"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hey Everybody, Buy My Movie on DVD from Amazon.com

Reply to topic
tomrussell
Title: Chief Bottle -Washer
PostPosted: Apr 05 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Longtime lurker and occassional poster Tom Russell here. My wife and I made a movie a couple of years back and it's now on DVD. If anyone's interested, they can order a copy through Amazon.com. Here's three clips from the film, and they'll pretty much tell you whether it's your kind of thing or not.

Here's the back cover copy:

Quote:
Filmmakers Mary and Tom Russell create a compelling and tense portrait of a young marriage in The Man Who Loved. When his wife Sarah begins to act strangely, the laidback George takes the path of least resistance. But his passivity only widens the gulf between them. Implicit in the film's title are its two central questions: What does it mean to be a man? and What does it mean to love? George finds the answers one night when he must hurt Sarah in order to save her.

Newcomers Jacob Hildebrandt and Adrienne Patterson give sensitive and naturalistic performances in a film that is at once tough-minded yet unquestionably romantic. Directed with a sensual eye for moments of domestic beauty (the changing of bedsheets, the bruising of a plum) and written with a psychological deftness that eschews traditional plot structure in order to create a palpable but unnamable sense of tension, The Man Who Loved is a remarkable example of true cottage industry filmmaking.

And here's another little video that we made for YouTube in which my wife and I talk briefly about the making of the film and our decision to distribute it ourselves.

Thanks for your time, and as a smarter man than me once said, go and serve pop culture.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 06 2009 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty interesting... I'll give it a shot. Might try and see if I can get it off Netflix before I commit to buying it though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
tomrussell
PostPosted: Apr 06 2009 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Looks pretty interesting... I'll give it a shot. Might try and see if I can get it off Netflix before I commit to buying it though.

Well, thanks, Syd!

If you can't get it on Netflix, it should be available on Amazon's VOD service (which allows you to rent it for two or three dollars so you can try-before-you-buy) in about six weeks time.

==Tom
tomrussell
PostPosted: Apr 18 2009 03:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Our film The Man Who Loved was on sale on dvd for $19.99. We've slashed the price (and our royalties) by twenty-five percent. That's one geniune DVD-R copy of our film, complete with its handsome packaging and our eight-minute bonus feature, for only $15.00.

This change in price is already reflected on our CreateSpace page: https://www.createspace.com/263357 (super-secret tip: we get a larger royalty with CreateSpace than with Amazon). As of this moment, the Amazon page still reflects the original price but that should change soon.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 25 2009 05:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

tomrussell wrote:
My wife and I made a movie a couple of years back and it's now on DVD.

Cool
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Aug 26 2009 07:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
tomrussell wrote:
My wife and I made a movie a couple of years back and it's now on DVD.

Cool

The Flyin' Jew made me add this.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 26 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

man, I remember when we FIRST got that emoticon. I'm glad to see it's still around.

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Aug 28 2009 06:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
man, I remember when we FIRST got that emoticon. I'm glad to see it's still around.

Don't forget that I recommended it!
AND The Donkey Kong one.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: