"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Villains

Reply to topic
TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: May 19 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ryan Reynolds. The man has charisma, comic timing, the physique, and the nerd enthusiam. He was all but grown in a lab to play a wisecracking superhero. Deadpool happens to be one of the best choices available. Flash would also work, but Gorilla grod would not work as a villain and the movie would be an on screen abortion.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: May 19 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, thanks for the vide, IceWarm. It was almost as if Reynolds was saying "The fuckers fucked up Deadpool in the Wolverine movie, god help them if they do it again in the Deadpool movie"

I would post the Deadpool for kids comic review from I-Mockery, but apparently at the moment the site is having some tech difficulties:

http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies/

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 19 2009 02:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

IceWarm wrote:
I haven't seen Wolverine but Ryan Reynolds is a really funny guy. Plus apparently he is a huge Deadpool fan and I read somewhere he said he probably wouldn't do the Deadpool movie if they messed it up. The only reason I want to even see Wolverine is for the Wade Wilson parts with Reynolds.

Here is an interview with Ryan Reynolds about Deadpool, this was before the spin-off was announced but he is definately the guy I wany to play him. Listen to the part near the end where he says that it would be his dream to do a totally faithful movie of the Deadpool character...breaking the forth wall, and all that.

God I love him.

Honestly though, I disagree that they fucked up Deadpool in Wolverine. The Wade Wilson character was fine imho. He didn't have enough screen time to really develop, but this was Wolverine's movie (and they're giving Pool his own) so I'm not gonna bitch about that. As for Weapon XI...well...it's kind of weird the way they've set things up, but I'm willing to see what they bring to the table before I tear it apart. I know I really, really liked the Weapon XI character; it just wasn't Pool. If they find a decent way to get from that, to the Pool I know and love, I'll go with it.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 20 2009 08:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
Dr. Doom greater than Lex Luther?

I contest that.

The rest of the Top 10 is okay.

While Lex Luther is certainly an evil genius (Who also become president), Doom is dictator of his own sovereign nation, also an evil genius, and a time traveling master of black magic who may replace Dr. Strange as Sorcerer Supreme.

As for Magneto as #1 on the list, I can see that, especially over the Joker which a lot of people on IGN were bitching about. The Joker is psychotic and happy to kill people, but he also could be killed very easily by Batman. Not only is killing Magneto a much harder task, but he's also capable of so much more. For example:
I believe we're about 36 hours into those 3 days, and he's killed at least a billion people, if not more. (And not all of it was just orchestrated from that throne, he took the time to snap Professor X's neck himself)

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Replis
PostPosted: Aug 08 2009 09:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Doom should be the first. Read SECRET WARS if you contest that!
Reply to topic

Jump to: