Reply to topic
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Apr 27 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

You play it in a deck with:
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Chain Lightning
4x Lava Spike
That's already 9 cards that do 3 damage for 1 mana. I think there's another besides Shard Volley, because you don't play that in favor of Fireblast.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Apr 28 2009 03:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
And Zarak, I think the release artwork for Knight of New Alara is a LOT better, though neither Dragon Broodmother artwork is that great.

Are you kidding me? The release art is simplistic, plain and blocky, it's like how a five year old draws a knight. This is just further proof that you have no taste.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Apr 28 2009 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Would a guy who has no taste just have bought season 3 of the Venture Brothers? I think not!

UsaSatsui wrote:

Black Zarak
PostPosted: Apr 28 2009 05:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, a guy with taste would have bought it when it first came out like a month ago.

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Apr 29 2009 08:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just because a guy has taste doesn't mean he always has money when he makes it to somewhere that sells new DVD's since he no longer has the "luxury" of working next to a Target like you and Syd.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Asmodeous667
Title: Keeper of the briefcase
PostPosted: May 03 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to pick up a box of these on friday and I was amazed by the fact that I pulled 6 mythic cards out of one box! and only one of them was a foil! I think I really like this new set and can't wait to try out the cards in some of my decks to see how well they work out for me.

Good....... Bad......... I'm the guy with the gun

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: May 04 2009 01:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Asmodeous667 wrote:
I decided to pick up a box of these on friday and I was amazed by the fact that I pulled 6 mythic cards out of one box!

You missed the glory days of WWE Raw Deal. Mythic Rares basically equaled Ultra Rares. Originally 2 to a box was the norm and eventually got upped to 4-5.

HOWEVER, every 6 boxes or so(case) there was a "Hot Pack", a booster filled completely with nothing but Ultra Rares. When MtG goes there, I may buy it bulk again.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Asmodeous667
PostPosted: May 04 2009 03:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't really see wanting to buy in bulk for the mythics in this set though, I see more potential comming from some of the rares and uncommons that the mythics. Now having said that, I really want to get my hands on a Malestrom Nexus for a cascade deck and Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund. I see great potential with Karrthus mixed with something like Shields of Velis Vel to change all your oponents creatures into shapeshifters, taking control of them and using their own creatures to crush them.
That would be a great combo to pull off since I play with Knyte and he just figured out how to make an infinite number of elves in his stinking elf deck.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: May 04 2009 08:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Asmodeous667 wrote:
I can't really see wanting to buy in bulk for the mythics in this set though, I see more potential comming from some of the rares and uncommons that the mythics. Now having said that, I really want to get my hands on a Malestrom Nexus for a cascade deck and Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund. I see great potential with Karrthus mixed with something like Shields of Velis Vel to change all your oponents creatures into shapeshifters, taking control of them and using their own creatures to crush them.
That would be a great combo to pull off since I play with Knyte and he just figured out how to make an infinite number of elves in his stinking elf deck.

If you're going to be dropping 8 mana on something to take all the critters on the board, you may as well go with 1 card and color and go with Insurrection.

My big "Holy wow!" Timmy Mythic this set is Sen Triplets.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 04 2009 08:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

This set is super fun. I don't really want to do block draft with though. I'd rather do Shards/Reborn sealed.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: May 04 2009 08:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

If your foil mythic rare was anything besides Thraximundar, I totally want it.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Asmodeous667
PostPosted: May 04 2009 06:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got Lord of Extinction for my foil mythic. I pulled two of these out of that box. He can get pretty damn burly if played in a miller deck.

Asmodeous667
PostPosted: May 04 2009 07:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Asmodeous667 wrote:

If you're going to be dropping 8 mana on something to take all the critters on the board, you may as well go with 1 card and color and go with Insurrection.

That works just as well too I was just looking for ways to combo the cards out of the new set.
I got one of the sen triplets too, I just havent found a home for it yet in a deck. I'm thinking about building a total control deck to put it in.

Black Zarak
PostPosted: May 04 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Asmodeous667 wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
Asmodeous667 wrote:

That works just as well too I was just looking for ways to combo the cards out of the new set.
I got one of the sen triplets too, I just havent found a home for it yet in a deck. I'm thinking about building a total control deck to put it in.

There's also a little something called "style" Usa; sure, you could play Insurrection, but it's way more impressive to turn everything into dragons and steal them that way. That play has far more panache

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: May 04 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
There's also a little something called "style" Usa; sure, you could play Insurrection, but it's way more impressive to turn everything into dragons and steal them that way. That play has far more panache

Yes, true.

I feel the same way when I Radiate my Ray of Commands.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 06 2009 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Asmodeous667 wrote:

You're just pissed that my mighty elf deck just went from 85 cards down to 60 cards and became ten times more deadly.

I just wish it wasn't a Extended deck now. Before it was Standard legal.

But... if they bring Intruder Alarm back from 8th edition into 2010, I'm set.
Reply to topic

Jump to: