SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Red Shirt. Because Tomorrow May Never Come.

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 05 2009 02:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

From http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/04/trek-spring-collection-preview-first-look-at-genki-star-trek-fragrances/

3 Star Trek colognes coming out.

Tiberius
The Tiberius cologne, named in honor of the Mirror Universe James T. Kirk’s challenges users to "Boldly Go" with a perfume described as being spiked with "notes of freshness and sensuality." According to Genki Wear, the perfume has sweet citron zest, black pepper, and cedar as its top notes (top notes refers to those scents that are noticeable first) and warm vanilla, white musk, and sandalwood as its base notes (scents perceived last, usually about a half hour after application). Genki Wear promises that "Tiberius Cologne for men is difficult to define and impossible to refuse" which is also a pretty good description of the Mirror Kirk himself.

Command your essence with Tiberius, the cologne.

Red Shirt
Genki’s "Red Shirt" cologne (whose tag line "Because Tomorrow May Never Come" is priceless) celebrates the sacrifices of those often nameless crew of the USS Enterprise. Described appropriately as a cologne for those with a "devotion to living each day as it could be your last" the cologne has top notes of green mandarin, bergamot, and lavender, with base notes of leather and grey musk.

Live every day as if it could be your last, with ‘Red Shirt’ cologne.

Both the Tiberius and Red Shirts are 100ml (3.4 oz) quality colognes built from long lasting fragrances for men, and will retail for $30-40 depending on the department or retail store.

Pon Farr
The most risqué titled of the new Star Trek fragrances is "Ponn Farr" which is a perfume designed to "drive him wild." It should only be used once every seven years (okay, that isn’t true). Named for the Vulcan mating ritual first introduced in the episode "Amok Time," this perfume is one of the newly designed products meant to appeal to female fans. More details and an image on Ponn Farr will be available soon.

A Star Trek First
While there was a cologne included in the 1996 Star Trek First Contact travel set (that also included a wallet and soap), this is the first time that Star Trek is getting a first class fragrance treatment in the perfume area. The First Contact cologne had a generic label and was in an inexpensive plastic bottle. The Genki Wear line, however, includes uniquely designed containers and specially crafted boxes, as well as carefully prepared fragrances that the company believes is comparable to Chanel or Cartier. What is especially exciting about this line is that it has something that most Star Trek products don’t…a practical purpose. Not only are fans getting a collectible, it is a collectible that could and should be used. It is also nice because it allows the partners of Star Trek fans (whether fans or not) to buy this perfume for that special "Captain Kirk" in their lives.

All the Star Trek fragrances will be available this April at department and retail stores, and at online retailers. Genki Wear has invited Trekmovie.com readers to send their questions or suggestions to them at questions@genkiwear.com regarding this and possible future fragrances.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 05 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, this is kinda silly.

I don't wear cologne, but I'm intrigued....
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Mar 05 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've been looking to switch up my cologne. This my be the route I take...

RIP Hacker.

IceWarm
PostPosted: Mar 05 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I love Star Trek, I may get some of these just for the novelty of it.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: