SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Thoughts on Retrogaming/Collecting in 2014

Reply to topic
Alowishus
PostPosted: Feb 10 2015 06:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Genesis one in the video functions the exact same as the SNES everdrive. It has the same user interface and everything. It's advisable to sort your games alphabetically.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Feb 12 2015 04:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a reputable site out there for valuing games? My grandpa died, and I got a lot of his SNES stuff. I kept what I could add to my collection, but there's a lot of dupes of games I currently own. Most of them have their boxes, too. I just don't know what something like a Donkey Kong Country with the box, manuals and instruction booklets goes for.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Feb 12 2015 07:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
Is there a reputable site out there for valuing games? My grandpa died, and I got a lot of his SNES stuff. I kept what I could add to my collection, but there's a lot of dupes of games I currently own. Most of them have their boxes, too. I just don't know what something like a Donkey Kong Country with the box, manuals and instruction booklets goes for.

Not really a good site for this. Do your research on what CIB games go for on eBay ect. and use that as a barometer. There is actually a site dedicated to the exact opposite, one to inform people of games going for lower than average prices, sorry don't recall the name of this website. I usually just impulse buy games, I am a collector and have no real interest in selling off my collection as opposed to buying some game and reselling for profit. I would however be interested in knowing what CIB games you are interested in getting rid of. If interested I would pay a fair price and would provide evidence with several links for what it is going for and take your word on there condition.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Feb 12 2015 07:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:

Not really a good site for this. Do your research on what CIB games go for on eBay ect. and use that as a barometer. There is actually a site dedicated to the exact opposite, one to inform people of games going for lower than average prices, sorry don't recall the name of this website. I usually just impulse buy games, I am a collector and have no real interest in selling off my collection as opposed to buying some game and reselling for profit. I would however be interested in knowing what CIB games you are interested in getting rid of. If interested I would pay a fair price and would provide evidence with several links for what it is going for and take your word on there condition.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Feb 12 2015 07:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Probable Muppet wrote:
Greg the White wrote:

Thanks, and maybe. I'm just in a state where I only want to have enough things to fit a pickup truck in case I need to pack up and go. Selling is not on the top of my list these days, as cleaning out my grandparents' place is becoming a nightmare. They're some of the '20s-born folks who grew up through the depression, so they saved literally everything they could, including thousands of pieces of small hardware that they didn't touch. The house is a wreck, as they didn't want any unfamiliar people in there to keep it in repair. (Aside: Do not start hoarding shit when you got older, it's just a ton of work for your family. Focus on keeping your home together in a livable, sellable state). I was just impressed, as most of the games are still CIB, and the boxes' edges aren't even frayed.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 12 2015 11:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Second that eBay is probably the best barometer as to what games go for. Amazon is absolutely not.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Feb 13 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got my good friend one of these for $20 bucks.

He basically had an NES that was wore totally out and wouldn't work even after taking it apart to clean the 72 pin connector.

While its not perfect it plays his old NES games fine and the design looks kinda like a Japanese Famicom. It also uses a Ricoh clone chip for hardware acceleration instead of doing emulation like alot of other stuff like the Retron 5 or that crappy @AtGames Sega Genesis clone.

I think its a good system to have just for the fact that you can use a real NES controller. Some of the later model all in one clones NES/SNES you have to use just the pack in.

It won't work with an EverDrive which is a downer. Basically its for people with a library of NES games but a non working system.

Bub
PostPosted: May 17 2015 09:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, love the site.

Signed up to let you know that there is actually a website for charting game prices. It isn't perfect, and it mostly does use ebay completed auctions, but it's about the best barometer I've found.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 17 2015 09:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bub wrote:
Hey guys, love the site.

Signed up to let you know that there is actually a website for charting game prices. It isn't perfect, and it mostly does use ebay completed auctions, but it's about the best barometer I've found.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

Thanks, used that site before. Also, Just dropped like 300 bucks on The Witcher 3 LE (plus 60 for the digital copy so i won't have to open it. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic

Jump to: