"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Dark Knight Rises

Reply to topic
Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 07 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Again, obviously SPOILERS:

I've seen that mentioned a lot Izzy, but Lucius is under arrest along with Tate there, but the free rein Tate seems to have while a "hostage" of Bane is a clear hint that something is up. I came into the movie wondering if Tate was going to be Talia, and the subtext in her first lines to Bruce at the charity ball definitely made sure I was going to be watching her the whole movie. So I noticed that apparent continuity error while watching and it was yet another big hint to her being Talia. The constant mentioning of a "child of Ra's al-Ghul" and his immortality being the other big hint.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Aug 07 2012 06:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an interesting article. Links to changes done to Bane's voice from the IMAX release to the Final Film. They got rid of his Darth Vader breathing.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-before-and-after-comparison-of-banes-voice-plus-deleted-scene-details-20120728

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Izzy
Title: Mascot Gold
PostPosted: Aug 09 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Again, obviously SPOILERS:

I've seen that mentioned a lot Izzy, but Lucius is under arrest along with Tate there, but the free rein Tate seems to have while a "hostage" of Bane is a clear hint that something is up. I came into the movie wondering if Tate was going to be Talia, and the subtext in her first lines to Bruce at the charity ball definitely made sure I was going to be watching her the whole movie. So I noticed that apparent continuity error while watching and it was yet another big hint to her being Talia. The constant mentioning of a "child of Ra's al-Ghul" and his immortality being the other big hint.

Lucius was in the court room with them? I need to see the movie again, I didn't think they would use Fox to plant the tracking device. Of course when you look back it makes sense, but wouldn't someone say "Hey, what is Miranda doing back here? Didn't she get taken with Gordon?" And then how did she get back to Bane?

But if Lucius is taken too then the excuse could have been they weren't police officers so he just let them both go. Like I said, it didn't ruin the movie for me, I am willing to suspend some amount of belief for a movie about a guy dressed like a bat.

Machete
PostPosted: Aug 10 2012 01:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got around to seeing it. I thought Bane's voice was stupid, it sounded better before they cleared it up for the hearing impaired. I hated the plot twist. It also had a little too much philosophical banter for my taste. All of that aside, I did enjoy it and I didn't really find myself bored at any point.
Vert1
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 02:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This movie sucked dick. Bane is not able to be convincing with camera cutaway implied violence. It ruins the brutality of his character. That and the disagreeable choice of a voice they gave him. Also, having characters explain their life stories is fucking amateurish. (Film should "Show, don't tell".) The fighting choreography is typical quick camera shot cuts slop. Movie should have never been made.

Only Anne Hathaway was good.

2/5

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 03 2012 03:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vert1 wrote:
This movie sucked dick. Bane is not able to be convincing with camera cutaway implied violence. It ruins the brutality of his character. That and the disagreeable choice of a voice they gave him. Also, having characters explain their life stories is fucking amateurish. (Film should "Show, don't tell".) The fighting choreography is typical quick camera shot cuts slop. Movie should have never been made.

Only Anne Hathaway was good.

2/5

Reply to topic

Jump to: