[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Japanese custom Batvan

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 17 2010 06:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

from jalopnik.com

Although custom vans are just a bad memory in America, they are still hugely popular in Japan. The Batvan is the result of one van owner's decision to mix a serious love of Batman with Japan's extreme custom van culture.

Japan has a knack for taking American ideas and putting a unique spin on them. Although the custom van craze of the 70s may have originated in America, it is clear when you lay eyes on the Batvan that Japan has made custom van culture their own.

Looking at the Batvan is overwhelming to the senses. The huge fiberglass wings and body kit mixed with the Batman theme produces something that looks more like animation then the real world. You have to wonder if the top wings or front overhang are removable for highway travel.

The level of detail on the Batvan is pretty amazing. Whoever painted the murals must have spent many long nights locked up in a bat cave to complete it. The Batvan even travels with a scale replica of itself and a life-size Batman statue. Well, why wouldn't it?

Although the Batvan is pretty tempting, something tells me Batman will not be trading in the Batmobile for one anytime soon. It doesn't look quite as durable as the Tumbler and with 8000 pounds of fiberglass body kit, it can't be as fast as the Bat Pod.

more pics here: http://jalopnik.com/5688871/batvan-strikes-nausea-in-the-stomachs-of-evil+doers

Gaudy as hell, but I commend the guy for the effort.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Nov 17 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

That extra bulk better be loaded up with weapons up the hole. It doesn't seem worth it to me to trade aerodynamics for anything else.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 17 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

There are times when I look at creative modifications to common things and am in awe of their creativity. In this case though, I find myself asking, why the fuck would someone waste that much time, creativity, and money on that thing?

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Nov 17 2010 01:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Nov 20 2010 01:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

That thing looks really, really, really stupid.

Reply to topic

Jump to: