"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
"Manny Ramirez To David Ortiz: 'Road Trip"

Reply to topic
Cattivo
PostPosted: May 28 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Onion wrote:
SOMEWHERE ALONG I-65—Best buddies Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz, both of whom find themselves at professional crossroads and both desperately wanting to rekindle their friendship, decided on Sunday that a soul-searching road trip was the key to resolving their personal problems.

"I called David and I said, 'David! Hey, David! It's Manny. Road trip, man! Let's do this!' And he said, 'Okay,' and now he is with me in the car here," Ramirez told reporters in a cell phone interview while driving on the interstate. "Papi isn't hitting so good, and I'm not even playing, and we miss each other and love each other, and because we play on different baseball teams now, I play on the Los Angeles Dodgers, and he plays for the Boston Red Sox, I think, and we don't get to spend quality time with each other like we did when we played on the same team, you know?"

"Uh-oh, it says Corvette Museum next right. I got to go, man," Ramirez added. "Hey, Papi, do we have any more Slim Jims?"...

Read the rest of it, it's great: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/manny_ramirez_to_david_ortiz_road?utm_source=a-section
Little Mac
PostPosted: May 28 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They have been KILLING the Red Sox over at The Onion lately. It's pretty much the only publication that I can support doing that. Pretty funny stuff.

Fear the pink sweatsuit.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: May 29 2009 02:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

This.

(I couldn't find the more recent one, which does "50 ways to leave your lover", but this works)
Reply to topic

Jump to: