"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Games you attended Live

Reply to topic
SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: Jul 14 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So with alot of sports fanatics here, I'm sure you guys attended your share of games. Here's mine:

Virginia vs. NC State (Football - 11/18/00) - Two guys who were going with a friend of mine backed out, so he offered me and my brother tickets to go with him. Virginia won 24-17.

Virginia vs. Duke (Football - 9/29/01) - Rescheduled after the attacks of September 11th, the Cavaliers beat down Duke 31-10 at their annual homecoming game. Unfortunately, Virginia loses the next 5 in a row, and finishes the season at 5-7.

Virginia vs. South Carolina (Football - 9/7/02) - My friend calls me up the day before and tells me he's got a ticket for the game (His dad had season tickets). My first night game on ESPN, as the Cavs won 34-21, highlighted by an amazing Schaub-to-McMullen touchdown.

Virginia vs. North Carolina (10/19/02) - I mentioned this in an earlier thread. Virginia won 37-27 after facing a 21-0 deficit at halftime. One of their many comebacks that season.

Virginia vs. NC State (Football - 11/16/02) - My friend who invites me to the games got tickets from somebody who won a radio contest, so we got lucky to sit behind the NC State bench on the 50 yard line. Heckling Phillip Rivers and T.A. McClendon, we watch as the Cavaliers shut down the high powered Wolf Pack offense and won 14-9, earning them a bowl berth.

Virginia vs. Florida State (10/18/03) - Usually a beatdown by halftime, Virginia kept it close throughout the whole game. The deciding moment came late in the 4th quarter where Schaub had the ball snapped over his head and taking a big loss. UVa punts away and FSU runs out the clock to win 14-19.

Virginia vs. Georgia Tech (11/22/03) - After a disappointment against Maryland the previous week, Virginia redeems themselves by winning 29-17.

Virginia vs. North Carolina (9/11/04) - The debut of the Cavalier Marching Band. My first year of having season tickets with my friend. Cavs win 56-24.

Virginia vs. Syracuse (9/25/04) - Virginia dominates Syracuse, but not before losing Chris Canty to a season-ending knee injury. Cavs win 31-10.

Virginia vs. Clemson (10/7/04) - Thursday Night Football on ESPN. Virginia wins 30-10, setting up the showdown against Florida State the following weekend.

Virginia vs. Maryland (11/6/04) - Virginia wins 16-0, setting up another showdown with Miami the following weekend.

Virginia vs. Miami (11/13/04) - Miami visits Charlottesville for the first time. Scott Stadium sets a new attendance record, but Miami wins 31-21.

San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins (10/23/05) - Having learned nothing from the previous weeks of 49er football, I go to FedEx Field hoping for a good game. My friends that I went with had a good time; I did not. The 49ers lost 52-17. I left at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Washington Capitals vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (11/23/05) - My friend was working a truck route one morning when he was listening to the Elliot in the Morning show on DC 101. They had a giveaway that day, where if you called in, you won Caps tickets. He called in, and me, him, his girlfriend, and my brother went to the game and sat in a skybox with about 8 other fans. Caps blew a 3-1 lead, losing 4-3 in OT in the Shootout.

Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati (9/23/06) - My brother IM's me one day and asks me if I "would like to be a Hokie for a day". I am interested, so I go to my first Virginia Tech game. Hokies win 29-13. I sat in the party in the northern endzone.

Virginia Tech vs. Kent State (11/11/06) - A guy my brother knew who was attending Tech gave up tickets to the final two games, so I managed to snag them. You know a game is slow when people are chanting for "Washer Fluid" at halftime. Big moment occurs when Brandon Flowers lays out a Kent State receiver. Tech wins 23-0.

Virginia Tech vs. Virginia (11/25/06) - So who am I rooting for in this game? Virginia Tech, but I didn't put full effort into it. Tech wins 17-0. Bruce Smith was in attendance for senior day.

Chicago Bulls @ Washington Wizards (4/15/07) - My first NBA game. Bulls win big time, 101-68. I end up slightly irritating two kids near me when the Wizards hit a 3, prompting me to say "they're still losing".

Capitals vs. Thrashers (2/2/2008) - The first of four games I attend on the weekends as part of a "Six Pack" my brother bought. Caps lose 2-0. Verizon Center was a little over half full.

Capitals vs. Devils (2/24/2008) - Better turnout in attendance, as some fans from New Jersey make the trek to D.C.. A small "Let's Go Devils/Go Home Devils" chant ensues, but the Caps lose with 50 seconds left in OT by the score of 2-1.

Capitals vs. Leafs (3/1/2008) - Ovechkin breaks out of his goal scoring funk, but it's not enough as the Caps lose 3-2. Decent turnout this time, especially with some noisy Leafs fans.

Capitals vs. Penguins (3/9/2008) - NBC's Game of the Week. Very loud game as Pens fans invade the Verizon Center. I hear the "whoop whoop" chants for Sergei Gonchar for the first time, and a pretty fun "Let's Go Penguins/Penguins Suck!" chant erupts for a couple minutes in the 2nd period. Another highlight was some Penguins fan wearing a Jagr jersey, taping the word "OFF" to it, making it a "Jagoff" jersey. Unfortunately, the idiot Pens fans get the last laugh, as rookie Nick Backstrom knocks the puck in his own goal with 28 seconds to go in the 3rd period. Caps lose 4-2.

Capitals vs. Panthers (4/5/2008) - With Carolina losing to Florida the previous night, all the Caps needed to do was win, and the division is theirs. I finally see my first win in person. Caps fans indeed did "Rock The Red", as people wore just about anything involving the color red. One of the loudest games I've been to, as of that moment. Last few minutes of the game, Caps fans are standing, clapping, cheering, chanting "MVP!" for Ovechkin until the final countdown. Caps win 3-1.

Capitals vs. Flyers (Game 5 - 4/19/2008) - Down 3-1 in the series, the Caps turn things around and win 3-2, sending the series back to Philly for Game 6. The loudest hockey game I ever been to. After the game, Caps fans are celebrating in the streets, random high-fives are given out (I got one), and two Philly fans get into it with a motorbike cop.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jul 14 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's no way I can list all the games I've been to live, but it spans high school, college, minor leagues, pro leagues, alternative pro leagues, and everything in between for baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and lacrosse.

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Jul 14 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing to amazing. I've been to a a few Chiefs games, a bunch of Royals games, and until this season, every Brigade game. I've actually been to more wrestling than games. I've been to a couple of PPVs.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jul 14 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I went to a saints 49ers game in new orleans a while back, fun stuff

Tsunami Red
Title: Maniacal Tactician
PostPosted: Jul 14 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Two Jays games - surprisingly, baseball is actually tolerable when you're at the game live.

I've been wanting to go to a Leafs game for years, but as all Canadian hockey fans know, the corporate swines who run the organization make it impossible to get decent tickets....if they haven't been sold out to evil syndicate organizations already. Fuck 'em.

"So I say live and let live. That's my motto. Live and let live. Anyone who can't go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It's a simple philosophy, but it's always worked in our family." - George Carlin

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Jul 15 2008 04:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am saddened to admit that I have never been to a game outside of a Chilliwack Chiefs/Bruins hockey game or two. My mom's first Canucks game was Game 1 of the 06/07 playoffs that went into like 3 overtimes, with the Canucks eventually taking it.

My buddy got to see Trevor Linden score his last two goals ever. My mom went to so many games in two seasons, and never brought me once because I hadn't 'proven' myself as a fan. Now I'll never get to see Trevor Linden play ever, and Naslund and Morrison are no longer Canucks.

Bullshit.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Burt Reynolds
Title: Bentley Bear
PostPosted: Jul 15 2008 05:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I went to the Dodgers game in shit, I think 05? where Steve Finley hit a walk off home run to clench the division for the Dodgers. This year I got a great deal on seats and caught a foul ball by the first base line.

I also went to NY, basically to hang out and watch a Jersey Devils game. My aunt worked for Continental Airlines, so we had the hook-up on cheap plane tickets. I miss those days Sad

Dances with Wolves 2 is gonna ROCK!

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 15 2008 04:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

let me see.

i been to several boxing events (roy jones jr vs someone about 4 years ago i think)
morales v barrera II + III
julio cesar chavez v kostya zyu (?)
some cage fighting a while ago
some amateur boxing 6 years ago

a lot of dodger games when i was a kid growing up in LA.
dream team vs china
lakers vs suns several times
midnight madness at the U of AZ when they introduce the college basketball teams

im sure there are others but i cant recall them right now

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

scamrock
PostPosted: Jul 15 2008 04:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty neat that you got to see Roy Jones. I've been to countless amateur boxing matches. More than I can remember. But I've never even been to one pro fight. I've always wanted to. But I would think that it, as well as MMA, would be better to watch on television.

At first, when I started going to professional wrestling events, it was awesome to see the guys in person, but hard to get used to. You're used to all of the commentary stuff. When you'r there, its just quiet aside from the crowd. So there is really little noise until somebody get slammed or something gets a big pop from the crowd. But the more I've been to them, the more I enjoy them. Now, I'd rather see it live than on tv.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Jul 16 2008 02:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

A Mets game. around last year.

Fuck, I forgot who they were playing.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

scamrock
PostPosted: Jul 16 2008 03:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got to see Jose Canseco twice. Once when he played for Oakland and once when he played for Texas. He hit a homer in both of those games.

Reply to topic

Jump to: