[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hogan gets rid of the six-sided ring

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 17 2010 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently tonight at TNA Genesis, Hogan debuted a new four-sided ring, replacing the company's six-sided one. The fans booed.

This is the second time Hogan has been booed while trying to cut face promos. The man is apparently horribly out of touch with the fans.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the fact that Hogan likes to waltz into promotions and control shit. He did the same thing in WCW. He and his power player buddies get together and do what they want, seemingly regardless of how fans respond at times. He's probably given the input/power since he's a legendary icon, but he needs a filter for his ideas, much like Vince Russo.

RIP Hacker.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 02:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

....wow

Wasn't that their WHOLE selling point?

"Our ring has six sides, but only one Angle."

This is fucking ridiculous...you aren't going to beat (or even come close to beating) WWE by offering the fans the exact same shit that WWE offers.

I can only assume that someone like Hogan couldn't function inside of the six-sided ring.

Goddammit!
seinfeld
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 03:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

The opening segment with Hogan and Bischoff was a train wreck. If Hogan is attempting to appeal to the fans he is doing a terrible job.

I personally never liked the 6 sided ring, but it did help define TNA a little better.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 04:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

As it stands... fucking BOO!!! It's a unique aspect to TNA.

If Hogan can't count to 6 it's his altimer's fault.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

seinfeld wrote:
The opening segment with Hogan and Bischoff was a train wreck. If Hogan is attempting to appeal to the fans he is doing a terrible job.

I personally never liked the 6 sided ring, but it did help define TNA a little better.

A good booker will change the booking when the fans don't respond to it. On the live IMPACT, Jarrett cut a promo that the fans loved. Then Hogan immediately cut a promo on him, claiming that he ran TNA into the ground. The fans booed. Now, Hogan and Bischoff, at that point, should have realized that Hogan was going to have to play the heel. Instead, on the next IMPACT, they had Jarrett turn heel by saying that there was no talent in TNA except him. Then Hogan got booed again at Genesis, and proceeded to berate fans for liking the six-sided ring. He needs to make a quick and definite heel turn and have a power struggle with faces Jarrett and Foley, or things are going to get bad. I know Hogan hopes to bring in new fans, but right now, all he's doing in pissing off the longtime fans.

I need to win the lottery. Dixie Carter will apparently listen to anyone with money, and I could book TNA better than Hogan is doing.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 01:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

With four or six sides, the ring didn't matter last night. Most matches were trainwrecks by themselves.
It was the usual stuff done by TNA. Jabs were thrown at Vince and WWE, for example. The way it goes, they're aren't going very far.

Also, commenting on last night's show, who didn't saw Kendrick and Mr. Anderson Anderson coming? And the fact they Nash and Waltman actually lost cleanly to Beer Money saved the night for me.
Oh yes, Flair and AJ are now heels.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Kendrick and Amazing Red put on a great match, as did Angle and Styles. The rest was kind of a mixed bag.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 02:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Chile Guy wrote:
Also, commenting on last night's show, who didn't saw Kendrick and Mr. Anderson Anderson coming?

I was hoping for RVD in all honesty...

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I knew Anderson would join. RVD would have been a lot more exciting than Kendrick. Kendrick is a great cruiserweight, but he's not really a star.
seinfeld
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 02:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anderson looked like he forgot how to wrestle. Granted, they did put him in the ring with Abyss, but he didn't do anything last night that I'm not capable of doing.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 18 2010 03:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anderson has always been a fucking joke...except for his run against Tony Chimmel, and obviously they couldn't keep that up forever. While it's incredibly easy to get his character over, he's incredibly bland in every other category. And don't forget how much of an inconsistant liar he is. I really started to despise him when he started talking shit about Superstar Billy Graham...guess what asshole...you only WISH you could be as impacting as Graham was, and Graham went out of his way to put him over! But Ken decided to be a dick and then got busted for steroids anyways.

And I don't think RVD is coming to TNA, word is he's going to be a guest spot in the Rumble...AGAIN.
thomastrioxin
Title: the twenty dollar man
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 10:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

i really need to get cable. i have never watched tna. is it entertaining since they bring old favorites on there?

*fun fact* my friend brandy hit jeff jarrett with a grocery cart at target one christmas when he was at home in hendersonville. true story

Just when you thought it was safe to be dead

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did Jarrett sell the hit?

Also, apparently at the post-Genesis IMPACT tapings, signs that Hogan/Bischoff didn't like were seized by security, and before the tapings fans were told not to chant, or they'd be ejected.

Here's a video:

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 01:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The crowd is now considered part of the staff for the tapings, so they think they can rule over them as well...
Then again you have to consider they get in the Impact Zone for free.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Killing the crowd is fucking stupid, even worse than getting rid of the ring. One of the best parts of TNA is the crowd, especially the heel section which has seemed to die down.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 03:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a TNA or Hogan fan so I don't have attachments either way, but just from a business perspective...why would you get rid of your company's trademark, especially when trying to go head to head with a VERY solidly established brand? Wouldn't you want to do even MORE to set yourself apart...?

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 04:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hogan has said in interviews he wanted to distance the company from the WWE and provide a better brand of sports entertainment. Well, if that's the case, then why does he seem to be making it MORE like the WWE?

Complaining about fans swearing is dumb. One of TNA's strongest points right now is that they're NOT putting on a sterilized, bloodless wrestling show for little babies like the WWE is. And why change the ring? How does that help the product in any way? All it does it take away from the company's uniqueness.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 06:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was only unique in the US, as TNA stole it from Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) of Mexico, whose was first to use a six sided ring.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 09:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They should make it 8 sided and from now on the mat should be made out of a trampoline. Takes high flying cruiserweights to a whole new level.

thomastrioxin
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

as far as rings go, i think they should use that two ring method the wcw had for one of their ppvs

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't it three rings?
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There should be a big ring on bottom, with a smaller ring on top. It would look like a wedding cake. With multiple levels of turnbuckles you could do some crazy shit.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 01:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Horrible idea, the mutiple rings were a clusterfuck. Remember the horrible camera from the live impact x division match where you didn't know what was going on, that times 2.

thomastrioxin
PostPosted: Jan 20 2010 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Wasn't it three rings?

yeah come to think of it. but there was a set up with two rings in one big steel cage.

Reply to topic

Jump to: