SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE New Blood

Reply to topic
uncle joe
PostPosted: May 17 2011 05:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

The WWE's future is in great hands if you're into wrestling, as far as talent goes.

Drew McIntyre: Currently IMO the best wrestler on the roster as far as this year is concerned. Versatile, as he's great in any setting. Bumps like a fucking maniac, has vicious reckless offense, malicious body language, great selling, great scowl. Our new Finlay.

Daniel Bryan: Indy veteran, WWE upstart little ass kicker is what perfectly describes him. He's a small dude but doesn't take any shit, per Vince which I totally agree with. Great at many different styles, understands role establishment.

Jack Swagger: Goofy 80's villain who is fantastic at getting his comeuppance.Very good matwork, nice stretches and good controlled segments. Has to work on his facial expressions but very very solid, will get better.

the miz: good bumper, nice selling shtick, great facials, above average strikes. One knock I have is that he might be scared, because he works GREAT with guys at his level on the totem pole or lower, but seems uncomfortable working with guys who have clout backstage (ie Orton and lawler). he does make for a surprising good face in peril, which means that he might be better as a face than I thought.

dolph ziggler: GREAT bumper, nice seller, good story teller. One knock is that when he is on offense its a bit boring, but that will come over time.

Evan Bourne: great babyface underdog, insane bumper, great unique but crisp and fluid offense. great at garnering sympathy, stiff worker. Knock is that he is going to die one day from one of his bumps. Our new Rey mysterio.

Sheamus: Finally realized his role of big pale bulldozer. big clubbing blows, like a wrestling neaderthal. understands level selling., great looking finish.

John Cena: say what you want, this guy knows pro wrestling. Great in match seller, good detailed expressions and selling, good bumper, great comebacks. Weak offense but has shown to have powerful looking punches.

Orton: Needs to ditch the orgasm movement, and go back to his LK gimmick: rocking a mean mug and stomping dudes in the face. super athletic and as a heel, sells VERY good.

cody rhodes: great brawler, maniac bumper and is great at incorporating his gimmick into his matches. might be too small sadly, but learned a great deal from Rey Mysterio.

ADR: sucked at the start, but now is VERY good. very aggressive, nice body work offense, getting better at bumping by the day, grasps logic, great facials.

chris masters: big meathead goofball lovable jock. GREAT looking offense, bumps great, best seller in the company. fantastic looking chops and back breakers. gets body work and fatigue selling. hasnt had one below average match, or even average, match since his return, ie all his matches have been at least above average.

would include Punk but not sure if he's out the door. Good times coming ahead.

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 17 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like Drew a lot, he is a great striker, probably the best on the roster. I don't think he's a great heel, and personally I like his FCW face stuff.

Daniel Bryan's stock is on the plummet. I like the guy and I'm glad he got the push he did, but I don't see him going ANYWHERE. I actually hope he leaves WWE soon, because it's pretty clear they have no plans to do anything with him, and while he has some of the best matches on the card, he's better than that.

The problem with Jack Swagger is that they yo-yo him around. I haven't watched wrestling in a few weeks, but I do read the spoilers the next day and it's funny how they plant the seeds to turn him face, only for him to submit to Cena later that night, it's ridiculous. His WHT run was booked very poorly, and I can't believe they altered his character as much as they did. He should have some sort of a Kurt Angle role, as a vicious ring guy, but outside the ring, really goofy.

I've mentioned before what's wrong with the Miz. The guy is just average in every department, which is not something you want from a guy who's constantly in the main event. He's another guy I think might benefit more from being a face, simply because I don't buy him as a vicious heel, nor should I.

It's funny you said Dolph is boring. He's boring because they MADE him boring. The dude is one of the best bumpers I have ever seen, like you said...he's this generation's Mr. Perfect. He does not need Vickie Guerrero, and he doesn't need improvement. They took away the one thing that made him standout, which was his hair, and now he looks like a giant Evan Bourne, and he's still not going anywhere. The one thing they should've changed was his fucking name. Stupid WWE stupid.

Evan Bourne is the happiest jobber I've ever seen. He once had to face 5 members of Nexxus with a tag partner, after they were on a killing path. He came out all smiling and throwing up the peace sign, it's fucking hilarious.

I like Sheamus a lot, but one thing that sucks is that there's almost too many main eventers, so he gets lost in the shuffle. He has outstanding matches all the time, I guess the only complaint I have is that he eerily looks like my old boss.

I have a love hate relationship with Cena. The guy has already done all there is to do, yet they still try to push this idea of putting him in peril. According to the spoilers, the guy took two full blown hits with a steal pipe, yet still was able to come back from that and clear the ring. How the fuck am I supposed to cheer a guy who constantly does not know how to sell something and acts impervious to anything that hits him? He's one of the worst main event sellers I've ever seen.

Randy Orton is a cyborg assassin from the future who was sent to terminate a single target, Sarah Connor, in 1984, to prevent the birth of her son, John, the future leader of the human resistance.

I see nothing but great things from Rhodes. I love his character, I love his evolution and I love that he knows how to get himself over. Constantly has good matches and probably of all the people listed, the one I see the most potential in.

Del Rio is a guy who is still riding the wave of his Royal Rumble win. I like this guy a lot too, and I think his eventual program with Cena might be good, if Cena doesn't make him tap in 4 minutes.

Christ Masters was a guy who debuted in 2005 and I HATED him. I hated this guy so much, he was sloppy, had no charisma and didn't know how to build a match. Getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to him. He's one of the better big guys now, has a much healthier look and his matches are consistent. I can't believe this guy hasn't won a single title yet.

One you didn't mention;

Wade Barrett...man did WWE drop the ball on this guy. Really good on the mic and solid in the ring. I'm not one to put the belt on someone who hasn't been around long, but damn that would've been awesome. Nexxus was legitimately hated, so naturally Orton and Cena make one of the biggest threats to WWE look like a joke. Brilliant.

I really don't know what else to say since I'm not watching the product at this time. I think they shift around the belts too often, and need to find some better unity overall, because it's just not working for me.
uncle joe
PostPosted: May 18 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

ha Im glad you had a retort for every single guy

Reply to topic

Jump to: