SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame - but why?

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 20 2009 08:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd induct Matt Bourne

All the other Doinks really sucked,,,Steve Keirn might get inducted one day as part of the Fabulous Ones and Steve Lombardi will probably get inducted because he was Patterson's boyfriend and has been working behind the scenes for WWE for 25 years.

Hell, if it weren't for Bourne's drug problems, I think he could've been on the same level as someone like Roddy Piper. The guy was incredibly talented on the mic and in the ring.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 20 2009 08:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They should induct Gangrel. Vampires are all the rage now, I'd probably watch wrestling if they actually brought The Brood back. Laughing

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 20 2009 09:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Unlikely. Vince supposedly killed Paul Burchill's pirate angle once it was brought to his attention that the character was similar to Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow.

Also, Gangrel was actually a licensed character. And Vince wouldn't want to pay White Wolf.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Dec 21 2009 01:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
dddddddd wrote:
how about dink the clown he also did amazing things with his gimmick

That raises an interesting question. What about Doink? Doink was played by like three different guys. Who do you induct? The character? All three performers? One of the performers?

I don't think Doink or any of the guys who (usually) played him are getting in. Keirn isn't getting in. Doink would be Borne's only shot at getting in. Lombardi may get in the WWE HOF as somebody who has been a part of the company for so long as sort of a novelty, but shouldn't because he had no drawing power and was never that good other than putting guys over. But if he did get in, it wouldn't be because of Doink.

The character itself probably won't get in. He wasn't around long enough. But it has been popular for guys to dress as Doink at random (Jericho). So the character really is bigger than any of the guys who ever played him. I guess he could get in because of this. But otherwise, I don't think the character has done enough. If you were going to put Doink in, I would induct the character and give mention to the guys who played him.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 21 2009 08:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still think it's cool that Vince is willing to induct Sting once he is finished with TNA, since WWE owns WCW, they are willing to put him the HoF. Also, it's nice to see that they are admitting again that the World Championship Title is the "NWA/WCW Big Gold Belt" with the new DVD release and all.
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Dec 23 2009 05:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
I still think it's cool that Vince is willing to induct Sting once he is finished with TNA, since WWE owns WCW, they are willing to put him the HoF. Also, it's nice to see that they are admitting again that the World Championship Title is the "NWA/WCW Big Gold Belt" with the new DVD release and all.

It's also pretty cool that he inducted Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Eddie Graham, and the Von Erichs.

thomastrioxin
Title: the twenty dollar man
PostPosted: Jan 14 2010 02:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

i was under the impression that sting didn't like vince and didn't go along with his storylines. but i could be wrong. inducting people from other brands whether alive or dead should still be honor enough no matter who makes the hall of fame. but i like the concept of it. where would you place a museum like this?

Just when you thought it was safe to be dead

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 14 2010 03:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sting and Vince have personal respect for one another, and most people who know Borden say the same.

As far as the actual HOF, I remember a rumor about Shane O Mac wanting it in Orlando a while back.

Bruno Sammartino has expressed his doubt over the HOF simply because there isn't an actual Hall...so MAYBE if they were to build one, maybe that fence could be mended.
thomastrioxin
PostPosted: Jan 14 2010 10:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

hmm florida would seem fitting. the only other place i could see them putting it is canada. personally i would put it in the philadelphia bingo hall heh.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Jan 14 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If they did build one it would be in either New York City or Stamford, Conn, as those are the Capitol Cities of the WWE empire.
thomastrioxin
PostPosted: Jan 14 2010 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i can see stamford conn. i mean they moved the studios that film jerry springer, steve wilkos, and maury there, and people that watch those (at least here in the south) definately watch wrestling. i mean i do.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 11 2010 01:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyways, since this is probably the right place to post it, both Ted Dibiase and Antonio Inoki are going into the HOF this year.

Outside of Jake "the Snake" Roberts, I can't see any other big name that is cool with WWE right now that could headline the HOF down the road unless they decide to start inducting Attitude Era guys.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Feb 11 2010 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rumors say that Ultimate Warrior may still be a upcoming possibility.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 11 2010 03:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hope so. I hate the man and I hate the character, but he's definantively one of the biggest stars of the 80's and early 90's.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 11 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I saw Jake the Snake at a shitty event at a shitty high school in a shitty town near here a few years ago. He looked like he was on drugs and it saddened me.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 12 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Looked like he's on drugs?

It's a guarentee that before the event he probably smoked, snorted, swallowed or injected something in him.
Reply to topic

Jump to: