a Grune the Destroyer. He was always after Jaga for the Sword of Omens. Very Happy

He wasn't very Walrus-like though. True, he had one fang that poked out of his lip, but he was definetly cat-like:

This makes sense since, if I remember right, he actually WAS a Thundercat himself at some point, but then betrayed them and became their enemy.

Of course, that's not to say that Thundercats and walruses don't go together:

A Tuskan warrior. I always wondered why they made THIS toy, and not a figure of Turmagar, their leader. Oh well.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

jackfrost
Title: Cold Hearted Bastard
PostPosted: Jun 04 2010 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Found some old McDonalds toys in the attic. Might be a mini review in a couple days.

Is it a Little People one? I wish I still had one of those if it is. I remember having a McDonald's, Sesame Street, and a Little People airport. I may have had more, but those are all that I remember offhand.

Incidentally, I found something on Ebay by accident that I used to love as a kid. It is not a manly toy, but hell I was like five years old when I had one.

It was an impulse buy, but it still brings back memories long forgotten. It looks good hanging on my wall too.

@Hawk - I don't know why, but the only Thundercats figures I had were the mail away Mumm-Ra figure , who I traded somebody to get, and the one sold in stores. I loved the show, but I never owned any of the Thundercats. I don't remember why I didn't get the others, but I always loved Mumm-Ra as a villain though and I was happy to be him when I was playing with friends. I always liked the villains more than the heroes anyway. As cartoons go they were always more interesting characters to me.

Char Aznable wrote:
Not really a toy, but Tron: The Animated Storybook. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I don't think I have seen that, but that sounds awesome.

[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/akajackfrost/megaman.jpg[/img]

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 05 2010 07:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the McDonalds toys were the "Muppet Monsters" from around 1994. These were literally the last McDonalds toys I ever got, because I was getting a little too old for them at that point. They're sorta like the McNugget buddies, but not as cool.

I was also thinking about doing an article on WWE Classic Superstars, which was actually an action figure line that I helped with (in the sense that I was able to get into contact via email with several people and personally ask them if they wanted to be a part of this ie. Sherri, Bill Eadie, Honky Tonk Man). One of the reasons I wanted to possibly do a write up on these was because it definately shows the rise and fall of a popular series and partially played a role in Jakks and WWE severing ties.

Also it's interesting that you posted a product made by Tomy, since they were always one of my favorite cheap toys to buy, usually being wind-ups. They had a kick ass band of animals that played instruments when you wound them up. I've looked for them on Ebay (since mine broke when I was little) and I can find them, however the colors aren't the same.
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Jun 06 2010 12:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the old toys I got from restaurants as a child Sad

Oh and this action figure I had.
It was some guy from a cartoon. I saw one episode but never found out the name of the cartoon.
The action figure was this guy who was dressed in some modern red armor. I remember certain connecting parts like the arms to shoulders were springs.

...I wish I remember what it was called :'(

Reply to topic

Jump to: