[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Random TNA thoughts

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 12 2009 05:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA has changed "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels onscreen name to "Daniels". The reason? Chris owns the trademark on his other name, so TNA wanted him to use a name trademarked by him. Pretty idiotic. Just calling him Daniels sounds dumb.

I don't normally like girls with tattoos, especially lots of tattoos, but Daffney is awesome.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: May 12 2009 06:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was about time they decided to let Christopher Daniels wrestle as himself (or half of it, perhaps?) and also to drop the whole The Governor stuff around Daffney. Next step should be make Samoa Joe return to his usual self and not another savage samoan.

I'll share my thoughts about TNA too...
I still don't know why they signed with Jenna Morasca, from Survivor: Amazon. Like if someone cared about her.

I also don't get why the heck they want SUICIDE to be the X-Division Champion. I mean, it's the freaking GIMMICK who's the champion, and it came from that God-forbidden game of the company. probably this means that neither Christopher Daniels nor Frankie Kazarian can be legally former champions while under the SUICIDE moniker.

About Russo... yes, he's a damn retard. http://www.vincerussowatcheshisbeardgrow.com

Roxxi got fired because she argued with Rhaka Khan and, according to sources, she's blowing Kurt Angle now, meaning that she has free access to do whatever she wants as long as she's along the biggest politician on the company.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 12 2009 07:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The video game wasn't bad. It was a little rushed, but given Midway's financial state, it had to be. The lack of knockouts and Petey Williams was shameful, but the game is fun for what it is. If they can build on that engine and diversify the moves, they could have a great game on their hands instead of something that's only fun for TNA marks.

Samoa Joe needs to lose the facepaint, definitely.

Suicide is champion because TNA won a prestigious marketing award for creating him. It was like Most Innovative Marketing Idea of 2008 or something like that. That's why he's getting pushed. Though he seems to be on the way out with the whole "Daniels Is Suicide" thing.

Khan and Angle broke up before the incident. There are conflicting reports as to what happened. Some sources are saying that Roxxi quit because of how the incident was initially handled. But the feeling backstage is that Khan definitely got preferential treatment due to her association with Angle.

If Jenna is actually going to wrestle, I don't mind her being in the company. If she's just going to be Nash's valet, then fuck her.

Where the hell is Jim Cornette? Has he been released? I liked him a lot as the face of TNA management.

And why isn't Shark Boy on TV? The fans fucking love him.

Is Dr. Stevie ever going to wrestle? I loved Stevie in ECW, and the Right To Censor angle in WWF was pretty funny too.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 12 2009 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, word with Samoa Joe is that, Tazz is going to revealed as the one who has been mentoring him and turning him into the monster. (Much like Tazz used to be in his ECW days)
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: May 12 2009 09:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tazz was amazing, though I wish injuries didn't keep him from being able to wrestle. I hate Beer Money always being in the tag team light, they need to start jobbing for once.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 12 2009 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was so pissed Beer Money beat Lethal Consequences in the tag tournament.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: May 12 2009 09:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beer Money are like the non-entertaining version of the APA.
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: May 12 2009 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
Beer Money are like the non-entertaining version of the APA.

I miss the APA Crying

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 12 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beer Money aren't bad, but I don't think they need to constantly be the top contenders for the tag belts either.
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: May 12 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like Beer Money. There are a lot more tag teams I'd rather see than them.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: May 13 2009 02:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I miss Curry Man. Yes, Christorpher Daniels is awesome and there is a lot more heel possibilities for him as himself, but Curry Man was just so damn fun.

Anyways, random thoughts

Samoa Joe needs to become a heel or change gimmicks... like, right now. Seriously, there is no pay off for this gimmick that will make up for the damage it has caused.

They need to do something with MCM that makes sense. Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are talented, but having them switch between being heels and faces so often just doesn't work. I would prefer them to be faces personally, as their offense complements it, but so long as TNA just picks one I will be happy.

Beer Money isn't bad, at least they have managed to stay together for more then a few months. There aren't any tag teams left in TNA, much less any heel ones.

On that note, I miss heel LAX.

As for the TNA game, it is a game built for TNA fans, not gamers. The fans are going to buy it if it is bad game or a good one, and they don't have to worry about it being just a roster update of a previous game. It is what it is.
Ba'al
PostPosted: May 13 2009 07:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like the Dudleys to turn heel, I always found them to function better as that.

Chile Guy
PostPosted: May 13 2009 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Has Cute Kip, or Monty Sopp, or whatever the assmaster (LOLPUN) here likes to be called bailed out of TNA yet?

Also, I wonder if TNA will still exist in the next 5 years the way it goes?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 14 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA's ratings are at an all-time high right now. IIRC, they routinely beat ECW's ratings. They're nowhere near RAW's level, but it's a start.

Speaking of which, RAW's ratings have been falling steadily.

Cute Kip/Billy Gun/Kip James/Monty Sopp is still TNA. Although both he and Jacqueline Moore have been taken off TV, they are personal friends of Jarrett and work as road agents. Road Dogg/Brian Gerard James is also currently working as a backstage guy too.

However, Cute Kip is heavily expected to return on tonight's Impact to help Angelina Love take out Awesome Kong.
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: May 14 2009 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

but their PPV buy rates are in the shitter. Don't know how that balances out though
Ba'al
PostPosted: May 14 2009 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I find it ironic how much WWE's rating have fallen since the early 90's.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 14 2009 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The post-Hogan mid-90s era, ironically, was one of the worst periods in WWF history for ratings. The Hart/Michaels feud is fondly remembered by smarks and critics, but it was ratings poison for the company. The Attitude Era saved their asses in a big way.
Ba'al
PostPosted: May 14 2009 08:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably remembered because of the Screwjob if anything.

Chile Guy
PostPosted: May 14 2009 08:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What about Bobby Lashley? Will that guy debut soon? Will he align himself with the MEM, or the Frontline, or take Christian's place of the outsider?
And I've heard they plan to reunite Lance Cade with Trevor Murdoch... eh, I mean, Jethro Holiday.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 14 2009 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lashley has appeared several times. He's most likely going to align with MEM.

And yes, Cade and Murdoch will be reunited.
Chile Guy
PostPosted: May 28 2009 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll use this thread to comment about TNA's newest acquisitions: Raven, Franchise Shane Douglas and Lisa Marie Varon, a.k.a Victoria, a.k.a Tara, from now on.

As much as I like them all, they're somewhat past their prime. Still, stay tuned on iMPACT! for what can come out next.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: May 28 2009 09:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still think that TNA can and will become a great alternative to WWE. Vince wants to go PG entertainment for the whole family. Fine, if you only care about selling Cena T-shirts to 9 year olds, great.

As long as TNA keeps up with the quality Pro-Wresting vs WWE's Sports Entertainment, I think both companies can co-exist and both be successful.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 29 2009 05:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Victoria is a good acquisition, not sure about Douglas and Raven. Love them, but they're past their prime. He was wearing a big shirt, so it's a little hard to tell for sure, but Raven looks thinner than he was last time he was in TNA. During his feud with Larry Zbysko, he was in pretty sad shape.

I like how TNA has an actual women's division. The WWE's one is a complete joke.

Buff Bagwell has been telling friends that he signed a contract with TNA. I have mixed feelings about this. Buff is a great performer, but he's also a notorious crybaby and has been known to pick fights with people and throw temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. During his WCW days, he used to make his mom call management and complain on his behalf. When he tried that in WWE, he was quickly fired.
Ba'al
PostPosted: May 29 2009 05:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Raven's great, even if the years haven't been kind to him. I started watching Impact rather late, so I only saw Shane Douglas. Also, Awesome Kong is awesome.

Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: May 29 2009 06:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Daffney is in TNA? I would watch TNA to look at Daffney.
Reply to topic

Jump to: