"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Burning a CD. Help?

Reply to topic
PRIVATE
Title: I'll think of something
PostPosted: Jul 22 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rarely before have I ever listened to lyrics of a song. Thanks to meh pappi here, I have been introduced to one of my favorite songs of all time... Lola by The Kinks.

First time I heard it when my Dad tried to recomend it to me, I thought it was alright... alright.

A week later, I heard him singing the strange lyrics and knew that a revisit had to be made here.

Listening to the song wide eyed, I decided this song rocked.

If I'm not mistaken, the story is essentially a guy who goes to the bar, possibly gets a bit tipsy ("-sipping champeigne that tastes an awfully a lot like cherry cooola! C-O--L-A- Cooola!) meets a women, goes to her place and finds that she's a he.

The rythum is freaking catchy and I find myself in the restroom out of no where singing "Looola! L-O--L-A Looola!" Of course then, mom would come knocking on the door asking what I was doing, meaning that I had to put up the lotion and rag but...

I'm burning a CD soon. I can't stand to listen to the radio anymore. (My ears bleed when someone even mentions the band 'Seether') I've listened to the same songs for so long in an average fifteen minute-loop of a schedule that my radio stations have, I've grown sick of them. Of course, I can still trust the classical music station but that's not going to cut it on the road-trips. (which are quite fequent)

Any suggestions? I'll take them with enthusiamism.

Steak-steak chocolate cake.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jul 22 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

PRIVATE wrote:
Any suggestions? I'll take them with enthusiamism.

Just so I'm clear, you're asking for random recommendations for a mix CD?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 25 2006 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

The lyrics in the original version of the song were "Coca Cola" instead of "Cherry Cola". I forget why it was changed though.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jul 25 2006 09:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
The lyrics in the original version of the song were "Coca Cola" instead of "Cherry Cola". I forget why it was changed though.

Probably because "Coca Cola" is a registered trademark, whereas "Cherry Cola" is not.
Reply to topic

Jump to: