SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Michael Bay must die. (Jetfire from Transformers 2)

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 07:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One of my all time favorite Transformers was Jetfire:

He combined two of my favorite things: Transformers and Robotech. Jetfire was copied from the Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie fighter mech toy mold. Badass, right?

Look what he is going to be in "Transformers 2: Michael Bays Take Another Shit On Your Childhood*":

A robot that is so old, he walks with a cane!!! WTF!?!

According to Michael "Childrapist" Bay Jetfire is:
“an old Transformer who loses screws and bolts at every move” and is voiced by John Turturro.

SR-71 = Cool

Everything else about it = Makes me want to kill.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 08:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's a cool toy and concept but the originals are way better, he should have just made all new characters, but then again fans probably wouldn't like that either so... I dunno. Confused

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 09:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A cane?! That makes no fucking sense.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus tapdancing Christ, I love SR-71 Blackbirds very much. But for god's sake, why is Jetfire presented to be as old as Satan's asscrack?

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

why would a robot need a cane? thats fucking retarded.

then again, one of the autobots did 'pee' so to speak. sigh.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 02:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was about to say that it looked like a Veritech. I haven't watched Transformers since I was about three, no wonder I never made the connection. But yeah, that's a travesty. I love Veritechs, and a transformer based on a veritech is just ten different kinds of awesome. The new Transformer designs don't interest me that much anyway...

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Tyop
Title: Grammar Nazi
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 06:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

I heard that Jetfire's main function in the movie is to repeatedly tell the other Transformers to get off Cheesy Beefy's lawn. He's also supposed to suffer from urinary incontinence which causes him to leak oil all the time.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Retarded. Completely and utterly retarded. When the hell will this movie saga be over?

I mean, that old design still holds up awesomely today.

(yes, I only jumped in the thread because this particular Transformer's based on a Valkyrie from Macross, what of it?)

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

But the Blackbird is pretty badass....

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

jackfrost
Title: Cold Hearted Bastard
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew Man wrote:
But the Blackbird is pretty badass....

From a nostalgic point of view I don't like it, but I have to admit if I was a kid in this day and age I would be all over that figure. I honestly don't think it is possible to make a live action movie without pissing off the die-hard fans of the original cartoon though, no matter who the director is.

[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/akajackfrost/megaman.jpg[/img]

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 12:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but who ever heard of a geriatric Blackbird?

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 01:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Neutral-bob wrote:
Yeah, but who ever heard of a geriatric Blackbird?

I thought the exact same thing.

It seems oxymoronic that a robot that has to walk with a cane just happens to be able to turn into one of the fastest planes ever constructed....then again, look at Yoda, lol.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 02:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If he is really old, then he should turn into a B-17 or something. The SR-71 entered service in 1964, so the real plane is only 45 years old.

The B-17 entered service in 1938, so it would be 71 years old.

But, I digress...
jackfrost
Title: Cold Hearted Bastard
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They apparently do have an older plane in the movie from what I just read (I haven't been following this movie's progress at all so it may be old).

[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/akajackfrost/megaman.jpg[/img]

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 07:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Neutral-bob wrote:
I was about to say that it looked like a Veritech. I haven't watched Transformers since I was about three, no wonder I never made the connection. But yeah, that's a travesty. I love Veritechs, and a transformer based on a veritech is just ten different kinds of awesome. The new Transformer designs don't interest me that much anyway...

Transformers Animated Starscream's alt mode looks very close to a YF-19 "Alpha One" from Macross Plus.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Neutral-bob wrote:

Transformers Animated Starscream's alt mode looks very close to a YF-19 "Alpha One" from Macross Plus.
I never watched Macross Plus. I am an avid Robotech fan though. I read all of the books and I have the Protoculture collection as well. I love the Macross and Invid Invasion sets, but the Masters set is kind of dull. Is Macross any good? I already know the backstory about how they used Macross, Southern Cross, and Genisis Climber Mospeada to make the series, but I never actually looked into Macross as it's own series.

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The original Jetfire wasn't based on a Veritech, it WAS a Veritech. Well, the same mold at any rate.

I actually kind of like movie Jetfire. Not as Jetfire by any means and I intend to never display him with his cane, but as another character, he'd be alright. I was talking to Syd about this today actually and pointed out that it's fucking retarded that a robot have a cane because he's old; he's a fucking robot! If his parts get worn out, he can just replace them!

The bi-plane guy looks like ten different kinds of awesome, pretty sure he's not actually in the movie though.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Mar 26 2009 03:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Judging from the head I'm assuming that it was the mold for Roy's Veritech. The four guns mounted on it's head is what gives it away.

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Mar 27 2009 07:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
One of my all time favorite Transformers was Jetfire:

Holy shit, I have that toy! I got it from a huge box of my Uncle's old legos and toys.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Mar 28 2009 01:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Neutral-bob wrote:
lordsathien wrote:
Neutral-bob wrote:

I never watched Macross Plus. I am an avid Robotech fan though. I read all of the books and I have the Protoculture collection as well. I love the Macross and Invid Invasion sets, but the Masters set is kind of dull. Is Macross any good? I already know the backstory about how they used Macross, Southern Cross, and Genisis Climber Mospeada to make the series, but I never actually looked into Macross as it's own series.

I almost missed this.

But yes, it's definitely worth watching, specificially the timeline ones: The original series (specifically the movie, Do You Remember Love) Macross Plus, Macross 7 (only if you're a real fan), Zero, and the latest one, Frontier. Half of them don't even have English releases, so torrents are your best friend here.

And your ava is pro, but we already have someone here by the name of Char Aznable =p

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Mar 29 2009 02:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, thanks! I always wondered what the real story was in Macross. When I first found out that Robotech was an American creation I was stunned. I think I will look into Macross.

I kind of figured that. I remember seeing him when I lost the internet some time back. Oh well, the picture stays, I'm a big fan of Char (from the series, not the board member). Not only that, but I always have good luck when I use the name Char in my games.

Reply to topic

Jump to: