"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Vans Warped Tour

Reply to topic
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Jul 02 2006 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I spent yesterday at the warped tour and I had an unbelievable time! If you're not familiar with it, this is the website where you can find the lineup and other info: http://www.warpedtour.com

and this is a link that has accounts of the Dallas show I went to (check dates 2nd, or 1st), with pics:
http://www.warpedtour.com/blog/channel/2

Just so you know, this is all general admission, so anyone has a chance to get a 'good seat'.

To start off, I only wanted to see a handful of the bands there. Most of them I had never heard of, so I was hoping to discover something new to enjoy (which I did! The best being reggae & ska band, Catch 22, who put on a fantastic show despite the fact they didn't get to perform on a mainstage). Seeing The Bouncing Souls was what I was looking forward to more than anything.

When they played, I was front and center, the very very front! The 'Souls played an excellent show and I could see anything and everything. The lead singer, Greg Attonito, kept getting into the crowd up there and interacting with all of us. I got some awesome pics of this show, see below.

A while later, my brother wanted to go to The Bouncing Souls's booth and check out their stuff, and lo and behold! Greg and bassist, Bryan, were there chilling out. It wasn't a signing or anything, so there were no long-ass lines. My bro and I got to chat with the guys, I got my BS shirt signed and my bro got his BS deck signed.

That's really only a small slice of the Warped pie. There's just way too much to tell, I would need a seperate website to explain it all, and I won't go on because I know this is probably boring the pants off people who aren't into this type of music.

Has anyone else been/ want to go to this tour this year, or in years past?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 03 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, I've never made it a Warped Tour. I want to, but it's judt never happened.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
PostPosted: Jul 09 2006 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to post some photos.

Bryan of The Bouncing Souls

Greg of The Bouncing Souls-
He was really getting up into the crowd and I got a lot of cool shots... Well, as cool as you can get with a disposable Fujifilm.

Less Than Jake

LTJ (again)

A lot of the pictures were blurry, or just not so good. It's pretty hard to take photos when you're being bashed all over the place, afterall.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 14 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SamanthaMcPoopenstein wrote:
A lot of the pictures were blurry, or just not so good. It's pretty hard to take photos when you're being bashed all over the place, afterall.

Yeah, that's pretty impressive that you were able to get pictures that came out good. Or any at all, actually. Most venues I go to don't allow cameras.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 12 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I went last week and loved it. it was mty first concert ever.

were yo uthere wqhen LtJ threw the toaster?

SamanthaMcPoopenstein
PostPosted: Aug 15 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
I went last week and loved it. it was mty first concert ever.

were yo uthere wqhen LtJ threw the toaster?

There wasn't any toaster tossing at this show, but now I wish there was. LtJ had a shirt launching gun though. (Didn't catch one)

Did The Germs show up at your city's tour? I was a little bummed out they didn't come along to the one I saw.
RandomFarthead™
Title: Billy Buttfarter™
PostPosted: Aug 20 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Catch 22 is fucking awesome live.

And all their album shit is good too.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 27 2006 02:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

no germs, and I was pissed that zebrahead cancelled too.

LtJ made the entire crowd sit down and then do the wave. it was an amazing sight.

Reply to topic

Jump to: