"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE Old School

Reply to topic
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Nov 16 2010 05:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty ho hum for the most part until May Young called Laycool sluts and bitches. Definitely the highlight of the show. I wonder if she'll get suspended for not being PG.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 16 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that Hogan and Flair, the two biggest old school stars, are both in TNA kinda hurt the whole concept. The Macho Man could have saved the day though.

Also, Tito Santana but no Rick Martel? FAIL.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Natsu
PostPosted: Nov 16 2010 02:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The election is over so I imagine we'll start seeing more non-pg material.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 19 2010 01:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fine with it being PG, the only issue is the whole non-blood thing that sucks, but everything else isn't really that bad. I do not need to see necrophilia, transvestites, the Kiss My Ass Club, or literal wrestling Dicks.

The show was pretty good I thought. I remembered the opening, but damn...that siren made me mark. I wish they would bring that back, although it would've been nice if they also had the opening where Austin walks through the flaming warehouse while air sirens go off, I loved that one.

The only appearance I truly marked for was Harvey Wippleman, whom I haven't seen since the infamous "Harvina" incident. Most of the other guys that showed up were guys we've seen in a constant basis for the last several years, although Piper's speech was pretty nice. Also, Michael Cole was fucking hilarious while JR was out there, even though I can see why people were bothered with that moment. Another great moment was Dusty and his sons, which might unfortunately set up Dibiase Jr. with the fucking US belt...NO THANKS~

Guys we probably COULD'VE seen that are on good terms with WWE, if WWE tried harder:

Bob Backlund
The Genius
Haku
Lex Luger
The Mountie
Rick "the Model" Martel
Sunny
Sycho Sid
Tugboat

I don't think it would've been best to bring Savage in, it would sort of ruin the moment if he was ever announced for the HOF. Seriously, I want that to be the first thing I see out of him if he ever does come back.

One last note that annoyed me, Lawler was asked by Cole if he could compare Mark Henry to any strong guys of the past, and the best Lawler struggled long to come up with Bruno Sammartino. Are you fucking kidding me, King? Dino Bravo, Ted Ardici, Ken Patera..etc. It's not that hard.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Nov 19 2010 01:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Until things are amicable with savage I don't see lanny poffo showing up.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 19 2010 02:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lanny has been vocal about his appreciation of McMahon in the past as well as writing a poem for Vince McMahon appreciation night as well as getting a lot more recognition until recently over his brother, not to mention when Jakks had the WWE license, they made a figure of him, while Savage hasn't gotten one until recently. I guarantee they could have brought him in, although the main problem I think would be that most people wouldn't know who the hell he was since he looks a lot different. Also it makes sense to bring people like Lanny in, who were cool, but not household names like Warrior and Savage, you have to wait to bring them out at a big time like Wrestlemania.
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Nov 19 2010 02:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know he has been fine with WWE but I think the thing is in solidarity with savage, his brother, he wouldn't appear. I could be wrong.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 19 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

And what about Bobby Heenan!? They're releasing a DVD on him in December.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 19 2010 03:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have Heenan commentate with Cole and have them completely disregard the matches and put the talent down.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Nov 19 2010 08:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't Goldust getting a DVD? That's all kinds of awesome.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 20 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Goldust is in about a group of 20 wrestlers who were never given a run with the title, but truly could make it work and deserved it. The guy has been a model employee every time he's worked for WWE and I never hear anything bad about the guy. He can work the crowd, take over a match, get pops and is a pretty darn good wrestler. I think he truly deserves a small run with the WWE belt.
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Nov 20 2010 12:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Golddust is a great worker, but he is a midcarder and always has been. There is nothing wrong with that though.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 20 2010 01:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't matter if he was midcard now, one thing that WWE is good at is pushing guys out of nowhere, much like RVD or Jeff Hardy were, who were also viewed as midcard. I would actually place Goldust as main event until last 1996. Plus, if he was given the belt, he wouldn't need it for a very long time or anything, just a nice thank you for being a model worker for all these years.
JRA
PostPosted: Nov 20 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hasn't Jessie's governor cycle run out yet? It's high time we get him back on there.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Valdronius
PostPosted: Nov 24 2010 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't read anything in the dirtsheets, but I assume Cena is taking some time off for family and to do his thing with make-a-wish? Either that or he's going to be appearing at every show as an audience member. I think I might miss the big lug.

Klimbatize wrote:

GenesisDoes
Title: What nintendon't
PostPosted: Dec 09 2010 05:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

not sure if this has been posted to death but the Macho Man has really aged alot for some reason

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Dec 09 2010 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap, is that really Randy Savage?

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Dec 09 2010 09:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he's gotta be pushing 60 anyway. Add white beard, shaved head, tropical shirt....and he looks how he should.
Valdronius
PostPosted: Dec 09 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Virgil hasn't aged a day in the last 20 years. He is stealing other superstars' lifeforce!

Klimbatize wrote:

uncle joe
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 07:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Luger and Heenan are so wrecked physically that having them there would of been a downer.

OSR was fine, 2 really good matches, great piper promo, mae young cursing. wasnt perfect but did its job.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 08:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just found a picture of Heenan from last year. Yeah... he's not in great shape. Last time he was on TNA, which I think was 2007, he looked okay. He didn't sound great though.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

GenesisDoes wrote:
not sure if this has been posted to death but the Macho Man has really aged alot for some reason

I think I know what's going on...

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit!

Maybe when he gets really old and Wilford Brimley kicks the bucket he can do OH YEAH Diabetes Testing Strip Commercials.

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 02:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Just found a picture of Heenan from last year. Yeah... he's not in great shape. Last time he was on TNA, which I think was 2007, he looked okay. He didn't sound great though.

Throat cancer will do that do you.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 06:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Throat cancer will do that do you.

Yeah, it will.
Reply to topic

Jump to: