[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Kiss Me Deadly

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure this was the alternate ending to My Girl. People with peanut allergies irritate me.The public school system in my hometown recently banned peanut butter because there are a handful of kids with severe peanut butter allergies. That's bullshit. I never would have passed the 4th grade without PB&J sandwiches and Reese's cups.

Teen With Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss

SAGUENAY, Quebec - A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.

Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.

An autopsy was being performed. Dr. Nina Verreault, an allergist at the Chicoutimi Hospital in Saguenay, declined to comment on the case.

The symptoms of peanut allergy can include hives, plunging blood pressure and swelling of the face and throat, which can block breathing.

Peanut allergies have been rising in recent decades. The reason remains unclear but one study found that baby creams or lotions with peanut oil may cause children to develop allergies later in life.

About 1.5 million Americans are severely allergic to even the smallest trace of peanuts and peanut allergies account for 50 to 100 deaths in the United States each year. Canadian figures were not immediately available.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
OctoMan
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 03:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
People with peanut allergies irritate me.The public school system in my hometown recently banned peanut butter because there are a handful of kids with severe peanut butter allergies. That's bullshit. I never would have passed the 4th grade without PB&J sandwiches and Reese's cups.

I completely agree (I keep saying that lately...). I LIVED on peanut butter when I was a kid. No, seriously.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 03:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, a news story that I knew about before it was on the boards.

I too consumed approximately one PB sandwich everyday I was in elementary school. I attribute this diet, (and not eating the crust), as the primary reason for my inability to grow chest hair.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 04:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I'll eat half a jar of peanut butter and then I'll got to a public place, like a mall or something, and breathe on strangers in the hopes that they'll die.

OK, I just made that up. But it's not a terrible idea.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
OctoMan
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 05:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe that would make a great advertising campaign!

PEANUT BUTTER: PROTEIN PLUS THE POWER OF LIFE AND DEATH!
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, someone get that girl a Darwin Award!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

man,im not a big fan of peanut butter in the first place. i was more of a Jam Sammich mofo. but thats bogus. Oh well,the girl has felt the noodly touch of the almighty Flying spagetti monster,and shes in pasta-farian utopia frollocking with men in full pirate regalia. Long live FSM

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Nov 29 2005 03:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Allergic to peanuts, huh? Imagine if George Washington Carver had been allergic to peanuts? The elementary school system would be infinitely more chaotic because kids wouldn't shut their yapper, both bitching about nothing good for lunch and because they wouldn't have the peanut butter to hinder their mouth movements.. I would probably not exist as I do today because of peanut butter and I'm sure everyone else feels the same. If she's allergic to peanuts, I think she deserves, i.e. SotF.

On FSM, I bet that girl isn't going to care too much for the Beer Volcano and the Stripper Factory.

RIP Hacker.

B.B.King
PostPosted: Nov 29 2005 06:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rycona wrote:

On FSM, I bet that girl isn't going to care too much for the Beer Volcano and the Stripper Factory.

Fuck that,Jive turkey. everybody loves a good stripper factory.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Nov 30 2005 10:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I feel evil for a laughing a little bit about that story.

I love peanut butter. I dub it Paste of the Gods. It's healthy, cheap, and tastes great in just about anything, or by itself. Poor allergy kids don't know what they're missing.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Nov 30 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

SamanthaMcPoopenstein wrote:

I love peanut butter. I dub it Paste of the Gods. It's healthy, cheap, and tastes great in just about anything, or by itself. Poor allergy kids don't know what they're missing.

Well t hey probably do know what they're missing, as the main (only?) cause of peanut allergy is eating too many peanuts at a very young age.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

B.B.King
PostPosted: Nov 30 2005 04:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
SamanthaMcPoopenstein wrote:

Well t hey probably do know what they're missing, as the main (only?) cause of peanut allergy is eating too many peanuts at a very young age.

actually i watched a thing on Cnn and they said that that USED to be the most common cause,but now its hereditary and lots of kids are just born with it now.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 30 2005 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One news story I read said that using baby lotions made with peanut oil or breastfeeding a children when you have a moderate to significant amount of peanut in your diet can fuck the kid up.
Reply to topic

Jump to: