[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Dammit! I fucking NEED this!

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 06 2005 03:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Ranch Tooth from the Wendy's commercials is up for auction. I would buy this thing in a heartbeat.... sadly I don't have $1000 to waste on prop comedy. Cruel, cruel fate, why must you mock me so?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Sep 07 2005 02:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, I'll help you make a real one. It can't be that hard... can it?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Sep 07 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

that thing haunts my dreams.

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 07 2005 03:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Dude, I'll help you make a real one. It can't be that hard... can it?

If you know where the giant tooth store is, it's probably not hard. As far as I can tell, they just found a giant tooth somewhere and glued the eyes and mouth on and then gave it a hat.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Sep 07 2005 05:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Somehow I don't think he's composed of calcium and enamel. I'm sure using the magic of paper mache, we could create a tooth. Then, through the magic of lightning and overly-complicated machines, we could give him life. As for the hat, I'm at a loss.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 07 2005 09:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
Somehow I don't think he's composed of calcium and enamel. I'm sure using the magic of paper mache, we could create a tooth. Then, through the magic of lightning and overly-complicated machines, we could give him life. As for the hat, I'm at a loss.

Well, my point was that the actual tooth model probably wasn't constructed by Wendy's or the advertising firm that they hired. It appears to be a tooth that they bought from a dentist's office or something and then glued a paper face onto.
Tebor
PostPosted: Sep 07 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We could probably find a dentist that sells giant teeth. I'll talk to my dentist about where they find overly giant teeth. The hat, you're on your own.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

B.B.King
PostPosted: Sep 08 2005 03:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

haha,this reminds me. i read a pretty funny article today based around this commercial

"Tell Your Stupid Ranch Tooth To Shut Up"

ranch tooth.jpg

FOR REAL.

If I had a Ranch Tooth I would pull it!

At first I regarded the Ranch Tooth as a comical, yet annoying, sidekick. But now, after we've had a week or two to absorb the situation, it is evident that the Ranch Tooth has ruined this man's life. If you have seen the 4 or 5 Ranch Tooth commercials you can see the Aristotleian structure of this tragic comedy begin to develop:

We have two characters: The "Man," as we will call the twenty-something human male, and the Ranch Tooth. We never are exposed to the circumstances that brought these two together, or for that matter whether the Ranch Tooth is an objective character, or the Man's psychotic projection of an anthropomorphic cowboy-tooth. It seems like the tooth is an objective character because others - notably at the poker game and the yoga class - seem to hear and see the Ranch Tooth, and are angered and annoyed by it. A guy at the poker game asks the Man to "Tell [his] stupid Ranch Tooth to shut up." It is soon evident that the Man is our protagonist, the Ranch Tooth our antagonist, and the conflict? Well, the conflict is that Ranch Tooth is a little bitch! The Ranch Tooth follows the Man everywhere - to work, on dates, to the gym, rides shotgun in the Man's car - it even sleeps with him, presumably showers with him, all while Ranch Tooth rhythmically mutters, and sometimes yelps: "Ranch!...Ranch!....Ranch!.....Ranch!.....Ranch!!!.....Ranch,..Ranch,..Ranch,..Ranch,..Ranch,..Ranch,..Ranch,...............Ranch!!!!!!" So the original conflict, Ranch Tooth's verbal mantra, is also the rising conflict. Ranch Tooth won't shut the fuck up, he shouts "Ranch," we are led to believe, almost every minute of the day. So that when this poor bastard has mud-butt, and is camped on the commode, he's got this fucking weird-ass, two-foot tall, talking tooth with a cowboy hat sitting right in front of him incessantly shouting "Ranch!! Ranch!! Ranch!!"

Which is where we are now in this saga. Something obviously has to be done about the Ranch Tooth. I would say that the ultimate goal of our protagonist is to rid himself of the tooth entirely; at least that is what I would want were I in his situation. The Man seems too calm though, almost serene. Instead of killing the Ranch Tooth, or leaving it on the side of a desert road, he takes the Ranch Tooth to Wendy's because their chickensomethingorother is the only thing that will get the Ranch Tooth to be quiet, and even then it is just for a couple of minutes at a time. So, why hasn't he ditched the Ranch Tooth? There are two apparent possibilities: he has some sort of emotional bond with Ranch Tooth, he likes, perhaps even loves the Ranch tooth; or it is because he is scared of the Ranch Tooth. The latter makes more sense because why would anyone love the Ranch Tooth? So, the man is scared of Ranch Tooth, I think, so scared that he thinks he is powerless against the Ranch Tooth - a slave to its every whim.

So I'm wondering will Wendy's give us our dramatic crescendo? Will the man turn the tables on Ranch Tooth? Or will the final scene in this advertising extravaganza be the Ranch Tooth standing above the Man's coffin sinisterly muttering "Ranch, Ranch, Ranch...”

We will see, oh yes we will see....."

http://otherself.chattablogs.com/archives/028240.html

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 08 2005 01:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually have an idea for a sitcom pilot that I am writing that's based around the Ranch Tooth. It would be about a comically inept serial rapist with a Ranch Tooth who just can't seem to ever get the girl. Every episode would start with him somehow escaping from jail and end with him getting sent back to the same jail. Every time that the guy was about to slip rufies into a girl's drink or sneak up behind her and pull her into a dark alley and sex her up, the Ranch Tooth would yell "RANCH!" thus drawing attention to the guy and ruining his scheme. It's a solid theme and I think America could stomach three, maybe four seasons of Rapey and Ranchy.
Tebor
PostPosted: Sep 09 2005 01:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I actually have an idea for a sitcom pilot that I am writing that's based around the Ranch Tooth.

I'd watch! Sounds like the best sit-com since Norm.

Max Wright: ALLLLLLLFFFF!!! Er... NOOOOORRRRRRRMMM!!!!!

Tebor
PostPosted: Sep 10 2005 04:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, why not make a series of comics with the picture they have of the tooth. It is easy as heck to erase the background and place anywhere you want...

Okay, I announce the first message board CONTEST. Everyone makes a "Ranch Tooth" comic and the winner gets a T-Shirt designed by someone*.

*I will neither be designing nor handing out a T-Shirt for this contest.

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Sep 12 2005 10:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyway to upload a homemade comic without FTP? Photobucket perhaps?

B.B.King
PostPosted: Sep 12 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah id say just use photobucket. Maybe send it to syd and he can start a guest comic section.

oh,and syd,why dont you start using a Comic php code,much like penny arcade and Ctrlaltdel,but not as elaborate. you know,next and previous buttons.

S. McCracken
PostPosted: Sep 13 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm at work and I just have access to MS Paint, so excuse the shitty quality.

S. McCracken
PostPosted: Sep 13 2005 11:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I actually have several, but I don't want to flood the market.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 13 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

B.B.King wrote:
yeah id say just use photobucket. Maybe send it to syd and he can start a guest comic section.

oh, and Syd, why dont you start using a Comic php code,much like penny arcade and CtrlAltDel,but not as elaborate. you know,next and previous buttons.

If I knew PHP, I definitely would. I agree that the Comics page isn't designed well. Even a set-up like the Perry Bible Fellowship archive would be nice.
Reply to topic

Jump to: