"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Starting a website, help

Reply to topic
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Dec 15 2005 03:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, a friend of mine and I have decided to start a website of our own, but our site sucks. The design is ugly and completely non-functional. Any tips?

http://www.teammerica.com/

This is the cover page for a comics section authored by me, it's all bullshit I drew on my notebook in college.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 15 2005 07:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure... you definitely need to do something though. I guess the first question would be what sort of content are you planning to have? You've mentioned comics and I saw something about an ORPG, anything else?

If that is the best that Tiki Wiki can do, you might want to try playing around with some other web software. Wordpress is fairly versatile... Or you can try playing around with Tiki some more. Adding some color and a graphic on the frontpage will definitely help. There are usually all sorts of skins and mods for stuff like Tiki, you might want to look into that... maybe someone has already done the groundwork for you.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Dec 15 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

All my websites look like shit. And it looks like you got php going which is one more than me. Despite the fact I'm running five different websites at the moment, I can give you little to no advice.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Dec 15 2005 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I, personally, can offer you no advice as I am horrible with graphic-related things. My friend, who is in charge of the graphics/design for our site, could probably give you some tips. He won $5000 in a web site design contest a few years ago, so I'm pretty sure you can trust what he says. That was when he only knew HTML. Now he knows php, css, and javascript. I'm going to see him this weekend, so I'll have him look at your site and I'll take some notes on what he says.

RIP Hacker.

Reply to topic

Jump to: