"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hogan gets rid of the six-sided ring

Reply to topic
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 02:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

World War III and War Games are two kinds of matches I don't want to see so soon again. But who knows, maybe Russo and Ferrara will book something like that for the next shows?

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 06:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Guess I should have attached the "this is a fucking joke" tag to my post.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 08:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As a huge Nitro Party throwing fan of the late 90's I have to admit that Pro Wrestling sort of sucks now. I guess it is because there was good ole American competition between the WWF and WCW and now the WWE is the main player with TNA and others being minor players.

It isn't the same even with Hogan back.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 21 2010 01:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

bah. the two things I liked about TNA were the ROH wrestlers and the six sided ring. Now that both of those are pretty much gone, I am disinterested.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 21 2010 01:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I miss the days when they weren't so storyline driven, and the story was told in the ring.

Tonight, these two guys are gonna wrestle. Why? Because someone upstairs said so. Now watch them do fucking moonsaults and shit.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 21 2010 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha, that's the main reason I can't get into wrestling like I use to. It bores the shit out of me. I mean they use to do more than 2 matches a night, and in my fractured little mind that was perfect. I guess everyone else thought differently.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

So I caught the last few minutes of TNA...why the FUCK is AJ heel now? And why did they have to resort to a screwjob finish for him and Angle? Didn't he prove like 2 weeks ago he could beat Angle? So why the fuck is he cheating to win now? Makes absolutely no sense.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 07:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

If they go live again, it won't be till mid February. They have taped everything through 2/11 already. You think they'd be increasing their number of tapings to keep the product fresher, but instead they're scaling them back. Hogan is retarded.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I miss the days when they weren't so storyline driven, and the story was told in the ring.

Tonight, these two guys are gonna wrestle. Why? Because someone upstairs said so. Now watch them do fucking moonsaults and shit.

The current HBK/Undertaker storyline is about the best thing happening right now. It's a return of classic storytelling. I mean, they are giving it almost four months to build, and even brought Undertaker over to Raw this week to continue the story. Whoever planned this out is doing it right, which mean he'll probably be replaced by another Hollywood hack writer soon.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jan 25 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA Becomes WCW Lite.

4 Sides, same "cast", lacking the punch and style that used to be.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jan 26 2010 07:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

In another news, Christopher Daniels openly stated that he might leave TNA if Hogan and Bischoff keep interfering in the decisions regarding the way TNA should take.
Both Hogan and Bischoff also stated that they're planning to get rid of some people, including the British Invasion, Eric Young, Homicide and Suicide.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 26 2010 01:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Supposedly Awesome Kong and Alissa Flash (Cheerleader Melissa in the indies) have asked for their releases. Jay Lethal is supposedly on the potential chopping block as well.

That's just sad. Hall can't wrestle anymore, he can barely fucking TALK, and he gets a job in TNA over these guys? The fucking Nasty Boys get jobs in TNA over these guys? Ken Anderson gets a job in TNA over these guys? FUCK THAT. Apparently also, Jeff Hardy is not under contract and he has no plans to return. So he's screwed over TNA for a second time. Asshole.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jan 26 2010 03:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think he did it to make a point to WWE, to protect his job security once all the trials are over.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 26 2010 03:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You know, TNA's current troubles can all be blamed on Kurt Angle. TNA was in a pretty good place creatively when suddenly Angle's marriage fell part. So he starts dating Rhaka Khan and his estranged wife Karen secretly starts dating Jeff Jarrett. Kurt finds out about Jeff/Karen and decides to be a whiny little bitch about and complains to Jeff's financial backer, Dixie Carter, and threatens to quit if she doesn't punish Jeff. So Dixie sides with Kurt, strips Jeff of booking/creative power, pulls him off TV, and suspends him. The company never recovered from the turmoil that caused and it allowed Hulk Hogan to waltz in and run the company into the fucking ground. When TNA fails, blame Kurt Angle.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jan 26 2010 07:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

On a brighter note TNA is coming to my town on March 13th, atleast I think thats the date...

uncle joe
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 04:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

In a bit of news that will more than likely make Syd weep, apparently Hogan and the Nasty Boys laughed at Jay Lethal infront of the entire lockeroom, making fun of him, his gimmick and employment status. This didn't go well with most of the boys in the back.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One site tried to get #HoganCantCountTo6 Trending Topic. I sent one message with it to @TNADixie, Dixie Carter, too Smile Hogan is also so old now he needs ramp now to get in the ring...

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 02:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
You know, TNA's current troubles can all be blamed on Kurt Angle. TNA was in a pretty good place creatively when suddenly Angle's marriage fell part. So he starts dating Rhaka Khan and his estranged wife Karen secretly starts dating Jeff Jarrett. Kurt finds out about Jeff/Karen and decides to be a whiny little bitch about and complains to Jeff's financial backer, Dixie Carter, and threatens to quit if she doesn't punish Jeff. So Dixie sides with Kurt, strips Jeff of booking/creative power, pulls him off TV, and suspends him. The company never recovered from the turmoil that caused and it allowed Hulk Hogan to waltz in and run the company into the fucking ground. When TNA fails, blame Kurt Angle.

I wholeheartedly agree with this despite being a HUGE Kurt Angle fan, but I would place the blame on Kurt arriving in TNA as the beginning of the end.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA was remarkable during their weekly PPV run, but the blame must go to Dutch Mantel, Mike Tenay and the dicks on the booking committee. If Scott D'Amore was left to book it, things would be so much better.

A big part o the blame is that they bring in WWE outcasts and put them over the youlnger kids but never let the young kids get their heat back. Aside from Christian and Elijah Burke, everyone else should be fodder for the TNA guys.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 04:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that they believe they've got any hopes for guys like Anderson or Morley just shows me how desperate they seem aside from the Hogan crap.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will admit Morley was kind of wasted in the WWE, but fuck, Anderson can't walk 2 blocks without dislodging a muscle. The guys TNA should prioritize

AJ
Hernandez
Matt Morgan
James Storm
BI
EY
Lethal (depending if they get him a mouth piece; he is BRUTAL on the mic)
Nigel McGuiness.
The Knockouts

Cant think of anyone else worth a shit

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 04:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
Lethal (depending if they get him a mouth piece; he is BRUTAL on the mic)

This is why he needs to keep the Black Machismo gimmick forever and ever. He's only good on the mic when he's impersonating Savage.
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 05:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
Cant think of anyone else worth a shit

Brian Kendrick
Generation Me

Don't really watch any TNA anymore, but Kendrick has been my favorite since his tag team with Paul London, and Generation Me is just a solid tag team... if only they had a less stupid name... should have stuck with The Young Bucks.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 05:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Christopher Daniels I am amazed at how wasted he's been. He's quite possibly one of the most underrated workers I've ever seen and the fact that they haven't used him longterm in over 5 years just shows me how stupid TNA truly is.
Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Feb 11 2010 03:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The fucking Nasty Boys get jobs in TNA over these guys?

Wholly Guacamole! Nasty boys in TNA? If I'm thinking of the same people, TNA just got a viewer. Never really watched all that much of it, maybe a few episodes when Raven was still there, but thats about it.

But I think that WWE needs good competition. A monopoly is never a good thing unless I'm the wheelbarrow. So if TNA goes under, a wrestling league needs to go mainstream and start whooping WWE's ass somehow so WWE will have to put some real effort forth.

This Is Tuna With Bacon

Reply to topic

Jump to: