SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Reading Reaper: My blog on Literature

Reply to topic
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Oct 04 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was only a matter of time before i started to do a blog. I'm on the internet everyday and I've been wanting to do one for a while now.

The problem since the beginning was what to review on the blog. Video game reviews have been a dime a dozen, so are snarky review on movies and just making a blog about random shit really seemed like . . . well every other blog out there.

If i was going to do a blog i wanted to do something that may not have been done much before but could also benefit me. For years i have been wanting to be a writer but my literacy is not as extensive as it could be to help me improve my writing, so i made my chose to do a blog on Literature. That way it would encourage me to read more and i can improve my writing skills by making a review of what i just read.

Since i was already on TGWTG, i decided to try their blog out and after monkeying with it with two throw away blogs i finally posted my prototype review for 'Reading Reaper':

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/blog/12023

Any feed back you guys can give me on the review will be greatly appreciated. Also i did add some jokes to the image's descriptions that don't seem to be popping up and if you have the same problem you may have to see them through the image's property menu. The jokes were for kicks anyway.

To be honest though, i do not care for the blog set up on TGWTG, especially how the loading process seems to glitch all the time. So i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a secondary blog site i could use.

I will still post reviews on TGWTG but i feel more at ease with a blog that is more efficient. Plus TGWTG has been having some problems with their blog lately. At the moment i have a paper do this Friday, so in the mean time if anyone would like to pitch a good blog site for me to get Reading Reaper going, please let me know.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Oct 04 2009 02:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll get back to you with feedback. Hey what's the dealio on blogging, can I do it for free? I've been wanting move out of myspace because everyone on my friends list refuse to read anything that isn't mafia wars related.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Nov 13 2009 04:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well it took long enough but i have started a blog. It has a lot of my random thoughts with it, i'm still trying to figure out the main focus but my Literature Review Series: Reading Reaper will continue here. For those of you who are interested, my first article can be found here:

http://nerddam.blogspot.com/

I plan on posting daily and other then literature, as the name implies, i'll also talk about nerdy stuff. For now i'm still getting use to even having a blog.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: