"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
So I'm Thinking of Becoming a LPer...

Reply to topic
Boonjovi
Title: Electric Sex Pants
PostPosted: Feb 02 2012 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As you can tell, part 1 didn't turn out very well. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on software to use for recording and editing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

"If you try to fix violence, with more violence, all you do is create violence" - Tom DeLonge.

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Feb 02 2012 02:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend Bandicam. Your mic has a lot of hiss as well, may either want to switch it or turn your speakers down if they're causing it. As far as editing goes, Camtasia Studio.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 02 2012 02:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you insist on using ManyCam, you can turn that awful logo off in the options.

Boonjovi
PostPosted: Feb 02 2012 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't insist on using ManyCam, that was just the first one I tried.

It's my computer's built in microphone. I have a new one now, it's a lot better. Still a bit of hiss, but not that big of a deal.

I'll try Bandicam though. Thank you.

"If you try to fix violence, with more violence, all you do is create violence" - Tom DeLonge.

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Feb 02 2012 05:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just a heads up (not sure why) but when I try to open recordings I made with Bandicam in Camtasia Studio now, it says it's an unsupported video file even though I used it when making my Rage racing video seen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tl5PH3OWRA

I've been trying to figure it out for awhile with no luck, so if you plan on adding text or cutting with Camtasia after using Bandi and you run into the problem, I still haven't figured out a solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Alowishus
PostPosted: Feb 02 2012 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to remove the hiss - it's complicated but what i do is record my speech into audacity then remove the hiss. Then you can combine that and the game recording in camtasia.
Boonjovi
PostPosted: Feb 03 2012 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason if I bring the video I recorded into Sony Vegas, there's no sound. Not my voice, nor the game sound.

Reply to topic

Jump to: