"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Wrestlemania as it stands right now...*possible spoilers*

Reply to topic
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Feb 26 2010 06:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Might be a stupid question, but does he have to lose the streak? Taker can't have much longer as an active competitor can't he just go out undefeated?

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 28 2010 06:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's really stupid. Like someone else said, part of the magic of Wrestlemania IS Undetaker's streak, so I can't fathom him losing it. And I say this as a person who never really cared for the Undertaker.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 02 2010 02:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Batista just fucking OWNED Cena on the mic tonight, he actually got me interested in this feud, even though I have no doubts that Cena will win the belt.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 02 2010 02:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really liked Cena's facial expressions when Dave was telling him the reason he was fucking him up. And Cena sounding like he was gonna cry SOLD Dave's promo even more. Kudos to both of them, shit was great.

So go ahead, keep on kissin babies and hugging fat chicks.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 02 2010 03:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
I really liked Cena's facial expressions when Dave was telling him the reason he was fucking him up. And Cena sounding like he was gonna cry SOLD Dave's promo even more. Kudos to both of them, shit was great.

So go ahead, keep on kissin babies and hugging fat chicks.

You know, I haven't watched Raw in some time, but I watched that clip based on what folks said here, and that sure was a DAMN good scene. Both Batista and Cena were darn good--good enough to get me to watch next week, even lol.

But I'm curious now: what's the storyline between these two, that Cena would be so upset over what Batista was saying? Its not like a zillion other people haven't told him "you can't beat me," and I never remember seeing him that emotional over it.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 02 2010 05:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hawk, the storyline is actually pretty stupid. It ties in to the Bret Hart angle, which Cena stuck his nose in, so technically he's at fault. Then Batista attacked both Hart and Cena and Cena wonders why Batista did what he did. At the Chamber, Batista entered the Chamber right after Cena won the title and beat him for it and has beaten him down a few times since then. Batista made his motives known last night. But in all honestly, it once agains proves that heels are generally correct with their motives and faces are stupid idiots who play to the crowd and never use their head.

That will be the main event of Wrestlemania, not Edge and Jericho, which seems to really not have any real build at all.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 03:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rey Punk (which isnt confirmed yet) will probably be MOTN, but Bats-Cena as my other candidate to win it.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 04:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
Rey Punk (which isnt confirmed yet) will probably be MOTN, but Bats-Cena as my other candidate to win it.

I'm betting on Taker/HBK as match of the night/month/year. This is going to be, at least for one of them, the last Wrestlemania they will be in. They will go all out again, and try to wrestle the perfect match.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 01:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure, because last year's match was highly overrated, while being on a card that didn't exactly have bang bang good matches to being with.

Taker can barely walk, so it would be hard to top what hey did last year anyway.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 15 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So is the HOF a 2 for 1 tonight? Or does Stu get his video next week? And while that's one hell of a class, I don't think it's really appealing to the casual fan.

Not a bad Raw tonight, but certainly could've been more magnificent.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Mar 16 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Casuals can suck it....Gorgeous George, Ted DiBiase, and Inoki make this class a great one.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 29 2010 02:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just got back from watching it with a few friends, my thoughts on the show;

Morrison/R Truth vs. Show Miz: I had a feeling this would be the first match. It had it's moments, but nothing spectacular. R Truth jumping at Big Show was hilariously bad, and I knew Show Miz was basically winning no matter what, but it got the crowd hot for a while.

Ted Dibiase vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton: Not a bad match, but poorly booked I thought. They put way too much emphasis on Legacy double teaming Orton, that I figured Orton was going to win no matter what. The Legacy break up was bound to happen, and it would've been cool if it happened before Mania, maybe allowing a dark horse like Cody Rhodes to maybe squeak out a win on behalf of beating Ted. I love the Orton mannerisms though.

Money in the Bank Ladder match: This match probably pissed me off the most during the night. I was really hoping they would use this match to help elevate Christian, as I can't see him getting in the main event on either SD or Raw without something like this. Swagger wins, and honestly I have no problems with Swagger, in fact along with Ziggler, they were the only 2 other people in the match I didn't have a problem with seeing win. The problem lies with how they're built. Swagger hasn't really done anything in recent times, in fact the last thing he really did before this was job to Santino. If you're taking someone from doing nothing to putting them in the main event, it's quite a large stretch, I would think after his time on ECW, Christian would benefit the most. Nonetheless, I think Swagger is going to be the first person to cash in and lose. Overall, a pretty mediocre MOTB based on what we got in recent years.

Sheamus vs. Triple H: Not a bad match, I would've actually had this as the opener. Sheamus put on a pretty good performance for the most part and I guess him losing doesn't affect anything, but I think it could've done something. It always seems like the same people are benefitting at Wrestlemania.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio: Speaking of people who benefit too much, little tiny Rey Mysterio is upset that CM Punk ruined his daughter's birthday party. The stipulation for this match was so stupid to begin with, it's a no brainer that Mysterio was going to win. That's part of the problem I have with Mysterio, he seems to always win but never really go anywhere. I guess it's a good thing, since he was one of the worst booked champions I ever recall, but this could've been a straight up match with no stipulations and I would've been fine with it. I'm glad it wasn't a hair match, but good God, Punk has been absolutely at his best as a heel, it would be nice to let him win a PPV every once and a while.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon: Holy fuck did this match suck! I am absolutely amazed at how shitty it was! If Bret is the best there ever will be, God help us all. I was at least expexting maybe for Vince to just bump around the arena for Bret, but all we really got was just several minutes of Vince getting beat up by the Hart Dynasty, then about 20 chairshots to the back. I've seen backyard wrestling matches that were better than this. And I'm not going to accept the idea that Bret couldn't do anything, because that's horseshit, he didn't have to bump at all, and you could've still put on a pretty decent match, there was just no consistancy here, it was just an ugly thing to look at.

Chris Jericho vs. Edge: This is the only match that genuinely surprised me. I knew it was going to be a good match, and it wasn't overly impressive by any means. Having Jericho win surprised the fuck out of me though, even though it shouldn't have. I mean Edge has been getting the upperhand on Jericho for weeks, which should usually tell you that Jericho would win. But for some reason, I had it in my mind that Edge was going to finally get his Wrestlemania moment. But he didn't. And he became the 3rd Royal Rumble winner in a row to lose at Mania. Oh, and he's lost 4 straight WM's now. Yeesh.

10 Diva tag match: Bwahaha! This was another useless match simply there to give the divas something to do. It's your typical diva match, nothing special, but the finish was hilarious. Vickie Guerrero gets her fatass up on the top rope to do a frogsplash, tries to hit it, but her feet hit the ground and does a bodyflop to Kelly Kelly. Vickie goes for the pin, only to yank Kelly's body up SO high, her shoulders are off the ground, the ref DOING HIS JOB, explains this to her, only for Vickie to do another 5 little belly flops to Kelly while the other divas don't know what to do, Vickie pins Kelly again despite not really doing any damage, all in all Kelly had to lay down for Vickie for a good 15 seconds, poor Kelly.

Batista vs. John Cena: Again TOO much emphasis on HAVING to come through, Batista had Cena's number for SO long, it was obvious that Cena was going to win. It seems like every single year, Cena seems to be in the title match and almost every time he walks away with the title. This year it wasn't too bad, I mean last year was HORRIBLE as far as how he went about winning the title, but at least this year had a fucking story behind it. The thing is, why does it always have to be Cena? He's tied with Hogan now as far as walking out of Manias with the belt, and I figure we'll see the same thing for the next several years down the line. This wasn't as good as their Summerslam match, but a couple false finishes. Completely killed Batista's momentum with a submission though, so fucking lame.

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker: This match as far as quality, did not live up to what they did last year. What it did deliver was a better story. Not only was I more emotionally attached to this match, but I was actually fine with it being after the title match, it felt THAT important. The finish was awesome, Michaels was defiant till the end, and Taker showed something he's never shown to any of his other Mania opponents; respect. Both men delivered well, despite Taker looking like he was in pain at times, he did a good job. If this was Michaels' last match, he went out like a pro.

Overall, the match quality was alright, most matches were pretty decent, but the build to them for the most part has been better than it has before, and that's honestly more important than the match itself as long as you give the fans what they paid to see. Definately better than last year's, although it's really hard to deterime where to place it at this time. I give it 7.5/10
uncle joe
PostPosted: Mar 29 2010 08:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Were you honestly expecting anything good out of Bret?

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Mar 29 2010 08:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not a bad WrestleMania at all. All matches were fine, except the tag match (shortened when it was getting interesting), Bret vs. Vince (Were you hoping for something good? You really have way too high hopes) and the divas match (only Vickie's frogsplash could be saved from this stinker).
I also wonder if they'll really make Mr. Lisp lose his cash-in match so they can set up a PPV based on another Money in the Bank match! Urgh... do not want at all! Just make Swagger a credible title-holder like they somewhat did with Sheamus.
Oh, and mark my words: Taker has at least two more WM matches so he can close his streak at 20-0, and this is not the last time we'll see HBK wrestling.

Ba'al
PostPosted: Mar 30 2010 08:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed it, was much better than last years what a terrible ending and one-trick pony that was. Only bad match was the Divas match for me, they should've canned that for the battle royal they put as the dark match. I'd much rather see Mike Knox, Zack Ryder, and Goldust at WM than a bunch of no-talent bimbos.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Mar 30 2010 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't see it Sad

But, I heard Swagger won MITB. That was a surprise to me. I didn't think they'd give him a shot.

HBK losing to Taker. We can't say we didn't warn him AND he already lost once before. Sorry Shawn, but you're out of your mind to face Taker at Wrestlemana, twice. Not even Kane could take him down and he had 2 chances.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 01 2010 01:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the thing about Swagger's win...

SPOILERS

On Smackdown, he came out after Edge and Jericho were going at it, took advantage of the situation and won the World Heavyweight Title. I can't stress how stupid and illogical this is.

#1. Swagger is not ready to be WHC, he has come off as awkward in the last several promos he cut. He even looked kind of bad in the MITB match when he was trying to get the briefcase.

#2. There were like 4 other more deserving people in the MITB match that could've benefited better. I'm not saying Swagger isn't deserving but no one expected him to win because....

#3. Swagger is coming off being jobber to Santino from a couple of months ago and doing absolutely nothing, so why all the sudden should I consider him a main eventer? He has barely been a blip on Raw, so who really cares?

#4. MITB is incredibly cliche now, everyone who cashes in the briefcase wins the belt, maybe someone should lose, snap, then win the title at an upcoming PPV or something.

#5. Outside of the first 2 MITB's, everyone who has won MITB, hasn't really broken through the glass ceiling. The reason why it worked the first two times, was Edge teased it for nearly a year and went on to fight in the main events, RVD worked because he had an actual match instead of cashing it in on a weak opponent. Just because you win the belt, you aren't really a main eventer, look at Punk...he stands absolutely no chance against any main eventers on the SD roster and has lost every PPV since losing the title.

And believe me, I like Swagger. I want him to do well, but this isn't the way of going about it. I wish they would change up the MITB winner instead of going for the worst way to book them.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Apr 01 2010 07:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wish WWE was as belt happy 20 years ago when so many other people deserved the belt. Such as Ted Dibiase Sr and Mr. Perfect. And, how come Ken Shamrock never won the belt? (I know the answer, in fact both answers: Austin & The Rock.)
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Apr 01 2010 09:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was because ken shamrock sucks.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Apr 01 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:

???? At the hight of his career (1998) he was rated the 8th best wrestler in the world.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 02 2010 12:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ba'al wrote:
I enjoyed it, was much better than last years what a terrible ending and one-trick pony that was. Only bad match was the Divas match for me, they should've canned that for the battle royal they put as the dark match. I'd much rather see Mike Knox, Zack Ryder, and Goldust at WM than a bunch of no-talent bimbos.

at least all the bimbos have cool finishers.

Ba'al
PostPosted: Apr 02 2010 04:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
Optimist With Doubts wrote:

???? At the hight of his career (1998) he was rated the 8th best wrestler in the world.

Ken Shamrock was awesome, he was very over as a loose cannon-type face. Then they ruined it by turning him heel and having him join the Corporation. His music was epic as well.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 03 2010 05:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I really loved his music. I always wished they did more with him, I mean he didn't need to win the WWF title or anything, but seeing him in a consistant role as a main eventer would've been nice. The guy looked nuts when he got pissed. Personally, I think they ruined him once they introduced Ryan Shamrock.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 03 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'M GONNA SNAP!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: