SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
ELITE XC second TV show (results and thoughts)

Reply to topic
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 27 2008 05:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up watching this tonight, and I figured I'd share my thoughts on it.

Pre-Show matches.

Yeah, these weren't shown on TV, but I need to point out the EXC doesn't give a shit about it's heavyweight division. How do I know? Because Antonio Silva won the EX heavyweight title during the pre-show. For those who really want to know the results of the pre-show.

Drew Montgomery b Brandon Tarn (stoppage)

Carl Seumantafa b Mike Cook ((T)KO)

Wilson Reis b Bryan Caraway (decision)

Rafael Feijao b Travis Galbraith ((T)KO)

Antonio Silva b Justin Eilers (stoppage)

I just want to note that there was still blood in the ring from the Drew Montgomery vs Brandon Tarn and Antonio Silva vs Justin Eilers.

match one
Shayna Baszler vs. Cris Cyborg

I am really hopeing Cyborg is really her last name, because that would be all kinds of awesome. Anyways, Shayna gets a takedown early and tries to work the leg, but doesn't get very far. It is pretty back and forth with Cyborg getting in a lot of ground and pound while Shayna tries to work the leg. Then round two comes along and Cyborg starts to destroy Shayna. At one point, she thought she won and tried to jump out of the cage, but the referee never stopped the match. Gotta love those wacky Brazlinon. Anyways, the referee gets her off the cage and conitues the match. Cyborg pretty much dominates and gets the KO.

post match thoughts- at one point the acouncer mentioned Shayna making someone submit with an STF, which is all kinds of awesome. Also, Gina Carano vs Cris Cyborg is most likely going to happen.

match two
Jake Shields vs. Nick Thompson for Welterweight title

match is over in one minute and three seconds with Jake getting a takedown and full mount early, followed by a Gullotine for the submission.

post match thoughts- short, but pretty exciting

match three
Nick Diaz vs. Thomas "Wildman" Denny

Thomas starts off well enough, almost locking in a wrist lock, but ends up getting out punched. It goes to round two where Nick completely destroys Thomas.

post match thoughts- I don't see the point in naming a punching bag thomas

match four
Robbie Lawler vs Scott Smith for middleweight title

after these two's last match, I couldn't wait for this one. It was a great back and forth first round. Great striking from both men with some awesome kicks. Round two starts off well enough, but at one point Smith cuts Lawler's skull open, and seems to let up a little. this cost him as Lawler starts to beat his ass six ways from Sunday and picks up the win.

post match thoughts- match of the night for me, but still wasn't as good as their last fight.

Not a bad show, and I can't wait for Gina Carano vs Cris Cyborg. ELITE XC has some of the best women in MMA.

(I am pretty sure) post-show results

David Douglas b Marlon Mathias ((T)KO)

Anthony Ruiz b Jeromy Freitag (decision)
King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Jul 27 2008 02:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Way better then there first show, Lawler - Smith fight was great, wish they would have aired the heavyweight bout, all in all ok, still to me not as good as UFC, WEC, PRIDE (back in the day) or even some of the dream bouts. I do think they are learning, that making it a spectactle like they had in the past is foolish, and will turn off the hardcore fans, which is who supports you through thick and thin.

Gantrithor
Title: Big Sexy
PostPosted: Jul 28 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is it bad that I came into this topic expecting an MXC spin-off show? >_>
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jul 28 2008 01:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I did the same exact thing.

Reply to topic

Jump to: