SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Cyan vs Sturm

Reply to topic
Poll :: Which moustached warrior is cooler?

Cyan Garamond
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Sturm Brightblade
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 09 2006 01:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cyan Garamond, in the tradition of his family, was raised as a master swordsman, military leader and loyal retainer to the noble house of Doma. He served his liege faithfully, and raised his son to someday take his place. His world was destroyed when the Imperial army, lead by Kefka, poisoned the river that fed Doma castle. Around him, his friends, family and lord all died.
Cyan went mad with grief and charged the imperial camp. A chance encounter with Sabin Figaro and Shadow saved him from the empire's retribution. After calming down and hearing their story, Cyan agreed to travel with them to fight the empire.

Sturm embodies all of the ideas of the knighthood as few others have. He lives by a strict code of honor. "Est Sularus oth Mithas" "My honor is life" He is a skilled fighter, and though stern, he cares for his friends, and helps them in times of trouble.
"'I am a knight of Solamnia,' Sturm said. 'My word is my honor and my honor is my life. I gave my word, back in the Inn, that I would protect you and your lady. If you choose to dispute my word, you dispute my honor and therefore you insult me. I can not allow that insult to remain between us.'"

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: May 09 2006 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I go with Cyan, simply for his Swordtech skills.
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 01:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Where is Strum from again. I want to say Cyan for his Micheal Jackson Sword Play but where is Strum from again? I will just say Cyan.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 09 2006 03:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sturm is from the Dragonlance Chronicles.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 04:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

From the web search I get the idea that by looking at Dragon lance you get some idea of FinalFantasy but Dragonlance is still anothe D&D board game/Comic/Novel/etc and man that artwork is magnificent but the world is still too Greekish Romananian when man was fighting Dinosaur era.

I have yet to see something that have turned me off. Still I go with Cyan since Sturm is just a regular Knight like the one that gaurds the gate and by that I am a Knight of Honor Sturm is as eqaul to one the Knights in Final Fantasy who is blindly loyal or the Knights that all died in the end of the Aidyn Chronicles defending the castle.

Cyan is like this knight that will never stop and just keeps going plus he is more Samurai warrior like then Knight who is forever loyal to just that kindom. Cyan would look the other way likt the Knight in FFIV.

Speaking of people who died in Aidyn Chronicles defending the castle I would rather be Cyan then be one of them. I mean I go in one door and say hI then come back out and return to find Sr. Spinal column on the wall somewhere.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: May 10 2006 03:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sturm wins.

Say no to Final Faggotry.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: May 10 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, Cyan. It'd be sin to choose otherwise since FFVI is one of my favorite games. I didn't use him much, but his dream sequence was neat.

By the way, it looks like he's holding a lollipop in his picture. I didn't know Cyan liked candy.

RIP Hacker.

Jo_thepirate
Title: the Great Bob
PostPosted: May 10 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sturm...

DL > FF
Reply to topic

Jump to: