"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Batman: The Long Halloween

Reply to topic
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Dec 31 2008 05:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

may contain spoilers:

I just finished reading it and it is by far the best batman graphic novel i have ever read. I literally could not put it down. Everything about it was well executed. I liked the inclusion of all the major batman villains (although the penguins cameo was hollow).

The big question remains . . . who is Holiday?

Of course their has to be more then one Holiday . . . Antonio, Gilda and Dent seem to be the main culprits. The problem is i believe Antonio faked his death to hide from the real Holiday and is only taking the credit for the fame.

Gilda thought Harvey was responsible for killing Antonio but it's obvious Antonio was not murdered so there are holes in her assumption. I'm almost convinced that Gilda was responsible for all but Maroni. The Riddler did state that the handgun was perfect for a woman. Although Gilda does make the claim that someone after the new years killing took her place. Plus Holiday had to be a sharp shooter and it is never stated the marksmanship of any of the suspects.

Why did Holiday spare the Riddler? To have one of the craziest villains in Gotham know the answer to the greatest mystery? He had to have seen who it was. At least give a decent description but yet in his terror he never reveals to batman who Holiday is. It could be the riddler is being selfish and wishes to keep the secret to his grave.

Who do you think Holiday is?

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

JStrangiato
Title: El Hombre Strangiato
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I also have The Long Halloween, it's damned good. Gotta love where Dent [SPOILERS AHEAD] gets his face splashed with acid, becoming Two-Face. As for the identity of Holiday, there were two of them as stated by Two-Face/Dent, and I think Dent, Gilda, and Alberto are all viable suspects. I'm pretty sure Gilda was one of them given the last few pages, but I'm not exactly going to bust my brain trying to figure it out. Pity I left my copy back in San Antonio. Eh, I'll be back in a week.

My music/humor blog (R.I.P.): http://lavidastrangiato.blogspot.com/
Chondra "Mrs. Claudio" Sanchez on Enshin a.k.a. Jake Strangiato wrote:
I really like this person.

Reply to topic

Jump to: