"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
El Eternauta

Reply to topic
Kable
Title: I'm a tumour
PostPosted: Dec 15 2009 03:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

El Eternauta is a science fiction comics series created by Argentine comic strip writer Héctor Germán Oesterheld initially with artwork by Francisco Solano López. It was first published in Hora Cero Semanal from 1957 to 1959.

The story begins with an extraterrestrial invasion to Earth. A deadly snowfall produced by the invaders covers Buenos Aires wiping out most life in a few hours. Juan Salvo, along with a couple of friends (Favalli and Lucas), his wife, and his daughter remain safe from the lethal snowflakes thanks to the protection of Juan Salvo's home and the cleverness of Favalli. They soon get organized in order to survive the snowfall, making special suits to leave the house protected from the snow, and gather supplies.

They soon find out the true nature of the strange phenomenon and join an improvised resistance army to fight the invaders back. They march to the country's capital city having to fight on different occasions against giant insects ("cascarudos"), a humanoid species with dozens of fingers on each hand (called by humans "Manos" -Hands-), giant elephantine beasts, capable of knocking buildings down ("gurbos"), and even other men who were captured and enslaved via implanted devices ("hombres-robot"). As it turns out, all of these creatures are just pawns, remotely controlled through implants by the real invaders, los Ellos ("Them") also referred as "The Cosmic Hatred", who remain hidden, controlling everything from the distance.

After managing a few victories, the resistance is finally ambushed and reduced to just a few men. Right after leaving, Buenos Aires is "cleaned" by a nuclear warhead. They split, and Juan Salvo tries to escape with his wife and daughter using one of the alien spaceships, but he accidentally triggers a time traveling apparatus in the craft. As a result, the three are lost in separate time dimensions known as "continuums". Juan Salvo begins to travel through time seeking for them, thus getting the name of Eternauta.

More information and a lil sample of it [url]www.digitaldesk.it/pdf/Eternauta.pdf [/url]

hope you enjoy it...

life is a sucsecion of hang-overs...

== TU ENEMIGO ETERNO ==

pineapple
PostPosted: Dec 15 2009 04:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Kable
PostPosted: Dec 19 2009 04:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

this is one of the only comics that cud ever seen light in the years of the military represion here in argentina... I mean this talks under the lines abaut all persons that for defendig thier constitucional frredoms they were "disapeared" (kidnaped, tortured, questioned, tortued again, and then killed) by the army...

in that time, if there were forums such as this, they would get us all and made us desapear... they didn't even let people gather more than 5 persons in the same place at the same time... if you look like a subvercive, no matter if you weren't, they take you and make you desapear... if you were involved in any kind of polotical group, they take you and make you desapear... if you dared to say anyhing in front of a "milico", they take you and make you desapear...

those fuckers even abducted the babys of the people they made desapear... there are a lot of them now days still not knowing that thier real parents were taken and made desapear by the milicos... there's a big group called "Madres y Abuelas de Plaza de Mayo" (mothers and grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo)... this group is formed by the familiars of those desapeared... this brave women still fight to know what happened to thier family members...

even I have some family member made desapeared by those fuckers... I never meet them or knew thm well, but I just feel so much hate abaut those assholes... they destroyed so many lifes in the name of what they called fair...

in the last part of the military goverment there was as president General Gualtieri... wanna know what this dude did? he one day said "Hey! the people are doing to much revolting now and we can't hold them as before.. what an we do? I know! let's apeal to thier patriotism and start awar against England for the Flaklands!"

you know... there weren't too much trained soldiers in Argentina that time... and they needed them in the country for controling the people... he drafted people like us then... every person of 18 to 35 that was on the street was taken to draft and shiped to falklands with not even knowing how to reload thier rifles... it's a mistery to me how they survived and took Puerto Argentino on Falklands... then Margaret Tacher send her army...
3 cuarters of our "soldiers" were massacred mercylessly and back home General Gualtiery was telling that we were kicking ass here...
you wanna know what's the worst part?

of the 678 soldiers that came back 451 commited suicide for thier mental traumas in the city of La Plata were I actualy live... and the rest can't find a fucking job...

People like Oestereld, like my family members, like those kids in the colleges... all died for fighting for thier belifes...

and all we have left is a comic book...

== TU ENEMIGO ETERNO ==

pineapple
PostPosted: Dec 19 2009 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Kable
PostPosted: Dec 19 2009 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

and we have assholes who laugh abaut atrocities like this... God have mercy on your soul...

== TU ENEMIGO ETERNO ==

pineapple
PostPosted: Dec 19 2009 05:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, you need to relax. It was a joke, I didn't even read it at first but it sounds like a pretty big tragedy. I'm sorry.
Kable
PostPosted: Dec 19 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

as I said before... I'm a tumour... I fuck around with everything but when I'm serious no one can laugh or I get upset and send a REhash virus to your computer...

it's okey... at least the comic book kicks ass...

== TU ENEMIGO ETERNO ==

Reply to topic

Jump to: