"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Got Sheet Music?

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Dec 04 2006 01:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

You heard the question. Do you have it? Is it correct? Are the accidentals labelled probably according to theory? Are the key signatures correct? Does somebody not know what a mixed meter is?

These are questions I ask myself anytime I'm looking online for sheet music/tabs for video games and other things. I can't tell you how many times I've seen sheet music or tabs that were horribly incorrect for any number of reasons:

Wrong key
No sense of rhythm
No labelled rhythm for more complex parts
Ignorance to meter/tempo changes
Wrong notes
Completely different song

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to e-mail people and tell them to stop trying to notate music. For years, I've been bitching on and on about how people should have to take some kind of basic theory test in order to post any musically notated material on collective/archival websites. I decided that the best measure (Get it? MEASURE? HA!) against this was to make the notations myself. I mean, sure, I'm not perfect, but I know music theory and I'm open to corrections if anyone disagrees with my interpretations or arrangements. If you do so though, prepare to back up your claim, whatever it may be.

Here are the first three files available:

Bubble Bobble
Dragon Warrior Full Castle
Willow Town

Included in each is a PDF file of the sheet music and a MIDI that is derived directly from that sheet music.

If you have any comments, concerns, quiche, requests, mentionings, money to hand out, questions, queries, quips, quasars, suggestions, food, and/or comments, please let me know. I have my general contact info on my profile on this site.

I hope to have a page running off use-bombs or something particularly for my music.

EDIT - If you wish to know why I labelled the Dragon Warrior song "Full Castle", please check my post on Use-Bombs.

http://www.use-bombs.com/archives/2006/12/use-bombs/news-and-more-news/

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 04 2006 06:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I feel your pain. I was trying to find the piano tabs for Biz Markie's "Just A Friend" so I could annoy the holy hell out of friends and family with it, but the only tab I could find online was terrible.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Dec 04 2006 02:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did some more music this morning, so I figure I'll add to this post. Here they are:

Final Fantasy Opening
Sonic Green Hill Zone
Sonic Bonus Stage

Be careful on the Final Fantasy Opening. You'll most likely have to switch back and forth on what hand plays which staff.

Any feedback is welcome.... except NEGATIVE FEEDBACK... just kidding... or am I? Let me know what you think.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 06 2006 06:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I made my sister play the Bubble Bobble theme. It was fucking awesome. Very Happy
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Dec 06 2006 08:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I feel your pain. I was trying to find the piano tabs for Biz Markie's "Just A Friend" so I could annoy the holy hell out of friends and family with it, but the only tab I could find online was terrible.

doesn't help if you werelooking for piano tabs, not actually music. I'm sure piano tabs exist, and they're probably as retarded as guitar tabs. I'm very opposed to people trying to read stuff but not actually learn the staff.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Reply to topic

Jump to: