[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Expendables 2

Reply to topic
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Aug 17 2012 06:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Back from a matinee.

You know the drill. The biggest action stars from the biggest action movie eras together in one movie.

This is an action movie for the sake of action, flimsy plot, and a high body count.

And I'm ok with that Very Happy That's why I watch this movie.

Some really hilarious stuff I don't want to spoil.

Leave opinions here Smile

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Aug 17 2012 08:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

better than part 1? or about the same?

ill probably watch this tomorrow

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Ghandi
PostPosted: Aug 17 2012 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
better than part 1? or about the same?

ill probably watch this tomorrow

I honestly don't recall enough about Part 1 to say. This movie isn't really supposed to make you think like Primer, The Matrix, or any of those other intellectual films. It's a Guy's Guy action movie Smile

Which is what you get.

Will there be a Part 3? I'm kind of hoping there is now after not being for a Part 2.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

username
PostPosted: Aug 17 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

heh. ok fair enough. part 1 had some cool action scenes, and if this is more of the same, i can dig it

Klimbatize wrote:

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Aug 18 2012 08:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi wrote:
I honestly don't recall enough about Part 1 to say. This movie isn't really supposed to make you think like Primer, The Matrix, or any of those other intellectual films.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Aug 20 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So no one's seen this movie but me yet? Razz

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 21 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I saw it Sunday. It was fun, if incredibly stupid. Needed more Chuck Norris & Jet Li.

My ex-marine buddy laughed his head off while Billy (Helmsworth) was spitting out the exposition of his backstory, I guess it sounded cheesy to someone who actually had two tours in Iraq, heh.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 23 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
I saw it Sunday. It was fun, if incredibly stupid. Needed more Chuck Norris & Jet Li.

My ex-marine buddy laughed his head off while Billy (Helmsworth) was spitting out the exposition of his backstory, I guess it sounded cheesy to someone who actually had two tours in Iraq, heh.

My cousin did two tours in Iraq as a marine, and I watched the first Expendables with him. It's one of his favorite movies now.

I saw the second a couple days ago. Surprisingly, my favorite part was Van Damme. He nailed his role.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 23 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think my buddy liked the first, but wasn't crazy about it.

Yeah, I definitely enjoyed Van Damme. Haven't seen him in a movie in a while.
Machete
PostPosted: Aug 24 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked The Expendables 2, but I wasn't crazy for it. I didn't like the first one at all. My biggest issue is that it just makes me want to watch the 80's and 90's action movies that made the film's stars famous. In The Expendables 3 they should throw in Brian Bosworth that would really win me over, and I also wish they would clone Charles Bronson. My wife was upset there wasn't more Chuck Norris. Ever since I showed her Invasion U.S.A. she has fallen in love.
Ghandi
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 02:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Machete wrote:
I liked The Expendables 2, but I wasn't crazy for it. I didn't like the first one at all. My biggest issue is that it just makes me want to watch the 80's and 90's action movies that made the film's stars famous. In The Expendables 3 they should throw in Brian Bosworth that would really win me over, and I also wish they would clone Charles Bronson. My wife was upset there wasn't more Chuck Norris. Ever since I showed her Invasion U.S.A. she has fallen in love.

I think Chuck Norris will have a bigger part in Expendables 3 Smile True, he wasn't in it a lot, but he was amazing when he was.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

username
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 03:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi wrote:
Machete wrote:

I think Chuck Norris will have a bigger part in Expendables 3 Smile True, he wasn't in it a lot, but he was amazing when he was.

he already said he wont do part 3.
http://x.co/nAbD
Quote:
Just number 2. This is it for me. Oh, yeah. This is very special. Just to be able to do the film with guys I’ve known for many, many years. To get a chance to get in and fight with them, it was a lot of fun. Plus getting a chance to meet Terry Crews, who I hadn’t met before. And Jason Statham, whom I hadn’t met before. It was fun just to do that.

Klimbatize wrote:

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 03:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saw it today. Gloriously mindless, for the most part. Could've done without Jet Li being put on the bus.
Ghandi
PostPosted: Aug 25 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Ghandi wrote:
Machete wrote:

he already said he wont do part 3.
http://x.co/nAbD
Quote:
Just number 2. This is it for me. Oh, yeah. This is very special. Just to be able to do the film with guys I’ve known for many, many years. To get a chance to get in and fight with them, it was a lot of fun. Plus getting a chance to meet Terry Crews, who I hadn’t met before. And Jason Statham, whom I hadn’t met before. It was fun just to do that.

That's disappointing Sad

You know the part I'm talking about with him in the movie. Just him and Sly talking Wink I could use more of that.

The Expendables is the Avengers film on the 80s and 90s. Many, many more films in the making than some 6 film run with superheroes. I think the mindless killing body count ,action movie star, nostalgia is the biggest draw for me.

They should find a way to put Jet Li and Jackie Chan in the next one. They've worked together before. Jackie choreographes his stuff, Li does his. Would be cool.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Reply to topic

Jump to: