"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Albert Pyun

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Sep 13 2006 01:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I bought "The Sword and the Sorcerer" for $5 and I was surprised to see Albert Pyun's name on this. Actually I wasn't that surprised, the film is pretty terrible.

But that forced me to look at his IMDB resume and got depressed at the number of films of his I've seen. I also read his bio which kissed his ass. It blamed the bad quality of his films to his producers (which is a valid argument).

I don't know how Pyun has a career. I was analyzing "Mean Guns" a few nights ago (before I knew he directed it), because the movie was so visually appalling I had to figure out what the director was thinking. I pointed out no less than three dozen poor decisions that the director made in the last hour of the film.

That's when it bugged me.This guy probably never went to film school (but apparently studied under Toshirô Mifune and Akira fucking Kurosawa) and he has nearly 40 films under his belt in just over 20 years! How does he do it?

Granted most people hate him and his films are terrible, but I seem to meet a lot of filmmakers who are twice as talented and have made only one film (last week's encounter with Paul Peditto).

This riddle of Pyun boggles my mind. I don't understand this guy.

Uwe Boll, you have a lot to live up to!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 13 2006 06:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see more of his movies get DVDs releases. Specifically, I'd like to see Brain Smasher end up in the Wal*Mart bargain bin because I'd really like to see it and I'd far too lazy to track down a used VHS copy of the movie. Besides, VHS sucks.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Sep 13 2006 08:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. VHS does suck.

Reply to topic

Jump to: