SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
ultimate fighter

Reply to topic
phantasmzombie
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, it is official now, Kimbo Slice will fight Houston Alexander at the Ultimate Fighter finale.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16688/report-houston-alexander-vs-kimbo-slice-set-for-catchweight-bout-at-tuf-10-finale.mma
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 02:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

phantasmzombie wrote:
Okay, it is official now, Kimbo Slice will fight Houston Alexander at the Ultimate Fighter finale.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16688/report-houston-alexander-vs-kimbo-slice-set-for-catchweight-bout-at-tuf-10-finale.mma

Honestly, I think Kimbo loses this fight, and loses badly. Neither guy has a ground game, but that will be irrelevant. But HA has some frightening KO power. In spite of his size, Kimbo hasn't really shown much ability to KO anyone who isn't a hobo living on the street. I predict HA will KO Kimbo in less than a minute.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 06:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am getting sick of hearing about kimbo slice.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You ain't the only one, brother.

If they are gonna try turn internet fad's into true fighting machines, I would love to see the "Numa Numa Guy" fight "Star Wars Kid."

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Or chuck norris, I mean at least he knows how to fight.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 09:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The O RLY owl and Rick Astley at UFC 112, brother.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 01:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

so, team rampage avoids the clean sheet. that was a quick arm bar by big baby.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Nov 09 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ice2SeeYou wrote:
phantasmzombie wrote:

Honestly, I think Kimbo loses this fight, and loses badly. Neither guy has a ground game, but that will be irrelevant. But HA has some frightening KO power. In spite of his size, Kimbo hasn't really shown much ability to KO anyone who isn't a hobo living on the street. I predict HA will KO Kimbo in less than a minute.

I wouldn't say that. You could tell Big Country didn't want to stand with him after a few good shots. When he fought Ray Mercer in that exhibition, his boxing looked pretty impressive. Even though I don't think Kimbo will be very successful against experienced grapplers, I think he will always at least have a puncher's chance. I also think he has a fair chance against other strikers. As far as the loss to Petruzelli goes, he got caught right on the button. I've seen him get hit harder than that. Seth was even being pressed back when it happened. But he got him right on the sweet spot.

I think he is somewhere between Tank Abbott and Cabbage Correira. I think he is a bigger draw than either of them have been, but due to the improved competition in the HW division, I'm not sure he will get many opportunities.

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Nov 18 2009 01:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
Ice2SeeYou wrote:
phantasmzombie wrote:

I wouldn't say that. You could tell Big Country didn't want to stand with him after a few good shots. When he fought Ray Mercer in that exhibition, his boxing looked pretty impressive. Even though I don't think Kimbo will be very successful against experienced grapplers, I think he will always at least have a puncher's chance. I also think he has a fair chance against other strikers. As far as the loss to Petruzelli goes, he got caught right on the button. I've seen him get hit harder than that. Seth was even being pressed back when it happened. But he got him right on the sweet spot.

I think he is somewhere between Tank Abbott and Cabbage Correira. I think he is a bigger draw than either of them have been, but due to the improved competition in the HW division, I'm not sure he will get many opportunities.

I don't think Nelson avoided standing because he feared Kimbo's striking. More likely it's the fact that he's a BJJ blackbelt, and knows Kimbo has no ground game. It's a no brainer for him to prefer to take that fight to the ground.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

scamrock
PostPosted: Nov 19 2009 05:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ice2SeeYou wrote:
scamrock wrote:
Ice2SeeYou wrote:
phantasmzombie wrote:

I don't think Nelson avoided standing because he feared Kimbo's striking. More likely it's the fact that he's a BJJ blackbelt, and knows Kimbo has no ground game. It's a no brainer for him to prefer to take that fight to the ground.

I agree with that to an extent. It was the logical thing to do. But he was trying to stand with him until he got caught with those big punches, then he immediately went for the takedown. Had he not, I think the outcome would have been different.

But I will tell you one thing, Roy Nelson is an outstanding grappler and BJJ fighter. Here is a video of him beating Frank Mir at Grapplers Quest. Unfortunately, I don't think he could ever beat Mir in MMA and I think Mir has superior BJJ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs
The embedding was disabled so I just posted the link.

Mr. Magog
Title: Swell Individual
PostPosted: Nov 19 2009 06:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
Ice2SeeYou wrote:
scamrock wrote:
Ice2SeeYou wrote:
phantasmzombie wrote:

I agree with that to an extent. It was the logical thing to do. But he was trying to stand with him until he got caught with those big punches, then he immediately went for the takedown. Had he not, I think the outcome would have been different.

But I will tell you one thing, Roy Nelson is an outstanding grappler and BJJ fighter. Here is a video of him beating Frank Mir at Grapplers Quest. Unfortunately, I don't think he could ever beat Mir in MMA and I think Mir has superior BJJ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs
The embedding was disabled so I just posted the link.

o.0

Looks like Roy got angry at some point after this video and devoured a small village.

"Airports, hospitals, McDonald's Playland, I don't care where it's taking place. If I'm having a good time, they will die."--sidewaydriver

scamrock
PostPosted: Nov 19 2009 07:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Magog wrote:
o.0

Looks like Roy got angry at some point after this video and devoured a small village.

Here is another one from Grapplers Quest with Roy against the future UFC lightweight champion Nod Diego Sanchez. I'm sure Roy weighs much less here and Diego weich much more. But the idea that Roy is a 260 pounder and that Diego fights at 155 makes it seem impressive Diego did as well as he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5FLZshRHCc

Mr. Magog
Title: Swell Individual
PostPosted: Nov 19 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:

Here is another one from Grapplers Quest with Roy against the future UFC lightweight champion Nod Diego Sanchez. I'm sure Roy weighs much less here and Diego weich much more. But the idea that Roy is a 260 pounder and that Diego fights at 155 makes it seem impressive Diego did as well as he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5FLZshRHCc

Hell, I'm 210 and there's a guy in my BJJ class that weighs 135 that I can't do anything with other than let him choke me out. It's all about skill. Diego is a beast.

"Airports, hospitals, McDonald's Playland, I don't care where it's taking place. If I'm having a good time, they will die."--sidewaydriver

scamrock
PostPosted: Dec 03 2009 05:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not a bad episode. Not what I was expecting at all. I was for sure it would be James and Marcus in the finale.
By the way Dana has been trashing Nelson in the media, I figured he was out.

scamrock
PostPosted: Dec 06 2009 02:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not really surprised at how the finale went down. Well, I was surprised by one outcome, but other than that...

Reply to topic

Jump to: