SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Cloud Atlas

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 02 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hadn't heard anything about this until today, it looks really fucking cool. I was surprised.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 03:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

i saw the trailer for this while waiting for Looper to start, and i was impressed, but not enough to say it looks fucking cool. i need to read more on it or see more to gauge whether i will even watch it or not

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 08:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

well, I'm intrigued.
Vert1
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 02:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Movie has time travelling gay sex in it and people sing kumbaya. Not interested.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 03:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vert1 wrote:
Movie has time travelling gay sex in it and people sing kumbaya. Not interested.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 04:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saw it today. Did everything in its power to hold my attention and succeeded.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think I've seen enough of Vert's movie reviews on here to be rewarded for going against them every time. Atlas is on my to-watch list at some point.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Vert1
PostPosted: Nov 04 2012 01:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was interested in this movie because it looked so strange and I read it cost a lot of money and then bombed. So I was actually seriously thinking of going to see it for $5 on a weekday. But I made the decision to actually read up on the movie on imdb (I always avoid doing this as I like going in to watching movies "blind") and after reading more about it I've been pretty put off.

I compiled my movie reviews I posted on sydlexia. Here is what lordsathien disagrees with every time:

[SPOILER:95517aacd9]On Drag Me To Hell - "Drag Me To Hell was horrible. It did have one hysterical moment though."

On Alice - "Alice. Very entertaining with a bunch of weird things happening. 5/5."

On Cabin in the Woods - "Watched it yesterday. Must see!! "

"Battle Royale ... Must watch." "...amazing movie that will never be replicated by America or anywhere else"

On Battle Royale 2 - "This movie is indeed hard to watch. However, this movie contains a moment that simply put is THE END OF COMEDY. I have been damned to see something so absurd, so hilarious early in my life. For now there is nowhere to go but downwards. The Japanese have always had strangeness, but [Westerners] are now without any hope in being able to respond with something against [the Japanese] with that that was put in BR2."

On Hunger Games - "Hunger Games... not be good."

On two movies similar to Taken - "There's this gorgeous French movie that isn't anywhere near as good as The Man From Nowhere but has an actor that looks like Liam Nelson lol: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884335/ "

On Star Wars - "Star Wars did not need anymore movies after 3. "

On The Dark Knight Rises - "This movie sucked dick. Bane is not able to be convincing with camera cutaway implied violence. It ruins the brutality of his character. That and the disagreeable choice of a voice they gave him. Also, having characters explain their life stories is fucking amateurish. (Film should "Show, don't tell".) The fighting choreography is typical quick camera shot cuts slop. Movie should have never been made.

Only Anne Hathaway was good.

2/5 "[/SPOILER:95517aacd9]

I've never bothered to show people my top 10 movie list so you can pass off judgment of my taste. I think I will this week.

edit: I posted my top 10 movie list.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 04 2012 01:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Vert1 wrote:
I was interested in this movie because it looked so strange and I read it cost a lot of money and then bombed. So I was actually seriously thinking of going to see it for $5 on a weekday. But I made the decision to actually read up on the movie on imdb (I always avoid doing this as I like going in to watching movies "blind") and after reading more about it I've been pretty put off.

Wow, so you haven't even seen it? I didn't think I could hate your opinion any more than I already do, but I can see I was wrong.

Vert1
PostPosted: Nov 04 2012 01:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

I never wrote or implied I saw it. I wrote I wasn't interested in it.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Dec 02 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I saw it at the theatres and it bored me pretty hard. I'm too hot and too tired to go into this post deeper but the whole movie is just too long and in this very long timespan not much happens. But it had some qualitys, so i won't say its like awful or anything.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: