"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Commodore computers are coming back

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 19 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/16/the-commodore-name-licensed-again-for-a-line-of-keyboard-pcs/

"We've always had a soft spot for Commodore computers. Compact, economical, and robust for their day, they were ubiquitous throughout the 1980s. Unfortunately, the machine's glory days are long behind it, with little more than some gaming rigs and the tireless work of Ben Heck to keep the flag flying. But all that could change if Barry Altman has his way. As President and CEO of the newly minted Commodore USA, he's spent the better part of a year crawling through the arcane red tape necessary to get the rights to the Commodore name. And now? With any luck, later this year the company's monumental advertising campaign will have had its effect ("something like you've never seen in your life," as Altman described it to us on the phone this afternoon) and you'll be able to have your very own keyboard computer with the Commodore logo slapped on for good measure. Presumably based on the Cybernet ZPC-GX31, the exact configurations and pricing will all be spelled out soon enough. In the meantime, hit the source link to see for yourself. And please, guys -- make us a beige one, will ya?"

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 19 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Unless they come with 5 1/4" floppy drives (in addition to DVD-Roms) and built in C64 emulation, I'll pass.

Though, if they look like this:

Then, I'll totally buy one.
Reply to topic

Jump to: