"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Dark Avengers

Reply to topic
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Mar 30 2010 01:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Been reading the shit out of this arc lately and IMHO it is one of the better ones Marvel has put out in recent memory.

Essentially...
Wikipedia wrote:
The government assigned the team's redevelopment to Norman Osborn (the reputedly reformed supervillain the Green Goblin) whom the government had previously assigned to head the superhero team the Thunderbolts and who had become a public hero for his role in repelling the Skrull threat. Osborn, also given leadership of the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D., reforms that agency into H.A.M.M.E.R. and creates a new Avengers team under its aegis.

Yea, how they portray Osborn is fantastic, the final issue comes out next month and I am super pumped.

Anyone else been checking this out at all?

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 31 2010 06:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

It seemed interesting, though I admit I get most of my plot summaries for these things from wikipedia. I picked up an issue of Avengers for Free Comic Book Day and thought the team itself was interesting. "What did Tony take armor design ideas from Iron Man?" Then I find out it's Osborn as the Iron Patriot.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Mar 31 2010 10:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Osborn is unbelievable in this arc, and then they cross it over with Uncanny X-Men like halfway through when Osborn also creates his team of Dark Xmen.

It's fantastic.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 31 2010 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't read this series, but I agree that what I'm reading of the Dark Avengers in Siege is awesome. I really, really hope they do something with THIS kind of Norman Osborn in the movies someday, and that they bring Willem Dafoe back to play him.

Dafoe as a power hungry, world-ruling leader of an evil super team? Yes please! Very Happy

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Trebloth
PostPosted: Apr 24 2010 09:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

*spoiler alerts*

So basically dark avengers has slowly been building up Sentry, and the payoff will be coming in Siege #4... I kinda feel like marvel is being forced to kill him off, but he is SUCH an interesting character, I really hope they don't. A lot of ppl can't stand him, but any doubters go and pick up the 2 sentry books, 'the sentry' and 'sentry reborn' they are both fantastic. They really have not been playing him up the way they should be, which is a shame =/

And I'll be really pissed if the avengers finally beat him with some stupid 'ok, thor, hit him with your lightning, ironman, use the unibeam, AND I'LL THROW MY SHIELD ALL AT THE SAME TIME' combo. that will be lame...
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Apr 24 2010 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

^ Well it may be cliche, but I can't think of a better way to symbolize the reunion of the Avenger's Big Three...which is, of course, exactly where the Heroic Age is going.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Trebloth
PostPosted: Apr 25 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still holding onto hope that the _real_ sentry will show up and beat the fuck out of the void. Its the same person, but they are also different... so its possible... maybe... hahah
Reply to topic

Jump to: