SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Bomberman, What have they done to you???!!!

Reply to topic
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I looked at the scans for Bomberman: Act Zero for the Xbox 360 and I shed a tear. Cause I was truly horrified.
Apparently some Idiot at Hudson Soft thought it was OK to change this:

into this!!

is A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

I hate when people destroy all of your and my childhood memories. First Nickelodeon (the suck ass network it is today), The horrible Aeon Flux movie, now this new crackhead Bomberman?

It looks BUTT FUCKING UGLY!! AND there's some FPS mode in it.....
This game is beyond horrible. Hopefully, it is a prequel, and at the end, the "dark and gritty" hellhole of this land will turn into the cartoony bomberman land we all know and love.....
Otherwise this game is a PIECE OF SHIT!

Last word, ANYONE who enjoyed the original Bomberman games will HATE this.

Hudson Soft, Chop this guy's head off who directs this shit. Being shitty just isn't enough for the Xbox. But they just had to to this. And what i said was an extension of what Syd said about this Game Travesty.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, this is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what they were thinking. Retrogaming exists on the XBox 360, my friend downloaded Gauntlet and a few other games for it. Microsoft has tried to set its XBox systems apart as a system for "mature" gamers. And as a result, game developers apparently feel pressured to make "mature" games. Personally, I don't see the appeal. Who the hell wants a system where every game is an FPS, war sim, or GTA rip-off? I enjoy those genres, but every now and then I like to place a game that isn't rendered in 1500 different shades of green, gray, black, and blue. Sometimes I want to play something like Super Mario Sunshine or Super Monkey Ball 2. XBox doesn't have that and XBox apparently doesn't want to have that. The XBox simply isn't interested in catering to all walks of gamers the way Sony and Nintendo consoles are.

And damn Hudson for screwing with Bomber Man. What's next, Vin Diesel as Master Higgins in an Adventure Island FPS?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Feb 24 2006 08:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The new one looks more like a terrorist than a plush toy.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
PostPosted: Feb 25 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

They need to have more games like Bomberman 64. It's one of my top 10 favorite Bomberman games. It had great gameplay, great challenge, a nice storyline, epic bosses, and nice music. I still find myself playing Bomberman 64 to this day on my N64 emulator...

There will be more DS games that will more than likely retain the original Bomberman style.. and will probably be in full 3d.

Bomberman Online, And Bomberman Story for the DS, Both using Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection.

After the failure of Bomberman: Act Zero, they will fuck up and fire the guy who created that..... thing!!

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 25 2006 07:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't Bomberman Story the one where you shout "BOMB" into the mic to detonate your bombs? And yes the new design is atrocious. It looks like a poor man's Chozo Suit to me.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 25 2006 07:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is what Bomberman looked like on the cover the NES box (and retro GBA release):

It's like Hudson Soft took that design and made it 10 times worse.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Feb 25 2006 07:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ye Gods! I forgot all about that psuedo-Samus suit! Maybe they're trying to retcon the bodytype or something. Who knows?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Feb 25 2006 03:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
PostPosted: Mar 02 2006 09:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

I did'n like the fat Bomberman either.
Here is the cartridge for Bomberman 2 for the Famicom.

But I would rather see the "fat" or the original 1987's US version) Bomberman.

instead of THAT one if there not using today's good looking Bomberman...

EDIT: My fault. That other thing you see in there is the even more horrible 1985 Famicom Bomberman. He looks like a robot dinosaur or something. DICE, but even more horrible.

And another thing:
The original guy(the 1987 Bomberman we got) was taken from this game:
It was released in the US as the game RoboWarrior in 1989.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 25 2006 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I know how you feel after embrasing the bliss that was Bomberman N64 to the gbc what if of Bomberman Quest. They even did the Spiderman toon.

Personally besides all the other videogame ideas and revivals I had in mine if I could I would bring back Bomberking and turn it into a Bomberking N64 revival.
Bomberman would have a messed up face like Mercy in Cyborg 2 and would live in one of those places you would see in a sex film that is white and who else would be living with him non other then pretty Bomber.

Yes Hudson Soft raped our hero and he is dubbed gimp bomber the man with iron hand along with dominatrix bomber the bomber woman with a taste for heavy leather.

Quote:
Where has our hero be taken to?

He is not some box pulling bomb ombs from his backside. He is on the X-box pulling bomb ombs from his crotch.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 04:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Bomberman wrote:
I looked at the scans for Bomberman: Act Zero for the Xbox 360 and I shed a tear. Cause I was truly horrified.
Apparently some Idiot at Hudson Soft thought it was OK to change this:

into this!!

is A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

I hate when people destroy all of your and my childhood memories. First Nickelodeon (the suck ass network it is today), The horrible Aeon Flux movie, now this new crackhead Bomberman?

It looks BUTT FUCKING UGLY!! AND there's some FPS mode in it.....
This game is beyond horrible. Hopefully, it is a prequel, and at the end, the "dark and gritty" hellhole of this land will turn into the cartoony bomberman land we all know and love.....
Otherwise this game is a PIECE OF SHIT!

Last word, ANYONE who enjoyed the original Bomberman games will HATE this.

Hudson Soft, Chop this guy's head off who directs this shit. Being shitty just isn't enough for the Xbox. But they just had to to this. And what i said was an extension of what Syd said about this Game Travesty.

good sir, we don't know much of anyhting about this game yet. it might actualyl be fun, even if it shouldn't be called bomberman.

let's not be that guy.

hell, if you look at the original bomberman art (the NES game) it was supposed to be something serious, It's jsut very hard to go with an art style liek this on 8 bit systems, so they use a super deforemed style in their sprites. eventualyl hudson just decided that the series should be cutesy.

same thing with megaman. originally he was jsut some dude in a funky ass costume with a gat, then eventually they made him what he is today.

Reply to topic

Jump to: