"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
World War Z

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 14 2012 05:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thoughts on the trailer? I find it a little strange that they're choosing to make the zombies CG rather than dressing up real people, but I loved the book so my hopes are high.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Nov 14 2012 05:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The way the zombies move in "fluidic" or "wave" form is pretty weird, but I'm still interested in the film. They're like Dawn of the Dead Remake zombies on cocaine. I prefer the slow moving, Romero zombies, regardless.
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Nov 14 2012 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This movie is going to have to be a rental for me, preferably someone else renting it when I happen to be there. I read the book, this seems nothing like what I remember from it. Not sure what is going on with the zombies at all. This is why I generally avoid movies that are based on books, they never seem right to me.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 14 2012 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I mean it could be cool but it bares almost no resemblance to it's source material. These things are running faster than Flo-Jo and they are described in the book as "slow and lumbering" so that's a pretty big strike against it. These are ZOOMbies, not Zombies.

Zombies aside ,World War Z told the story of ordinary people .It was a losing battle because they were unprepared for this happening. But eventually, ordinary people were able to band together and ultimately defeat the zombies with logic and after examining the zombies and our own weaknesses and strengths.

This trailer suggests that the movie is about an exceptional person who will save humanity due to his connections and elite abilities.

Basically, it probably the resembles the book only in name.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Nov 14 2012 06:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, zoombies. Awesome.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Nov 14 2012 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know nothing about this World War Z. I didn't even know it existed in their film or book. The film may be okay but the trailer is poorly put together. In fact it may be the worst trailer i've ever seen.

Brad Pitt jumps off the building towards the helicopter. Oh my god, i wonder what's going to happen thinks I. I can't wait to see the film to find out.

Immediately cuts to him sitting in the helicopter for like two frames. What the fuck?

Also that cop shouting at him made zero sense.

Who the fuck made this?!
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Nov 14 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Yeah, I mean it could be cool but it bares almost no resemblance to it's source material. These things are running faster than Flo-Jo and they are described in the book as "slow and lumbering" so that's a pretty big strike against it. These are ZOOMbies, not Zombies.

Zombies aside ,World War Z told the story of ordinary people .It was a losing battle because they were unprepared for this happening. But eventually, ordinary people were able to band together and ultimately defeat the zombies with logic and after examining the zombies and our own weaknesses and strengths.

This trailer suggests that the movie is about an exceptional person who will save humanity due to his connections and elite abilities.

Basically, it probably the resembles the book only in name.

Yeah that pretty much sums up this movie based on that trailer.

I think what made the book so interesting was that it covered a bunch of different people telling the war from their view and explaining what the hell went wrong and how it turned around in the end. It was interesting seeing how each country handled the zombies differently and how it turned out for them. I don't think this movie is going to touch on any of that.
Vert1
PostPosted: Nov 16 2012 05:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've been thinking about this and I guess I just have to post it. There is no such thing as a fast zombie. ANY movie with fast zombies is bunk. Zombie movies should have ended after Night of the Living Dead.

Is this a Bug's Life 2? These zombies have become ants or water; they flood into an area. Why are the zombies piling on top of each other like they're creating an anthill? It's typical Hollywood having things run fast at you -- people will eat that shit up, makeout with their dates, not realize it's crap, and the garbage keeps getting made. Hollywood has abandoned quality cinematography for fast ADD cheap-rate camera jolting action. That's why they've abandoned slow zombies since they're counter-productive to the abusive changing camera angles every two seconds that passes as cinematography these days.

Someone's gotta take the candy away from those who are giving it out.

Reply to topic

Jump to: