[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
'11 Thundercats

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Apr 10 2012 04:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
SoldierHawk wrote:
AGH, somehow I missed that this was back on, and since my D&D crew have been playing on Saturday nights, I've missed them all! TO THE CARTOON NETWORK SITE!

I was wondering why you'd been quiet in here. Also, the show now airs at 9:30 in the morning on Saturdays.

Oh THAT would explain how I missed it. Thankfully now that I'm caught up, I can watch it on On Demand the day after.

So, best thing so far: OH MY GOD Monkian and Jackalman are AMAZING. I especially love the insane, serial killer-esque take on Jackalman. He may well be my favorite character of the new series. And against all odds, using Panthro as comic relief actually works.

I really did like the Lion-O's Trials bit. I wish it had been real, and dedicated an episode to each trial like the original did, but it was still good work. (Especially considering the fact they probably have to wrap up the series soon--rumor has it they aren't renewed for next season. Sad ).

You know the other characters I'm getting attached to? Kit and Kat, believe it or not. They were almost disposable excuses to get kidnapped in the original, but I really like them here. Kit's faith that Lion-O would come save them was choke-up worthy.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 10 2012 08:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Having a DVR has helped me out a lot in catching the episode (as well as all the other stuff like Young Justice and Green Lantern). I must remind you, the generals actually have names this time. The Monkian is Addicus and the Jackalman is Kaynar.

As for the kittens, I'm glad they're finally giving them some differences in character beyond gender.

My one complaint is that the design for the upgraded Thundertank makes me think it's being mounted by another tank in a literal case of auto erotica.

As for the show not making it to a second season. All I can say is that if it's anything like what went down with the 00's He-Man cartoon, toy sales will be what motivates another season. If more toys in their Snake-men line were purchased, we would have Hordak and the Horrible Hordes, as well as She-Ra.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 09:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This latest episode was great (though can you blame me for being let down we didn't see Bengali when it's tigers in an arctic area?). The moment I heard the voice of Jim Cummings I knew that guy would be the lead villain (so to speak), character design worked toward that as well.

This was an excellent episode which not only showed a good bit of Tigra's backstory but also gave us a glimpse at what Lion-O's mother looked like. Also, Tigra has his original series whip now.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 29 2012 04:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

So is it safe to assume at this point that only Hawk and I are watching this show?

This last episode was freaking awesome. I mildly fanboyed that they introduced Pumyra BEFORE Bengali (the least used Thundercat of the old series) and freaking loved it when they made her a savage gladiator type (and gave her a semi-respectable weapon in the form of a rapid fire wrist-bow) yet the ending still showed she at least knew medicine. I also respected Lion-o's flat-out refusal to strike her down until she accepted his apology.

The Plot B with Kit and Kat was alright.

With all that said, I'm most psyched about the potential for reimaginings of the Lunataks with that faraway shot of Mount Plundarr.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 25 2012 08:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's looking doubtful that the series will return for another season, so here's an online petition to keep it going.

http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-bros-animation-keep-the-new-thundercats-on-for-another-season

Kojjiro!
PostPosted: Sep 02 2012 05:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

i was kind of watching it
with this and young justice CN really could have had a one-two punch of quality animation to go up against avatar/legend of korra but unfortunately thundercats started getting a bit too Anime in its plotting near the end

young justice is good but it'll never compete, not if it only airs ten episodes and then goes on hiatus for six months

Reply to topic

Jump to: