SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Promotional Tomba Plush Dolls from 1998

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 30 2011 03:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

For a very long time, I've been looking for these plush dolls to Tomba, which is easily one of my favorite games ever. These plush dolls were apparently given out as a press release item, and are now considered to be extremely rare. In fact I've only seen them on Ebay once, and I'm the person who ended up buying them!

So for a set of plush dolls deemed extremely rare, you'd think I paid a good amount for them. And while I certainly would've paid a lot, I actually lucked out big time. As soon as these were listed, someone had already placed a $50 bid on them, so I assumed they would end up going for a pretty high amount. Luckily, that wasn't the case! Not only was I the only other bidder, but I only ended up paying $60 including shipping, which is basically nothing when it comes down to the fact I'll probably never see these on Ebay or anywhere else again.

The Tomba doll stands about 8 inches tall, and looks just like him. His hair even has the little tie in the back. His jungle shorts are not stitched onto the body, so they can be removed for fanfic if you're into that shit. I guess the only things that would make this better is is he has his trusty blackjack and his grandpa's bracelet.

The Koma Pig doll stands a little less than Tomba, if you can get him to stand at all! His feet are roundly padded, so it's quite difficult to get him to stand without assistance. Like Tomba, Koma's clothes aren't sewn on, so you can remove his vest to add to the realness of your sick fanfic. The only thing that would make this figure better is if he had his 2 prong pitchfork. Both plush figures have a tag that says 1997 Whoppee Camp/Not for Resale.

Showin' a little backside~

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this purchase. One of the absolute luckiest deals I ever came across. In fact, I had 2 people contact me after the auction had ended wanting to know if I was interested in selling them for a profit. One guy even offered to pay me 5 times as much as I paid, but I declined. Tomba and Koma Pig are going to be mine for a long time!

Tomba and Koma Pig hanging out with their new friend Conker.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 30 2011 04:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

IS that crazy green shit your carpet?

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 30 2011 06:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's a tablecloth. Cool plushes man.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

PerfectStranger
Title: nice little treasure.
PostPosted: May 26 2011 04:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Those are cool, I love tomba!
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 26 2011 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice. Tomba was great.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: