"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Lottel and the Deadpool Toys

Reply to topic
Lottel
Title: of the Eternal BWOG
PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So I went to target today because I need some batteries and things.
I stopped by the toys and saw they had their wolverine toys out. With Deadpool everywhere. So I bought the 3.5 inch Deadpool and the Superhero Squad packages. One has comic Deadpool, Sabretooth, Pheonix, and Wolverine.
The other has movie Deadpool, Logan, Motorcycle, and Victor Creed.

The 3.5" inch Deadpool is fantastic. Not exactly sure which comic he is from. I think for the most part it is the latest series because of the head and most of the body, but he has a chest harness and some of his markings are from older stuff. So it is a mix and match series thing and I like it.
Best part about it is the extras. He has: Pistol, Sai, Some sort of automatic rifle, and his two katanas. The harness also comes off. So I'll include that too. But the best part about those is the swords and pistol all fit on his body either in a pouch or on his back in sheaths. That is nice.

Superhero Squad: ComicStyle is nice. The Deadpool has two swords in his hands and two more on his back and he is OOOLD school Deadpool from the looks of the costume. Wolverine is the brown/gold version with a particularly win sneer. The sabretooth is pretty meh. Bad expression with no emotion and isn't... big enough for my liking. Pheonix is nice in white and gold. She's got a smug look on her face. Cool thing is she has a giant flame pheonix attacked to her so she is flying. Pretty neat but limited (for play), I think.
Back of the box calls everyone inside an X-Men. And shows Deadpool, Wolvie, and Pheonix fighting Sabretooth. That is kind of weird. I mean, I know they've fought together a couple times, but they've also fought against each other too. So whatever. I am happy DP is getting some love. On the bottom is shows the movie squad and "Battling the Brotherhood" Squad. That squad has Wolverine, Iceman, Colossus, and the Blob. One bad guy? And they give us the Blob? Sigh.

Superhero Squad: Movie! Sigh. Depressing. First of all: packaging. You can't see Deadpool. He is tucked into a corner. All you can see is a skin fist and a long claw coming out of the back of the hand. By turning the box to and fro you can see the rest of the figure but man. That is disappointing. He is topless and doesn't even have tattoos really. He has some thin lines about him. And he has this dopey halfsmile. Logan is wearing all brown and has bone claws. So this is a pretty young one I assume. He is smiling. Biiiig smile. Victor creed is also hidden but not as much as Deadpool. His claws are tiny and round and his hair is short and slicked back. He is wearing all black so you know he is a bad guy. But he has a friendly face and a huge smile so.. Confused And... Motorcyle. The packed in a motorcylce. And it is huge. Wolverine can kind of sit on it and one of his hands can grasp the handle while the other one just kind of flips you off with his claws. I don't like it. It's pretty stupid and unnecessary and hides two of the toys in the corner.
Worst part is the pacakging. I hate the fact that it says "With the ultimate mutant, Deadpool, on the loose, Logan and Victor Creed are forced to team up - Or be destroyed" Because "ULTIMATE MUTANT?" DEADPOOL? Lies. Deadpool can beat wolverine and creed together? Lies. A motorcycle is in there... why? But the other squads on the back are neat and I plan on buying the "Hunt for Mr. Sinister" Pack for Cable... So I can recreate scenes from Cable and Deadpool. Other one is "The Coming of Apocolypse" which not only doesn't interest me, but has the same Wolverine as the other Squad I have. Except that wolverine has this face :I

EDIT: Pictures coming as soon as I find my damn camera.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Mar 24 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Deadpool is nowhere close to being the "Ultimate Mutant". That'd be Onslaught, or The Phoenix.

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Mar 25 2009 08:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrry, I wanna see the pics.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Reply to topic

Jump to: