SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
2010 MLB World Series

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 23 2010 05:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

It seems no one gives a shit about the MLB, but I figured I'd make this anyways after seeing the Yanks lose tonight. Good times.

I'm hoping to see the Giants vs. Rangers, but I have a feeling Ryan Howard will come alive to get the Phillies in there.

Anyways, it's nice to see the Rangers get in there. Almost seems like a bit of late justice for what happened with A Rod.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 23 2010 02:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a huge baseball fan, and it's my favorite sport. I'm a Red Sox fan, so basically every year I'm highly interested until both the Red Sox and Yankee seasons are over. Red Sox were done a while ago, so the only rooting interest I had in the playoffs was for whoever was playing the Yankees. I was thrilled last night with the Rangers win. They dominated that series in every facet of the game. Good for them.

Now that my favorite and hated teams are out of the picture, I tend to lean towards the underdogs. I'd prefer the Giants to beat Philly since Philly just won the World Series a couple of years ago. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to win the final two games. Overall, they are a better team than the Giants.

Either way, I'll be rooting for the Rangers in the World Series since before this year they had never even won a playoff game. Nice to see a different team win it.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 23 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck yeah! Giants win!

Now I have a series I'd be happy to see go seven games. I don't mind if the Giants were to win it (ironic since I absolutely hated the Giants just a few years ago because of Bonds), but I think the Rangers would be a nice overall story.

On second thought, I kinda want Lincecum to have a title as well. I always have to root for the little guy!

Oh and here's a nice little memento of tonight's game:

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Oct 24 2010 09:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Can we, uh, resize that a little bit please?

And this is a tough one. The team affiliated with Barry Bonds, or the team associated with Dubya?
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Oct 25 2010 02:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cliff Lee, 3 times...Rangers in 7.

It is really great to have some new teams break into the World Series, I wouldn't have watched Yanks-Phils, but I'll be all over this one. As great as Lincecum is, Lee will be the deciding factor in this series. He is downright unhittable in his post season career and with plenty of rest before game one, he will be available for 3 games.

And you can't blame the Giants for having Barry Bonds, at the time, the whole world was unaware of the PED situation.

Funny side note, Molina will be awarded a Championship Ring no matter who wins, as he started the year on the Giants and was traded to the Rangers.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 25 2010 03:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I guess if I had to bitch about anything, is that I can't get real satisfaction with either team winning. If it was Rangers/Phillies or Giants/Yankees, I could really get into those games and gain personal satisfaction in seeing the Phils/Yanks lose.
Rydog
PostPosted: Oct 25 2010 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I hear what your saying. I could fall asleep during one of these games (I'm sure they'll start at like 3 am on the east coast) and not really be to upset about it. I have decided to root for the Rangers though. They have struggled to attract starting pitching for a long time due to the "hitter's edge" that goes with their home games.

Snagging Cliff Lee was clutch, now if only players like Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay could be available to the Red Sox...whats that? they could have gotten them? FUCK YOUUUUUUU THEOOOOOOOOO
Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 28 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Crazy 5th inning of game 1...I thought after the first 2 innings that the Rangers would dominate...then THAT happened and wow...that's all I gotta say.
Rydog
PostPosted: Oct 28 2010 05:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that was a pretty surprising game all around, not at all what I expected from any of these games, let alone Lee-Lincecum.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 29 2010 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Texas continues to get trumped. I hate to call the series this soon, but Giants seem to have too much momentum now.
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Oct 29 2010 08:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Texas' relief pitchers can't throw strikes. What was it, 20 balls in a row? Most not even close to the plate?
Rydog
PostPosted: Oct 29 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, another nightmare for the Rangers. I won't call it yet, but they really need to come out in game three with some quick offense.
Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Oct 30 2010 07:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

How come some Baseball players have such a hard time finding pants that fit?
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Oct 31 2010 09:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

God, this referee fucking sucks. His strike zone is all over the place. In the first inning he didn't give strikes that grazed the plate,
now he gives them when the ball is 6 inches away from it.
pineapple
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 05:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pandajuice wrote:
How come some Baseball players have such a hard time finding pants that fit?

Some like them baggy and some like them tight.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 01:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Manny always had really baggy pants, I hated seeing him run, he looked like a 7 year old child.
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 02:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that's how he acted, so it's fitting I suppose.
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Giants just took it home. I'm surprised they won it so convincingly.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 01:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good job for them. I feel a little bad for the Rangers, but they didn't play a very good series.
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 01:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They didn't hit for shit, the bullpen sucked, and the coaching decisions in game two took them out of the game late when they still had a chance. They should feel good about their season though, no one gave them a chance and an AL Pennant is no small feat.
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Rangers were afraid and almost never tried stealing bases, which is how they won the other series in the first place.
They got out of their style of play, so obviously they sucked hardcore.

Rydog wrote:
and the coaching decisions in game two took them out of the game late when they still had a chance

I don't really see how. The way I see it, Texas' relief pitchers were total shit. It's not their fault the pitchers couldn't even throw a fucking strike.
Do you mean they should have kept Wilson out longer?
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 04:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lavalarva wrote:
The Rangers were afraid and almost never tried stealing bases, which is how they won the other series in the first place.
They got out of their style of play, so obviously they sucked hardcore.

Rydog wrote:
and the coaching decisions in game two took them out of the game late when they still had a chance

I don't really see how. The way I see it, Texas' relief pitchers were total shit. It's not their fault the pitchers couldn't even throw a fucking strike.
Do you mean they should have kept Wilson out longer?

No, I mean with two outs in the 8th innning of a World Series Game that you still have a chance in (still 2-0), you bring in your best chance to get the dang out, especially with a day off following, so using the closer for an out in the 8th and the 9th if needed was certainly reasonable. Instead, they sent out a pupu platter of middle relief which completely took them out of the game.
Reply to topic

Jump to: