[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Shane McMahon Quits WWE.

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 07:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It is with great sadness that I announce my resignation from the WWE, effective January 1, 2010.

I have never even considered a future outside the walls of the WWE. However, sometimes life takes an unexpected turn and while it is the most difficult decision I have ever made, it is time for me to move on.

First and foremost, I would like to thank my father for the incredible education working with him has provided and for giving me the opportunity to play a role in building WWE into the global phenomenon that it is today. I am extremely proud to have been the 4th generation in this business, and I am grateful for everyday I was able to work along side not only my own, but the entire WWE family.

Thank you to all of the WWE Superstars both past and present for your passion, pride and dedication. You are truly the engine of the organization and it has been a pleasure to work with, learn from and get to know all of you. Thank you for the privilege of sharing the stage with you and for allowing me to become but a momentary member of your elite brotherhood. I have so much appreciation for the many sacrifices you endure, both physically and personally, to make this business the success that it is. The respect I have for each of you is immeasurable.

Finally, there are no words to express my gratitude to WWE fans the world over for supporting this company through good times and bad and for your unbridled passion that fuels the Superstars’ performances. I am profoundly grateful to have been able to entertain you both in front of the camera and from behind the scenes. You are the greatest fans in the world.

I will always love this business and will remain a fan forever.

Shane

Statement from WWE:

Quote:
STAMFORD, CT – Shane McMahon, Executive Vice President of Global Media, announced today he has tendered his resignation effective January 1, 2010.

Shane stated, "It has been an incredible experience to help build WWE® into a global phenomenon. However, having been associated with this organization for the majority of my life, I feel this is the opportune time in my career to pursue outside ventures."

"Even though I am personally saddened by Shane's decision to leave the company, I am proud of the enormous contributions he has made. He will unquestionably bring passion, commitment and extensive business experience to any endeavor he pursues," said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO.

Holy....freaking.....sh*t!
Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 07:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I read about that, I guess Stephanie is going to be the lone successor. Really sad too, since she's got more of her dad's mentality than Shane did. I guess Trips will have a lot more say in what goes on in the future.

This truly does suck, I was hoping that Shane and Steph would be 50/50 benefactors, so that either's shitty ideas could be overruled. Oh well, guess that means we won't be seeing Savage in the HOF anytime soon.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 09:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Changes like this don't happen unless a larger event occurred to make it necessary.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Shane never seemed interested in taking over the company when Vince is done, Steph and Hunter always seem to be the people who would take over when Vince retires(If that ever happens, he's a workaholic by nature.) or passes on.

And is that Savage/Steph rumor even true? I always figured Vince just disliked Savage naturally for going to WCW.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This doesn't surprise me at all. It was pretty clear that Stephanie was going to be the successor to the throne.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 02:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree on that Steph was the obvious heir, but I never guessed Shane would just up and quit. I mean, I doubt it will ultimately affect the product much, and frankly I wasn't a big fan of his on-screen presence, but its still a fairly seismic shift as these things go. He must have another opportunity lined up somewhere or something. (?)

Anyway, good luck to him.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 05:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ba'al wrote:
And is that Savage/Steph rumor even true? I always figured Vince just disliked Savage naturally for going to WCW.

Most likely the Savage/Steph think isn't true. When Savage left the WWF in 1994, Vince wished him well on RAW and called him a future Hall of Famer. So whatever happened, most likely happened after 1994.

Also, Savage left the WWF suddenly, and I think that's what Vince was pissed about. By 1993, Savage was being used as the RAW color commentator and was rarely allowed to wrestle. According to one account, Savage apparently had a handshake agreement to sign a new deal with Vince, but then he just stopped showing up for work and went to WCW where he was offered more money and the chance to wrestle and compete in the title chase. Supposedly, they were getting ready to shoot a month's worth of RAWs one day and Vince asked where Randy was, and someone told him to turn on WCW.

Another theory is that Vince feels that Randy screwed him over financially. In July of 1994, Vince was put on trial for allegedly providing his wrestlers with steroids. He was ultimately acquitted, but the fallout of the allegations hung over the company for the next few years. In the months following the trial, very few advertisers wanted anything to do with the WWF. In fact, the WWE's most lucrative and reliable advertising partner during this time was Slim Jims. When Savage left for WCW, so did Slim Jims. It has been suggested that the reason Vince wished Randy well instead of burying him on RAW was that he hoped to keep Slim Jims on board as an advertiser, and thus avoided attacking their spokesperson.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 07:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow... didn't see THIS happening.

I agree with GPF, something must have happened behind the scenes to make him quit. Something big enough to make break the camel's back and want him to have nothing more to do with the company.

Steph, also always made sense as the logical heir. She was much more involved since they first appeared on TV. With her and HHH at the helm, well, things don't look good for the WWE Sad

I think Shane would have run it much better.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Oct 18 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Ba'al wrote:

Most likely the Savage/Steph think isn't true. When Savage left the WWF in 1994, Vince wished him well on RAW and called him a future Hall of Famer. So whatever happened, most likely happened after 1994.

Also, Savage left the WWF suddenly, and I think that's what Vince was pissed about. By 1993, Savage was being used as the RAW color commentator and was rarely allowed to wrestle. According to one account, Savage apparently had a handshake agreement to sign a new deal with Vince, but then he just stopped showing up for work and went to WCW where he was offered more money and the chance to wrestle and compete in the title chase. Supposedly, they were getting ready to shoot a month's worth of RAWs one day and Vince asked where Randy was, and someone told him to turn on WCW.

Another theory is that Vince feels that Randy screwed him over financially. In July of 1994, Vince was put on trial for allegedly providing his wrestlers with steroids. He was ultimately acquitted, but the fallout of the allegations hung over the company for the next few years. In the months following the trial, very few advertisers wanted anything to do with the WWF. In fact, the WWE's most lucrative and reliable advertising partner during this time was Slim Jims. When Savage left for WCW, so did Slim Jims. It has been suggested that the reason Vince wished Randy well instead of burying him on RAW was that he hoped to keep Slim Jims on board as an advertiser, and thus avoided attacking their spokesperson.

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

Reply to topic

Jump to: