SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Does TNA even know what they are doing anymore?

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Since Hogan and Bischoff have arrived, TNA is turning more and more into a clusterfuck of WCW size. What the hell was that last night?

Stings turns heel for no reason.

RVD squashes Sting in a 3 second match.

Nobody cares about Hall and Waltman, quit trying to push them.

What the fuck are they doing with the Angle/Anderson fued? Can they cheese it up anymore next week? Find Out!

Hogan & Flair shouldn't be wrestling, and it's painful to watch them still try.

The only highlight of the night was the 3-way X-Division match. Which, not so strangely, was between 2 TNA legends and a guy who was being built up before Hogan ever thought about TNA.

I would love to win the lottery and buy controlling interst in TNA, show up one day, and rule that if you are over the age of 45, you don't wrestle on the show and are not allowed more than 5 minutes of TV time per night, unless you are a manager and out with your younger talents that you are pushing.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WWE's booking is just as bad, and a lot of so-called wrestling fans always give them a pass. Why is that? Is it because they're really WWE fanboys and not actual wrestling fans? Is it because WWE has a far less talented pool of wrestlers and they feel less cheated when WWE puts on a crappy show?

And why did Sting turn heel? Starrcade '97.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 01:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I won't give a pass to WWE, but it's on an entirely different level compared to TNA as far as production, writing, etc. When TNA's main storyline is written around the idea that everyone is going after Abyss and his superpowered WWE HOF ring given to him by Hogan....yeeeeaaahhh...I don't know where I was going with that, but it just shows how bad things are.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 02:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not "everyone", just Flair and Styles.

The problem with TNA is that too many things are going on at once and not enough time is being devoted to any of them, especially the good ones. The problem with the WWE is that absolutely nothing is going and they devote 5 broadcast hours a week to it.

There are three hallmarks of a quality wrestling program: stables, managers, and gimmicks. WWE hasn't cared about any of those things in years. There's usually a few gimmicky guys, maybe one manager, and every so often there's a half-assed attempt at a stable. A stable is not two old men and a midget. An actual stable has a minimum of four members, which can include a valet or manager. Which means WWE hasn't had an actual stable since 2004, when Orton was kicked out of Evolution.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 02:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

isnt flair like 100 million years old? and hogan is like 50 million years old?

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 02:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
isnt flair like 100 million years old? and hogan is like 50 million years old?

Wait a minute! I think you solved the mystery of what happened to all the dinosaurs! They all didn't know when to hang up their wrestling boots!
Godofhardcore
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 03:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to watch the Impact replay Thursday but likel I won't ever watch TNA again until I buy it.

Check out EFW Friday and the EFW PPV sunday I'll be posting
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 03:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd hate to disagree Mr. Lexia, but the E is on fire right now . . . well ecept for that gay HArt McMahon feud, which Vince is carrying all by himself.

Batista and Cena have been GREAT at making people give a shit about their match at Mania. The MITB will deliver as usual now that they have Bourne in the match to do the one super huge MITB spot, people got their JEricho-Edge match, and then NXT is pretty fun, and Superstars is legit wrestling, if you can find it on your cable box.

Other than Nigel McGuiness and Elijah Burke, I can't think of anyoned on the TNA roster who could hold up to the best of the best in the WWE. And don't say Angle and AJ, because one is vastly overratted and the other has the personality of a sock.

Now, I do like things TNA has done with their show yest (like the 3 way Division match). I also like the Sting turn, as long as he doesnt give a lame reason as to why he did so. But Abyss, really? Wish they would have put Hernandez in Abyss's spot.

either way, it has been fun switching back and forth between channels on Mondays.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 04:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would like the Sting story better, if he had just laid out everyone and left.

He should go Tweener, beat the crap out of any and everyone, and then leave.

Eventually, he starts approaching people in the back, but thier discussions are never heard. That person disappears for a week or two, and then returns, dressed in black, hanging out with Sting in the rafters.* He slowly builds a stable of people who are fed up with the "Takeover" of TNA by Hogan, Bishoff, and all the veteran talent that TNA is aquiring. (RVD, Flair, Hardy, Hall, Waltman, etc.) Then then start performing hit and run attacks against the veterans and then escape. Ocassionally, some of Sting's minions/follower will start wretling in matches against face and heels. Build up to a final showdown at a big PPV where Sting agrees to a match to settle things only the particpants are TNA originals. The match would be Sting's chosen one against Hogan's chosen rep vs. Flair's chosen Rep. (AJ, Abyss, Daniels, Joe, Hernandez, etc.)

Use the older vets they way they should be used. To push the younger guys. Not to waste over half the airtime on themselves.

*Yes, I realize this is alot like the Undertaker's Ministry Angle from 98/99, but it works for Sting's persona as well.
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 08:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And yet, Impact pulled out the best show of last night. I kid you not.
But well, next Impact will define if they will be a legit threat to the 'E, content-wise, or sink to the bottom in a ridiculous, embarassing way. Other than that, ratings are not favorable to them.

Also, the show closed just when Jeff Hardy was about to deliver a swanton bomb over his opponent! If they keep doing stuff like this, then TNA should just stop trying.

seinfeld
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't think it was that bad actually. Just watch the episode of Raw, it makes Impact looks great.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Finally seeing them side-by-side and not 3 days apart TNA is so much better than Raw.

Raw put on the same boring show they do every week with wasted flashback packages, prolonged entrances, and bad commercial breaks. The wrestling... ugh, who watches WWE for the wrestling?

TNA was on their game and came to show they were a contender.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

lol, couldn't be any more wrong.

I didn't know throwing out Hall-Xpac-Nash-Hogan for multiple segments was "top of their game" cause if that's their A game, they're doomed.

The one consistent bright spot is Jeff Jarett of all people, who has been murdering it with his out of shape underdog start from scratch angle. He has the fundamentals of being babyface so down pat that its a shame he destroyed what sympathy he was able to gain by being that scene hogging heal all those years ago.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 01:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

What amazes me most about TNA is they don't push their own talent as much as they should; Christopher Daniels for example is unbelievable, yet they've never used him to his full ability. I could go on with so many other guys, but what's the point?
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 02:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
lol, couldn't be any more wrong.

How could it be wrong? It was an opinion.

WWE put me to sleep. I'm glad I had better wrestling to flip to this past week.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 03:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Uncle Joe again, WWE might not be perfect, but they're at least getting me interested in WM. For one, I'm amazed they have my interest for Taker/Michaels despite it probably not being the best match or not topping their last match, it has a lot more riding on it than last year's. Batista and Cena is another thing I didn't want to see, until Batista's verbal fucking ownage of Cena...and if I was WWE I would actually have Bats win, just to build more interest for possibly another match at Summerslam, because you have such a good threat in Batista, it's just a waste to have him lose that momentum just so Cena can have yet another WM moment.

The only thing that pisses me off, is there is going to be 10 people in the MITB. That's too much of a clusterfuck, hell it was enough of a clusterfuck with 8 people. MITB doesn't need to be a spotfest, since a lot of people are already going to be pumped for the sheer fact that this ALMOST guarentees one person a main event slot in the future.

I also wish Jericho/Edge was more interesting. But I'll take what I can get out of it I guess.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 03:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

But you stated it as a fact. And an opinion can be wrong, but that's neither here nor there.

Neither of the two blew me away, and I enjoyed both, but TNA still seems so amateurish, and I HATE their camera work. But let's keep our fingers crossed that they dont fuck up the pushes of Burke, Morgan, Hernandez and AJ and Wolfe.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 08:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I really can't fathom how Cena/Batista can be as interesting as you guys seem to claim.

Batista has always been boring as fuck. Cena has been boring as fuck since his face turn. Neither one is exciting to watch in the ring. I simply don't care about either guy, and there's nothing WWE could do to make me care about them. They've booked them both so poorly for so many years now that I've been conditioned to change the channel whenever they come on my TV. I mean, you might as well be telling me that WWE has a great Zeus/Giant Gonzalez feud going on right now.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I really can't fathom how Cena/Batista can be as interesting as you guys seem to claim.

Batista has always been boring as fuck. Cena has been boring as fuck since his face turn. Neither one is exciting to watch in the ring. I simply don't care about either guy, and there's nothing WWE could do to make me care about them. They've booked them both so poorly for so many years now that I've been conditioned to change the channel whenever they come on my TV. I mean, you might as well be telling me that WWE has a great Zeus/Giant Gonzalez feud going on right now.

Agreed.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 02:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care for Cena or Batista either, but at least Batista has been given an injection of character by turning heel, this is the first time I've given a damn about him since 2005. I don't like Cena at all, at all. This feud is interesting just for Batista, even though I'm sure he'll lose. It doesn't matter who is involved in a feud or what it's over, all that matters is how it's BOOKED. If a match is built up properly, I'm more likely to get "emotionally involved". It's like a movie, you might not like the actors or who's directing it, but sometimes there can be a good story behind it. Batista's speech was probably the best promo I've ever heard him cut, and yes I know he isn't the Rock or anything, but he seemed to actually act like it really did matter to him. This year's WM card is looking better and better every week.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 03:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

With Cena during this feud, He's admitted that he can't beat Dave. His promos are basically non exsistant, or less than 2 minutes. Batista was boring as a face, but he does all the little things that make me love him as a heel. The gaudy, ridiciulous outfits he wears, and little mannerisms are top notch.

Yeah and 10 or 9 people in MITB is way too fucking much. And by the dumb rules and angles, you know either Christian is winning it or McIntiyre, but they're setting it up for a pretty obvious win for McIntiyre.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 03:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will be highly disapointed if anyone other than Christian wins. Except for maybe Ziggler...but that won't be happening.

If Drew wins, I'll be super fucking pissed. He's one of the most boring superstars I've ever seen.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 04:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Granted, he has an awesome look (no homo), and a sick finisher and is adequate on the mic, but he's pretty vanilla otherwise.

Dod, can't wait for the huge spot involving Bourne.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt McIntyre's winning, if anything it's setting up a spot with him getting beat down by everyone else in the match for getting a pass.

Godofhardcore
PostPosted: Mar 11 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At least WWE is coherent and when it comes time for PPV they deliver.
Reply to topic

Jump to: