[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
fuck barry bonds

Reply to topic
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 08 2008 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Here's a look at that beautiful $752,467 record-breaking baseball hit by Barry Bonds that Marc Ecko purchased.

As we reported yesterday, Ecko branded it with an asterisk to teach Bonds a lesson for using steroids or something?

Anyway, it is now at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY with all its warranted and bizarre glory.

San Diego Union Tribune: Ball Arrives, July 2, 2008

http://www.wallstreetfighter.com/2008/07/barrys-ruined-ball-arrives-at-hall-of.html

im not a big fan of ecko (although his spiderman shirts are pretty cool) but my respect for the guy has gone up. mostly because i hate barry bonds

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Jul 08 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bonds is a jackass. I'll be the first to admit it. But he has had an amazing career and will go down as one of the best ever, steroids or not.

But personally, I think this asterisk bullshit is way overrated. So you have to put an asterisk by his name. Then you have to put one by Clemens. Then because of all the speculation, of all the steroid use of that era, you have to put one by the whole era. But what about other ways to cheat? Pine tar (not that it really does anything, corked bats, sandpaper, greenies, suspicious actions that may be the result of betting on games, etc. You'll have to put an asterisk by all of baseball. Then you'll have to look at all the other sports. Lots of cheating going on there too. Eventually, you are just going to see this:

SPORTS *

Then you might as well not even have the damn asterisk. At any rate, I know the dipshit was just trying to make a statement by branding it on the ball. But as far as people actually wanting asterisks in the record books, or Bonds' records removed, its a little extreme when you consider that there are probably a lot of records that were achieved by people with an "unfair advantage". Hell, there is even alleged, as well as self professed cheaters in the HOF.

Besides, everybody knows A-rod will have the record eventually anyhow. Then this Bonds crap will be a non-issue.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 09 2008 05:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i agree w/what you say, but i mostly hate barry bonds cause im a dodger fan. kind of goes w/the territory.

i also have to say that ken griffey jr. is a badass and he definitely never used steroids, otherwise he wouldnt be hurt so often

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

scamrock
PostPosted: Jul 09 2008 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
i agree w/what you say, but i mostly hate barry bonds cause im a dodger fan. kind of goes w/the territory.

i also have to say that ken griffey jr. is a badass and he definitely never used steroids, otherwise he wouldnt be hurt so often

I'm a diehard KC Royals fan. But Griffey Jr. may be my favorite player ever.

homefry25
Title: Jumpin' Johnny
PostPosted: Jul 11 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bonds has always ben a P.O.U.G.(Piece of useless garbage) He was good at baseball but he has always been horrible for the sport. He has always been cocky and the way he handled himself on the field sometimes was just not professional. Who cares, right? But he played for San Fran for a time, and the Cubs are in that division. The Cubs are my boyz

WTF Haley Barbour??! Don't you know your state is a fucking 3rd world country?

mtgrnwdstar
Title: The guy from Chicago
PostPosted: Jul 11 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

homefry25 wrote:
Bonds has always ben a P.O.U.G.(Piece of useless garbage) He was good at baseball but he has always been horrible for the sport. He has always been cocky and the way he handled himself on the field sometimes was just not professional. Who cares, right? But he played for San Fran for a time, and the Cubs are in that division. The Cubs are my boyz

Cubs = NL Central

Giants = NL West

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Wait...I think you meant Pittsburgh.
scamrock
PostPosted: Jul 12 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

A funny story I heard about Bonds. He violated the team rules. Rather than kicking him off (because frankly, they needed him), the coach left it up to his teammates to decide whether or not they wanted him to come back. The team voted for him not to return to the team. But the coach, knowing they needed his talent, convinced them to change their minds.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to this or how much it has been exaggerated. But I heard it from someone that had something to do with that team on sportstalk radio.

homefry25
Title: Jumpin' Johnny
PostPosted: Jul 12 2008 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

mtgrnwdstar wrote:
homefry25 wrote:

Cubs = NL Central

Giants = NL West

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Wait...I think you meant Pittsburgh.

At least I got my team right. hah I was pretty wasted when I posted this, but for some reason I was thinking they were in the same division. Might have been thinking Pittsburgh, or maybe Houston...No telling.

WTF Haley Barbour??! Don't you know your state is a fucking 3rd world country?

Reply to topic

Jump to: