[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
And the next Clix license is...

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 02:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Star Trek:

June 8, 2010 (Hillside, NJ) – WizKids/NECA and CBS Consumer Products today announced that they have entered into an agreement wherein WizKids/NECA will create HeroClix branded miniature games to be sold both physically and digitally, set in the Star Trek universe, including all of the Star Trek television shows and Star Trek feature films.

“Star Trek changed the way people think about the future,” said WizKids/NECA President Lax Chandra. “We are thrilled at the opportunity to marry our innovative game design and exceptional miniatures with the incredibly rich Star Trek franchise. We believe HeroClix and the Star Trek Universe are ideally suited for cooperative gaming and table top miniature simulation and will speak to gamers in a new and compelling way.”

The first WizKids/NECA Star Trek game will release around Christmas, 2010 with additional expansions to follow.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 02:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see it being nearly as enjoyable as HeroClix or even Horrorclix, but who the fuck am I kidding? I'll probably get a few just for shits and giggles. I guess they're going to be called TrekClix? Hope they do better than Halo ActionClix

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I still want a Star Trek pocketmodel game.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the whole Clix brand went under awhile back? Whatever, these will sit on shelves for three years before being blown out a Five Below too...

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
I thought the whole Clix brand went under awhile back?

As did I, but it seems that NECA bailed them about, joining them together. Blackest Night just came out for the DC HeroClix series and they've even done a Howard the Duck piece during Secret Invasion.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

aeonic
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 04:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to pick my Blackest Night set up Friday, and yes, I have howard the duck. I also have the Atom piece that's just a blank click dial because he's supposed to be microscopic, and the Plastic Man as a mailbox piece

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jun 10 2010 03:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nice stuff there aeonic. At the peak of my interest, I had the LE Doombot, Nightcrawler, Spiral, Symbiote Spidey, Web Shield Spidey, Hoverchair Xavier, Despero, OWAW Superman, Green plastic John Stewart, Darkseid, Desaad, Black/Silver capeless Superman, LE Arthur Curry, the list goes on.

Apparently Watchmen (using the movie versions) is going to come out this Summer, including an 18" tall Doctor Manhattan.

aeonic
PostPosted: Jun 10 2010 01:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's actually one that I'm not planning on picking up. I have the Chariot of Thor and the Invincible set on the list still (and they're both still at my local games store) but none of the Watchmen pieces are really very good except Manhattan, and his point cost is not only prohibitive, but I also think you can see his Doctor Manbits in the sculpt, and really, Clix wang? Too much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: