[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Warehouse worker destroys LeBron at H-O-R-S-E

Reply to topic
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 04 2008 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Shown here at some trick shot challenge sponsored by Cub Cadet — your number one stop for premium outdoor power equipment — smiles David Kalb, a warehouse worker from La Habra, California and LeBron James, a four-time NBA All-Star and Olympic gold medalist. I assume you know who's who.

Kalb, left (you're welcome), won an online contest — thanks to this ridiculous shot — to play H-O-R-S-E against LeBron at Venice Beach yesterday. Like an '07 Spurs team, Kalb destroyed The King.

"Kalb's bag of trick shots including one where he bounced the ball very high in the lane, raced around the goal post, caught the ball as it came down, and tossed it in the basket. James missed his try, and after losing the first game, declared best two-of-three. Each made, among other shots, left-handed free throws, but Kalb went on to win the second game as well.

After he missed his final shot, James tossed the ball away in mock anger."
Marcel at SLAM thinks this beach exhibition is precisely why stars no longer want to take part in All-Star Saturday night festivities like the dunk contest or H-O-R-S-E, which the NBA is contemplating adding: "LeBron loses to a nobody in September and it makes national headlines; just imagine what he'd have to go through if he lost with millions of eyeballs tuning in."

Yeah, that, and H-O-R-S-E sucks to watch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Warehouse-worker-destroys-LeBron-at-H-O-R-S-E?urn=nba,105511

dreams can come true. or something

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 04 2008 08:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There is a big difference between standing around doing trick shots, and playing full 5-on-5 on the NBA level.

Still awesome for bragging rights, though.
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Sep 04 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hahahaha

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Sep 05 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

That dude got mad pussy that night. Imagine "And then he said 2 out of 3, and I kicked his ass... again. That's right, I'm just that good"

Reply to topic

Jump to: