SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
There's a new Cannibal Corpse Album out!

Reply to topic
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 01 2012 07:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's OK. Anyone follow this band?

Blackout
PostPosted: Apr 16 2012 08:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can we move this to the loud noises forum? Razz

Rake
Title: Guitarrorist
PostPosted: May 07 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Its Pretty much Kill - Part III, but thats what you've got to expect from the Corpse now. You get 2 to 3 albums off the same menu so to speak, with slightly different flavours, and then there's a period of slight re-invention. I think Evisceration Plague has been thier strongest release in the past decade, but Torture is by no means a bad album.

If I pull my finger out of my ass, I'll get some tickets for the October gig this year - Its only 60 bucks!

Top 3 bands of the week

Blackout
PostPosted: May 13 2012 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I see what you're getting at totally, but I feel that Gore Obessed, The Wretched Spawn, Kill, and Evisceration Plague were all weaker than Torture. Honestly in my opinion Toture is the best album since Bloodthirst, which was the last great one after Gallery Of Suicide (which I feel was the most out there and original, the least cookie cutter).

Torture has a lot of tracks that sound um, more original I guess? A lot of stuff on Evisceration and Kill all runs together for me, but the stuff on Torture is identifiable and memorable, and I like the songs that seem to be a throwback to the classic styles from Butchered At Birth, Tomb of The Mutilated, and The Bleeding.

I suspect that retro sound is Barret's doing now that he's back in the band. It kind of breaks up the litany of FAST FAST FAST OMG FASTER REALLLLLLLY LONG SCREAM FAST FAST FAST WHOA EVEN FASTER songs they've been cranking out for a while now.

I'll give them this, the lyrics they all collaborate on are more inventive that what Barns was doing, as much as I love his voice I felt he got stuck in this rut of murder rape murder rape SURPRISE PICKAX NONSENSICAL RAVING!

Seems like they've broadened their storytelling scope, at least as much as you can given the limited subject matter. Barnes's lyrics seemed like they were the disjointed inner monologue of a crazy killer, the new lyrics seem to be telling a more coherent story, albeit a bloody and deranged one. Does that make sense or am I talking out my ass?

I mean with the new stuff I can tell what is supposed to be going on in the "story", but with Barnes it was always confusing, are you a murderer? A Zombie? Some sort of Monster? Why are you ejaculating blood, how does that work?

Also they kick ass live.

*edit wow 60 buck?! I remember seeing them for like 20 and some change in Seattle during the Bloodthirst / Gallery Of Suicide days, back when you could still catch them in a small club instead of one of those doofy outdoorsy metal fests they seem to have a billion of now.

Mick Bynes
Title: The Death Metal God
PostPosted: Dec 06 2012 03:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cannibal Corpse is one of my favorite bands of all-time. Torture rules! I feel it is one of the best records they have released. Actually you can't go wrong with any of them, they're all amazing.

Reply to topic

Jump to: