Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Jul 15 2010 03:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I want in, as well.

This Is Tuna With Bacon

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 15 2010 08:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay. Here's a match. I completely made up the two wrestlers who have no basis on any real persons whatsoever. I go into specific details of how it was created afterwards:

Ladies & Gentleman, it's time for our main event!

Mega Geebus vs Jonny Snowjob!

Let's take you to ringside!

(Bell Rings)
Gorilla Typhoon here, glad you could join us as this one fall bout gets underway! The two men lock up, jockying for posistion. Looks like Mega Geebus gets the upperhand, and goes into a arm lock on Snowjob. Snowjob trying to fight out. He nimbly reverses the hold. Geebus with a quick series of elbows breaks it. Snowjob is still dazed as Geebus irish whips him into the ropes. Snowjob rebounds off the ropes only to be met by a monstrous clothesline from Geebus. Geebus lifts Snowjob off the ground. Snowjob strikes a lowblow unbeknowist to the ref.

As Geebus is still hunched over in pain, Snowjob hits a spinning neckbreaker, and goes for the early pin.

ONE....Kickout! Way too early.

Snowjob lifts Geebus up, and nails him with a picture perfect dropkick. Both men slowly get up. Snowjob tries to throw a punch, but it's blocked by Geebus, who returns a blow of his own. Then another, and another! Snowjob is reeling. Geebus whips Snowjob into the corner, and follows right behind with a huge elbow to the face. Geebus grabs the ropes and starts stomping a mudhole into Snowjobs gut. He slumps down to the mat. Geebus grabs Snowjob and drags him to the middle of the ring, and then climbs up on the top turnbuckle. A HUGE elbow drop that echoes through the arena! It's not looking too good for Snowjob! Geebus slides out of the ring, where is he going? Geebus kicks the timekeeper out of his seat and folds it up and takes it back to the ring!

The ref blocks off Geebus and warns him not to use the illegal weapon! Geebus tells the ref that Snowjob is using an illegal weapon as well. As the dumb ref turns to look, Geebus blasts the ref with the chair! The ref is out cold! The distraction has given Snowjob time to recover. As Geebus turns to face his opponent, Snowjob lands a superkick into the chair, which catches Geebus in the face. Geebus drops the chair, stumbles back and tumbles out of the ring, through the ropes.

Snowjob follows, he picks up Geebus and starts blasting him with a series of quick right hands! He rolls Geebus onto my anouncing table. Excuse me, while I get out of the way. Snowjob climbs onto the table as well and lifts Geebus up. He sets Jeebus up for what looks to be a pile driver! As he lifts Geebus up, Geebus flips up onto Snowjobs shoulders, and quickly reverses into a DDT!

BAM!!! OH MY GOD!!! AS GOD AS MY WITNESS THAT MAN IS DEAD!!! Jeebus what have you done!?!

The table is toast, and so is Snowjob!

Geebus signals to the crowd that he isn't finished yet. He drags Snowjob by the hair around the ring, and sets him face first on the ring steps. He recovers his chair and makes a Steel Breaded Snowjob sandwich! The sickning sound of the impacts makes the crowd wince and cower.

Geebus rolls Snowjob back into the ring.

He signals for a new ref to come down. One reluctantly agrees and jogs down to the ring. Geebus places his foot on Snowjob's chest, as the ref counts this one over:

ONE, TWO, THREE!!!
(Bell Rings)

The crowd cheers wildly as Geebus stands triumphly over the remains of his opponent.

Wasn't that exciting?

Okay, here is the behind the scenes:

First the wrestlers' stats:

Mega Geebus:

CHA - 15
STR - 15
SPD - 10
TCH - 10
FLY - 8
AGL - 8
CON - 15
SUB - 7
HRD - 17
BRL - 15
INT - 8
COM - 8
LCK - 6

Total = 130 +15 Special
Special = Brawler (+5 to STR, BRL, and CON)

Jonny Snowjob:

CHA - 10
STR - 10
SPD - 20
TCH - 10
FLY - 15
AGL - 18
CON - 8
SUB - 8
HRD - 5
BRL - 10
INT - 10
COM - 11
LCK - 10

Total = 130 + 15 Special
Special = Luchador (+5 SPD, AGL, FLY)

By rolling against stats and off a few charts I am working on I got this:

Match. (Roll result - Geebus wins via Hardcore Finish)

Geebus for 2 moves. (Test Of Strength + Armlock)
Snowjob 1 move (Armlock)
Geebus gets 1 move. (Clothesline)
Snowjob gets upper hand. (Cheat)
Snowjob get 2 moves. (Dropkick & Punches)
Geebus gets 4 moves (Punches, Elbow in corner, Mudhole, Elbow Drop)
Snowjob gets 1 (Snowjob kicking chair)
Geebus get 2 and the WIN. (DDT, Chair attack with Steps, and Pin)

So what you and your opponent will get via PM, would be the above rundown without the moves in brackets.

So say, Val & Char are matched up. I will generate thier match and send them the following:

Match - Singles - Val wins via Finisher

Val 2
Char 3
Val 3
Char 5
Val 2
Char 2
Val 6
Char 5
Val 1 + WIN

So, what Val & Char need to do is look at thier character sheets and their opponents and try to make an exciting match from it.

So they look at who has the better stats in each catergory, and discuss how they want it to play out. So if say Val has better technical moves then when he has the upper hand, he will moves such as armdrags and suplexes. Char has a higher STR rating so he will do clotheslines, body slams, and such. Using the info of the character's stats and the match rundown they have to create a good match. The challenge is not to win a match, but to tell the story of the match. Even though they are opponents, they have to work together to create most entertaining match possible. (Just like in real wrestling!)

The ones who have the best matches, will have the most success. Now, keep in mind there are some more details as well that you don't see here. To make my example match more exciting, I used a couple over the top moves. (The DDT through the table and the Chair to head on steps.) Now, as the GM/REF ( or Whatever I decide to call my roll as game runner) I would roll against Snowjob's CON, AGL, and LCK to see if he really got injured or not. In the case of the example match, there was a 28% chance he could have injured his wrestler doing that spot. The payoff is that for the spot Geebus and himself will get a point bonus. But, had he injured himself, he may miss a few matches and not make as many points as he has to sit out of the next few matches. You see?

So, the idea behind this system is that instead of making it pure random chance, (Like the HWA, or any other E-fed that uses videogames or wrestling sims to determine outcomes) it's based on how much effort you put into it. If you don't care enough to take the time to build your fueds and make exciting matches, then you are not going to get very far. (If every match, you just say to your partner, "You figure out a match. I don't care." Then you will very quickly become a jobber. You just gave your partner free reign to make your character look like crap.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

My name is Valdronius, and I approve of this method.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

not sure if this is what you would want to use officially knyte, but i retrofitted a character bio from one of the gamesites the wife and i run for use in the e-fed if you want.

Code:
[b]Worker Name:[/b] The worker's actual name
[b]Character Name:[/b] The worker's character name, if different than above
[b]Status:[/b] Heel/face/antihero/tweener
[b]Affiliation:[/b] Any groups (tag teams, groups [a la NWO]) the worker belongs to
[b]Physical Appearance:[/b] The height/weight and physical appearance of the worker, including things such as eyecolor,
hair color and length, noticable scars/tattoos/other markings
[b]Costume:[/b] What the worker wears to the ring 'in character'
[b]Signature Moves:[/b] The moves the wrestler is best known for performing
[LIST]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

[b]Character Personality:[/b] How your worker acts/comes off 'in character'
[b]Actual Personality:[/b] What your worker is like out of the ring
[b]Character History:[/b] The "in the ring" history of your character; changes over time
[b]Actual History:[/b] The actual bio information of your worker

also wanted to ask whether this is going to be purely fictional, or whether other wrestling organizations like WWE/TNA/RoH and others will be in existence so I can do up the background for a worker

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jul 16 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Purely fictional probably.

aeonic
PostPosted: Jul 17 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

that'll make things easier on me, even if just a little. we rp'ers are a twitchy breed full of questions about critical hit charts and character development

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jul 17 2010 01:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If we are going to have a system, then I would totally like to join. The "set to COM players against each other" method didn't seem all that fair.
aeonic
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 01:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

so let's rassle already bitches! i've got mine done!

aeonic
PostPosted: Jul 31 2010 05:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

wtf? is everyone too hot and too tired to continue?

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Aug 01 2010 08:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I'm all for it. I even made a story for my guy and everything. I'm just not sure I got the system 100%, and I would like to see a sheet before I did mine, to be sure.
I'm thinking of making a heel, if that wasn't all that clear Very Happy
Still not sure about the tigerstriped pants though ¬¬
aeonic
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 10:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

here's my sheet, just waiting on confirmation from knyte that it's good. i didn't add the bonus for daredevil because I don't know how much it is.

CHA - 7
STR - 10
SPD - 11
TCH - 10
FLY - 13
AGL - 12
CON - 12
SUB - 8
HRD - 11
BRL - 12
INT - 9
COM - 8
LCK - 7

SPECIAL
Daredevil

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ok did mine. Post ran a bit long, because I posted the brief version of his story along too.
CHA - 8
STR - 13
SPD - 12
TCH - 7
FLY – 11
AGL - 11
CON - 13
SUB - 7
HRD - 12
BRL - 8
INT – 11
COM - 7
LCK - 10
Special: Monster
Worker Name: Jason Sanders
Character Name: Dire Wolf
Affiliation: Well, since there’s almost no one yet, nothing so far 
Physical Appearance: Jason is 6’8, strong but not over bulky. His eyes are brown, and he has black hair, but shaves his head. He is a bit tanned. He has a scar that he got on his old job, but it’s hidden by his shoulder protection (might be used later to “prove” his background)
Costume: He wears standard tights with flame patterns on the sides, like those people that jumped through fire hoops on motorcycles on the 80s, black with blue flames. He has a loty of leather straps on his gloves/boots, and wears a sort of “Half-Shirt” that covers the right half of his chest and his right arm. He also has a striped mask, which covers half his face and his eye (the material over his eye is see-through) and a sort of neck guard.
Signature Moves:* Flying clothesline, dropkicks and other running moves will be his bread and butter. He will be a relentless fighter, chasing people down and striking them without stopping. He will use some flying moves to gain the upper hand, and be more stoic when facing faster opponents. He is strong enough to do some slams, and favors the faster, more impressive throws, like DDTs, bulldogs and the like.
*Finisher 1: Ninja (The worker grabs hold of the opponent’s head, and runs up the turnbuckle like the ninjas in action movies, slamming the opponent on the mat). Dire Wolf calls it the “Dire Takedown”.
*Finisher 2: Facebreaker DDT. Dubbed “Endgame”
*Finisher 3 (only against smaller opponents): Running Powerbomb. “Direbomb”

Character Personality: Dire Wolf is constantly applying “trials” to his opponents, and considers it his job to “weed out the weak”. He might be willing to work with someone who’s proved his worth to take down another duo, but might just double-cross them if they are “not pulling their weight.”
The character likes to make impressive challenges, and will not back down from challenges against him.
Actual Personality: Jason is a bit overzealous . He will try his “stunts” many times before actually bringing them to the ring, and doesn’t like to be taken out of his “routine”. Being a former stuntman, he constantly tries to come up with new, impressive moves. This kind of dedication makes him come across as a bit anti-social, but really he’s just constantly worried. He knows what can go wrong.
Character History: The Dire Wolf was a “Jack of all knives” kind of daredevil. Bike stunts, jumping out of burning buildings, you name it. He wore the tights he uses to fight, along with a matching jacket. However, one of his stunts went wrong one day, and his bike crashed through a mobile home on a failed jump. That accident left him scarred, on the back and face, and his manager decided he “no longer had the public appeal”. After such treason, he joined the SWW to prove his worth, and also to test his fellow workers in the same way, because “you are not strong until you PROVE you are strong.” His entrance involves him walking in wearing his slashed-up old jacket, and on big events, he rides in on a busted motorcycle.
Actual History: Jason was a stuntman, doing the risky scenes from movies and such. As the special effects got better and the actors got bolder, he decided he needed a new career before being run out of his job. Having always been a fan of wrestling, he decided to change careers. After a few years working his way up, he joined the SWW as the Dire Wolf. He likes the Heel position, thinks it’s “much more interesting”, but wouldn’t mind turning face in the future.
aeonic
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

here's my character bio. looks like we have enough for, well, one match

Worker Name: Michael Sippoli
Character Name: The Bronx Bruiser
Affiliation: None yet
Physical Appearance: Standing at about 5'9" and weighing about a hundred and eighty five pounds, Michael doesn't exactly look like the most intimidating person in the world, but years of training and hard work have made his body solid. Not overly muscular, he has more of a runner's build, but his leg muscles are tremendously toned, and scars cover his knees, feet and hands from practicing breaking. Deep blue eyes are set evenly in his head, and a constant two or three day growth of beard covers his face. He's missing his left upper canine tooth from a sparring accident back in his Taekwondo days and has the I Ching hexagram Kan on his right shoulder. A mop of slightly unruly brown hair falls to about mid forehead on him, and he has a simple silver stud in each ear.
Costume: Typically, he wears the same sort of ripped up NY Mets shirt or jersey and jeans that his father did, although he's skipped the porkpie hat and cigar schtick. He also tends to look a lot cleaner than his dad did.
Signature Moves:

• The Bronx Express (540 degree Cannonball Senton off of chair; finisher)
  • Swinging Neckbreaker
  • Shining Wizard
  • Enzuigiri
  • Spinning Heel Kick

Character Personality: Everybody knows that the Bruiser doesn't take any flack from anybody. He'd just as soon punch his own mother in the face than give somebody a smile, and his surly attitude covers everything he does. He was even frowning in his baby pictures.

Actual Personality: Michael is a perfectionist and does his best to fully have his matches worked out completely with his opponents before getting into the ring. He gets a little bit embarassed when he'd made to work the mike because it's not something he's got a lot of experience with, but he's learning.

Character History: The son of the most legendary loser in SWW history, this version of the Bronx Bruiser isn't going to take any losses lying down. He's studied not only streetfighting but also the martial arts, and just like the Bronx, the weak won't survive when they run up against him!

Actual History: Despite his namesake, Michael's only actually been to New York two or three times. He was born and raised in the middle of Pawtuck, MI. Apart from that, his working character is eerily closer to the character he plays on TV than most people think. His father, Peter Sr., is perhaps one of the most famous jobbers in the industry and mainly worked with the SWW, an organization that he still serves as a road agent. Growing up, Michael wasn't really that interested in what his father did for a living, and even though he knew it wasn't really real, he had a hard time trying to process why his father lost so much anyhow. Proving to be naturally athletic in his own right, especially in Taekwondo, which his father signed him up for to 'toughen him up a little bit', Michael was also the only male cheerleader on his high school team's squad. Joining had caused some arguments in the family until he told his father the primary reasons he did it were A) to get into a good college on a scholarship and B) to bang hot cheerleaders. He was sidelined for part of his senior year with a hamstring injury but graduated and went off to college.

The bond between he and his father was never really that strong until his older brother Pete was injured during a dark match for the Michigan Wrestling Association, suffering nerve damage that left him unable to wrestle. Having just finished getting his general Associate's degree from the University of Michigan, he decided to come home and help take care of Pete for a bit. During that time, he and his father became closer, and he started to go with the two of them to the gym both had trained at. Talking to a lot of family friends and some of the younger guys there, he got interested to see if he had the chops to do what his father and brother had done and was surprised by how much he actually enjoyed it. He did a few local circuits before getting recruited by All-Star Japan (with a little help from some family friends who worked over there), and after a two year stint overseas where he honed his aerial game and martial arts abilities alike, blending puroresu and luchador moves, he headed back home. From there, he got picked up by the SWW farm league and wrestled for two more years there before scoring a coveted SWW contract. They wanted him to do his old father's schtick, and he agreed to a point; the fact that they promised him a much more balanced win/loss record was one enticement that he couldn't pass up.

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 11:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Heel Vs Heel might not be the best starting match, but I am totally up for this. Even thought Knyte showed an example match, I still don't know how to go about a match, so maybe if he could come over and give a more detailed explanation... Smile

EDIT: Then again, the "son of a jobber" Vs. "Trial by fire Guy" might work like a charm
aeonic
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, I can see having a lot of fun, especially since both of them aren't afraid to take nasty bumps. guess we'll wait on knyte's dice and such

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 01:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

CHA - 15
STR - 8
SPD - 10
TCH - 8
FLY - 12
AGL - 12
CON - 8
SUB - 10
HRD - 5
BRL - 2
INT - 7
COM - 18
LCK - 15

Special: Luchador

Worker Name: Luke Maxwell
Character Name: Maelstrom

Physical Appearance: 6'0", 197lbs, Short Brown hair and eyes.
Costume: Wrestling tights with MAELSTROM down the right leg. Light blue, sleeveless top with lightning bolt/spiral logo.

Signature Moves:
Corkscrew Leg Lariat
Best Moonsault Ever
Springboard Hurricarana
Wheelbarrow Reverse DDT
Submission Finisher: Triangle Armbar Leglock
Finisher: Shooting Star Press

I may edit this later to add more character detail.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 03:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 03 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hope these stats work out well with the system i'm not really sure how the system works, but i tried to use stats that compliment each other, see how that all works out.
CHA - Charisma = 3
STR - Strength = 22 (+3)
SPD - Speed = 20
TCH - Technical Ability = 20
FLY - Flying Ability = 0
AGL - Agility = 20
CON - Constitution = 23 (+3)
SUB - Submission Skills = 0
HRD - Hardcore Ability = 0
BRL - Brawling Skill = 20
INT - Intelligence =0
COM - Comliness = 0
LCK - Luck = 2
Special: Monster (1 free kick out, immune to first few weapon attacks, and +3 to Con, and STR)

Your Name: JonSnow
Worker Name: David Webb
Character Name: Chemical X
Affiliation: (Chemical X Bottling Co.)
Physical Appearance: (6'5" broad shoulders, jet black hair, dark eyes... arms are heavily muscled, but even so he's stronger than he looks. Very lean and cut, very reminicent of the ultimate warrior, but even a bit bulkier. Chemical X comes out on stage wearing a white trench coat, reminds you of a doctors coat, but is thick and made out of the same material of the undertaker's black version of it. Once entering the ring he tosses it off revealing black bands circling tight around his biceps, and wrists, otherwise nothing else up top. He has black shorts, with a picture of a chalice on each side, the chalice is gold but shows a blue liquid inside, the shorts go just below his knees, and are loose)
Signature Moves: (When Chemical X is losing or wanting to finish off an opponent, he goes to the corner of the ring, and his trainer hands him a gold can with the words Chemical X on the side, he drinks it, and then turns into a monster to unleash hell on his opponent, like hulking up)
Character Personality: (He speaks out for the little guy, very positive, and determined... always saying there is a way to win, every opponent has a weakness, and all weakness can be turned into strengths.)
Actual Personality: (Introverted individual, he talks only if he has something important to say... rarely jokes. Can seem very cold and calculating at times, but has good intentions.)
Character History:(Chemical X was a scrawny, weak, introverted kid who was picked on as a child for being geeky, having pocket calculators, and wearing a white science vest... eventually in his senior year of high school while working in a lab, after experimenting with with a special blend, he accidentally poured the wrong chemical into the beaker and that chemical turned the concoction entirely a bright blue. By chance his tormentors came in and started mocking him for being in after school, soon they got bored with pushing him around and noticed his blue beaker on the table, they laughed and forced him to drink it. They looked at him, and while he didn't know what was going on, he felt strange, and all of a sudden they started to run... and the rest *character flexes his right bicep* is history.)

Actual History: (Was a wrestler in high school... eventually beefed up and went into pro wrestling, playing off his gimmick, he actually does sell energy drinks called Chemical X, they're actually very health for you, and are used by many athletes, even other wrestlers in secret, but noticeably used among the fans. While that at one point became his gimmick for wrestling, he now makes more money off the energy drink, and wrestling has become the gimmick to advertise the drink. Though he does train hard, and try to give his fans a show, not just for the monetary component, but because he enjoyed wrestling as a kid himself)

The One Truth Will Prevail
Brawl Code: 1805-1876-7506

IceWarm
PostPosted: Aug 31 2010 01:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'll write up a character in a bit. I haven't done any e-fed stuff since about 2001 though but I'll give it a shot.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Boonjovi
Title: Electric Sex Pants
PostPosted: Sep 06 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I'm in. But let me tell ya something brother, whatcha gunna do when Syd Lexia starts no selling your moves, hits the Culture Crush, and holds the title for sixteen months?

We'll call you John Cena.

"If you try to fix violence, with more violence, all you do is create violence" - Tom DeLonge.

Reply to topic

Jump to: