SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What games are you currently playing?

Reply to topic
Chrisby
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm mostly just getting gold flowers, going into various levels, and farming the fuck out of coins. But yeah I'm trying to take advantage of the rainbow levels too.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 02:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisby wrote:
I'm mostly just getting gold flowers, going into various levels, and farming the fuck out of coins. But yeah I'm trying to take advantage of the rainbow levels too.

This sentence brought to you by video games.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 04:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i only played stage 1 on NSMB2 as im trying to finish the special stages in 3D land first. but once thats done, im definitely going to go OCD and try to get the 1M coins.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 04:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What happens when you get a million coins?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

JRA
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 04:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Banjo-Tooie

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

username
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 04:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

you take over the world

Klimbatize wrote:

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:

[SPOILER:b8cd3f7e89]You get a congratulations and a new title screen.[/SPOILER:b8cd3f7e89]
Sad

username
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
sidewaydriver wrote:

[SPOILER:6227bff7a4]You get a congratulations and a new title screen.[/SPOILER:6227bff7a4]
Sad

sounds about right for a mario game

Klimbatize wrote:

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's like that emptiness I felt after collecting all 120 shines in Mario Sunshine. Wasted time I'll never get back.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HEY! You got a cool Hawaiian shirt when you got all the Shines!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't get a Hawaiin shirt, I just got a different picture after the credits. Where do you get the shirt?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You get it from the same guy who gives you sunglasses. Apparently you just need to beat Bowser to get it.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Chrisby
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the shirt and sunglasses. Sadly there wasn't much left to do after getting them besides harass Toadsworth, but at least then I could do it in style.

Greg the White wrote:
This sentence brought to you by video games.

Video games are my favorite video games.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 28 2012 05:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just popped the game in and got the shirt. I feel like I have closure now.

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Aug 29 2012 02:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oblivion, I haven't been able to stop playing for a while now

Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 29 2012 01:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Still on World of Tanks, but getting into Clan Wars. It plays out like Risk, where you can grab certain territories on an online map that grant you different bonuses. Instead of dice rolls, you play 15v15 multiplayer matches between clans for control of the land. It gets insanely strategic, where we actually draw up battle plans and practice them.

I'm trying to punch through Resistance 2 again. I gave up on it halfway through. I think I was just so disappointed because Resistance 1 was a blast, but 2 was trying to copy Call of Duty and Halo in so many ways. After playing through the fantastic third game, I figured I have to give 2 another try. I don't hate it as much, but it's still kind of not fun. It feels slower, only having two weapons sucks, and it feels like they made a great, semi-old-school shooter, and were told halfway through that it had to be as much like CoD as possible. Stuff like 2 weapons only, recharging health, linear levels, and crap controls just don't jive with some of the set-pieces, and even on easy or medium, some sections can be a pain in the ass.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 09:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Playing the newly released third episode of the Walking Dead game. Thing was so depressing, that's it's taken almost all joy out of the game for me. Killed off one of the few characters I actually cared about. Would've liked them to not die till episode four or five.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Playing the newly released third episode of the Walking Dead game. Thing was so depressing, that's it's taken almost all joy out of the game for me. Killed off one of the few characters I actually cared about. Would've liked them to not die till episode four or five.

Cattivo if you haven't finished it yet do not read this.
[SPOILER:f55500e044]Was it Carley? I was pissed when she got killed! I wanted to make Carley the waifu lol. The start of that episode was some fucking heavy shit. I dumped fucking Lilly out cause even though she turned out to be right she was unstable as fuck. The rest of the episode was pretty lax. I'm glad Duck got killed, he was annoying as fuck. Though Kaatja seemed a bit weird and out of nowhere. Like i understand she was sad about her son dying but it was fucking weird.

Also that new girl Christa: fucking hate her. She's just a smarmy bitch who basically just challenges everything you do. "Oh you're being irresponsible with Clementine". Fucking bitch, i've taken care of her for 3 episodes don't fucking tempt me.

Though i was like WHAT THE FUCKKKKK when Clemantine became zombified inside the RV and it was just a dream. I was like you sneaky dogs Telltale, playing with my emotions like that!

As for the next episode it's definitely interesting to see what happens with the radio but overall it didn't really seem too shocking and horrific as this one. Although the horror to come in episode 3 wasn't evident in the trailer for it so maybe i am wrong.
[/SPOILER:f55500e044]
Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:

Look the bright side: at least now you'll know better than to read the comics. Because it's basically 100 issues of that. Every soul sucking thing you can think of, a few you probably couldn't have, happens to these characters that you come to love. What's the point of investing anything in the series if there's never any reward from it?

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, good point Fighter.

Yeah, Alo, I finished it:
[SPOILER:884a4a422b]Yep, I was referring to Carley. Only character besides Lee or Clem that I actually cared about. I was fairly certain they were going to off her eventually, but I was really hoping it would have been later (was really hoping never, though). We hardly got any time with her in Episode 2 or 3. On top of that, her death was the result of a group conversation that I wanted Lee to end immediately because it was going no where good and could only end badly, witch-hunt style. Wanted Lee to do anything possible to stop Lilly in that convo. Also, the Carley/Doug death sort of takes away from the individualized experience of the game from your "choices." Although, it's impractical to make a game that accounts for every possible deviation...

Now, I only care about Lee & Clem. Lilly was always irrationally severe anyway, and kenny has always been unstable & selfish as fuck, only looking out for himself. No other characters seemed trustworthy. Mark did seem nice, if too much of a blabbermouth.

In my first two run throughs I did not leave Lilly at the side of the road, however. No one deserves that. Was hoping to leave her somewhere later where she would have a chance at survival/redemption, but she stole the RV. Once I finish my second run through, I'll start my third run through where I do whatever crazy thing I wouldn't do in my main games, like help kill Larry. In that run through I'll leave her for dead, heh.

Duck's death was a great, dramatic moment, and illustrated again why kenny can't be trusted. Jumps the gun on Larry because of the possible threat, but has a totally different attitude when the victim is part of his family. The Katjaa thing seemed a little suspicious, but I can't think of any other plausible scenario besides her offing herself. The weird thing is that it looked like a body shot, not a head shot. I kept waiting for Lee to shoot Kat in the head after I had him shoot Duck to prevent her from coming back, but I guess she got herself in the head, and landed on the side where she shot.

The new people are ok. Mixed bag there. I like that Omid is another history buff. They all pale compared to Carley, though. Lee should have just left that group a long time ago, was mostly full of people doing dangerous crap, risking everyone's safety....but the story would have been radically different that way...[/SPOILER:884a4a422b]
Greg the White
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 02:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Played through Spec Ops: The Line, and I don't want to be a human any more. I mean it's an amazing satire of modern shooters with mind-blowing and gut-wrenching story. It's probably the best war movie/game/book/anything in the past thirty years. I really want to see what Yager comes up with next.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Aug 31 2012 03:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Been playing the hell out of this Devil Survivor game on the 3DS. Haven't even really touched the other two games I bought yet, though I have been playing Diablo 3 off and on. Not really getting much use out of the 3D function though because it gives me a headache incredibly quickly.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Sep 01 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back to Skyrim after a long time of not playing. Started a new character a couple weeks ago, focusing on one handed and block instead of my normal sneak and archery combo. Now, I'm level 51 and a mix of both; I walk right up to enemies in dungeons and smash in their faces.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Sep 01 2012 05:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:
sidewaydriver wrote:

[SPOILER:acc052e2f7]You get a congratulations and a new title screen.[/SPOILER:acc052e2f7]
Sad

sounds about right for a mario game

I got a scented candle and a key to the city.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Alowishus
PostPosted: Oct 23 2012 06:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hint:
Reply to topic

Jump to: